The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any Liverpool news todayyy??? I keep checking my emails but nothing!! :frown:

Is the deadline tues or weds??
Reply 4521
emmaaa..

and btw, the work experience programme at blackpool zoo looks AMAZING!!!! looks really well organised and its brilliant that they're clearly wanting to people to get active and actually do experience there. unlike ALL the zoos around me :rolleyes:
the part of that that appeals to me the most would be the research section, i might even email them about it but i'd need to find accommodation in the area..one for next year i think!!!
:|

You'll easily find accommodation in Blackpool. Its a mega tourist attraction so theres B and Bs everywhere that are quite cheap. Just dont pick any right in the centre. Try for south shore somewhere coz transport to the zoo is still really cheap think its about £4 for a bus daysaver and it only takes about 20 minutes fromm south shore. Im definitely going to go when they have a placement block I can actually do. Im from Blackpool originally so I can prob stay with my auntie and uncle lol. Theres usually a mega waiting list for Blackpool zoo but they must have it more organised now coz there seems to be quite a few placements available =)
Reply 4522
Kurzyk
I think we, the gatewayers, are gonna be the last ones to hear from RVC. :s-smilie:

I think so too :s-smilie:
Come on Bristol!!!!!!!! ... and rvc :smile:
Reply 4523
JoMC
I think so too :s-smilie:
Come on Bristol!!!!!!!! ... and rvc :smile:

Fingers crosses they might let us know today or tomorrow. :yes:
becky90009
Thanksss very much! what if you have the same offer from both unis whats the point in putting one as your firm and one as your insurance? because both edinburgh and glasgow give offers to scottish students as BB, so then i was wondering if someone puts their firm as edinburgh and their insurance as glasgow (2 of my friends are doing this) do they still have a place at glasgow or does it free up a place for me :frown: ? im so confused because i asked about the waiting list and they told me they didnt rank it untill august.. so how can they give out offers in may if they dont rank the waiting list till august :| ????

nope how universitys look at it is that their numbers have been cut down slightly by people not putting it as their insurance....this is another reason why they give out more offers than places avaliable! What they mean by on hold for august is that on the 19th august when we get our grades if you get AAB or AAA and would like to go to that university then you ring and tell them what you have got....if they have places avaliabe (places that came free by peeople declinging this uni, putting it as their insurance but getting into there firm and people not getting that grades at all).

So basically lets say glasgow offeres you a place but not me...and you turned it down coz you wanted to go to another uni, the place does not come avaliable to me!

I hope this helps?? xx
Reply 4525
LIVERPOOL OFFER :woo: :woo: :woo:

This is going to sound weird, but I don't feel like it's real because track hasn't updated yet. I'm almost not letting myself believe it yet. They've emailed me, but it doesn't seem real.
Omg Congratulllationssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
steph_v

This is going to sound weird, but I don't feel like it's real because track hasn't updated yet. I'm almost not letting myself believe it yet. They've emailed me, but it doesn't seem real.

You might be seeing me now :yes:
steph_v

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 4529
skatealexia
You might be seeing me now :yes:

Did you get an email first, then a track update? I don't know why I'm completely in denial. I don't even want to put it on facebook, it doesn't seem real. I really, really, REALLY expected a rejection.
Reply 4530
RVC GATEWAY OFFER! for deferred entry (i didnt even apply for deferred entry but hey)!!
Reply 4531
CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL :biggrin:
fIRST BIT OF GOOD NEWS i'VE HAD IN AGES!
steph_v
Did you get an email first, then a track update? I don't know why I'm completely in denial. I don't even want to put it on facebook, it doesn't seem real. I really, really, REALLY expected a rejection.

What you going to do now!?!

RVC firm, Liv insurance? :p: :p:
Reply 4533
Sorry have never been able to write in big letters on here before =]
Reply 4534
hollykb
Someone posted a link a while back to a site for working abroad? You had to pay a bit to get contact details of host people?? Can you post it again, I can't find it!!

think that might have been me. if so then this is what Ive been looking on
http://www.projects-abroad.org/ xx
Reply 4535
2 Dr. be
Congratulations Steph!!!!! I'm now officially gonna be a nottingham vet!!! I got the best feeling from Notts during the interview.. and i knw i'l be so happy there ( u knw why i wanted RVC- but as u said .. easy obstacles to overcome)

p.s every1.. i just declined from my Bristol offer.. so should be one more place up for grabs :smile:

Did you wait to hear from RVC? But congrats anyway! :woo:

Congrats to all other offers. I've gone past denial and now I can't stop crying! :woo: :woo:
Reply 4536
hollykb
Yeh! Gap years rule!! Although technically it'll be gap year number 7 for me but same thing :smile: You'll all be jealous when we're in india riding elephants and you're in boring lectures about cells and stuff! :woo:

hahaha I totally agree. Im looking forward to it now. Keep looking for things to do. Need a job that pays more coz I realllly want to go to India and at the mo I spend my whole life pooooor =) hahaha xxxx
JoMC
RVC GATEWAY OFFER! for deferred entry (i didnt even apply for deferred entry but hey)!!

Well done! :woo:
Any idea why you have been given deferred entry?
(I wonder if my best mate has heard!)

zoop
CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL

Well done! :woo:
Reply 4538
steph_v

zoop
CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayayayay I am so happy for you! :woo:

Edit: And JoMc toooooo! Yay :smile:
steph_v

:woo::woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending