The Student Room Group

From giving birth to having a colostomy put in - can sue the NHS?

Before anythning just want to let know this may be awkward me typing this out so sorry if it sounds badly worded or as if I didn't know how to put things .

So recently my aunty gave birth and this is huge for my family and everyone as it's my youngest uncle's first child. However due to there being tears for when the baby comes out my aunty needed some surgery , however the surgery who did it missed a hole or something that there was so meaning it was hard for my aunty to go toilet and it would come out the wrong place ( yep not where its meant to lets just say ) this resulting in another operation needing to be done and ultimately a colostomy bag needing to be put in.

so this is of course nothing small and effects a persons life greatly but not only hers but her husbands and everyone one of us . this is due to the poor surgery done leading to it needing to be fixed by another surgeon. Now this meant my aunty has to stay in the hospital now until god knows when alongside the baby staying with her .

The governance of the hospital even said in the 16 years she has been at the job she has never seen this case , from someone giving birth to now needing a colostomy.i am aware of human errors and mistakes but frankly don't see that as an excuse and believe an investigation would be done

the reason i wanted to write this was to see if anyone has ever sued,or knew someone that had some wrong doing done by the NHS , this is not me bashing or anything the NHS but just wanting to see if there are other stories or anything done to someone before that was an error , needing a bag to do your business in shouldn't be happening due to poor neglecance .
Reply 1
I would say that is grounds to sue.

Quick Reply

Latest