The Student Room Group

leaving school at 15?

i'm not 16 till october But apparently i can leave in the summer
as long as i go to college is that true?
thats what my mum did

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wasn't 16 until August but still left at the normal time before summer.

But are you in the year that will be leaving?? ie are you a young yr 11 or old yr 10??
Reply 2
I didn't think you could, I'm pretty sure quite a few people in my old school had to wait until they could leave :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Yeah I think you can as long as you continue full time education

and guys this is SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS

Reading your other thread though, are you sure you don't want to do highers in school? You'll be very young at college even then
Yeah, you can if you continue education, like said above, you would be very young at college.
Reply 5
Feo
OP
Ronar
Yeah I think you can as long as you continue full time education

and guys this is SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS

Reading your other thread though, are you sure you don't want to do highers in school? You'll be very young at college even then

I hate school and it would take me 2 years at school
because i probably won't get credit passes where as only 1 year
at college.
Reply 6
See if you aren't going to get credit and are only going to college because they will let you on the higher course it sounds a bit mad because it is for the best you doing int 2s as the jump is just insane from sg general level to higher honestly :p:
Reply 7
Feo
OP
Ronar
See if you aren't going to get credit and are only going to college because they will let you on the higher course it sounds a bit mad because it is for the best you doing int 2s as the jump is just insane from sg general level to higher honestly :p:

so you're saying that i should stay in school?
Reply 8
Feo
so you're saying that i should stay in school?

Yeah lol. School gets a lot better in fifth year all the idiots drop out and you can have a laugh with most of the teachers

and you never know you might surprise yourself and get onto the higher courses anyway lol

I wanted to go to college after 4th year but didn't and i'm quite glad I didn't because the higers were hard enough without having to worry about meeting new lecturers etc

however

Luhlah

Left after 4th year and might be able to help you :smile:
Reply 9
Feo
OP
Ronar
Yeah lol. School gets a lot better in fifth year all the idiots drop out and you can have a laugh with most of the teachers

and you never know you might surprise yourself and get onto the higher courses anyway lol

I wanted to go to college after 4th year but didn't and i'm quite glad I didn't because the higers were hard enough without having to worry about meeting new lecturers etc

however

Left after 4th year and might be able to help you :smile:

see i really hate school i have no self esteem my attendance is bad. i was thinking college might be a fresh start.
you must be in full time education until you are 16, whether it at school or college. if it falls between june and august you are still in education until the next school year starts.
Reply 11
Feo
see i really hate school i have no self esteem my attendance is bad. i was thinking college might be a fresh start.

well it is up to you :smile: Why dont you do some int 2's at college? It will take the pressure off lol

Or you could do a 2 year highers and get the nabs next year and do the actual exam the year after

I dont know :p:

Are you predicted 3's?
Reply 12
You can leave at 15 as long the school agrees with it AND it's full time. But, if your attendence falls bellow 70% at college, you'll be shipped right back to school. You can offically leave school and stay at college at xmas during your year 1 at college.

Bloody confusing english :hmmm: We have real colleges here, not piss-take sixth forms :p:

I found that college really brought me out of mah shell, a mere chick to a full chicken from school to college...:p:
Reply 13
Feo
OP
clareramos
you must be in full time education until you are 16, whether it at school or college. if it falls between june and august you are still in education until the next school year starts.

no scotland is different
Feo
no scotland is different

in the case of scotland, until school starts in August.
clareramos
in the case of scotland, until school starts in August.

No.

"31st May of that year if your 16th birthday is between 1st March and 30th September or the start of the Christmas holiday if your 16th birthday is between 1st October and the last day of February."

Source

With all due respect, if you don't know what you're talking about, please don't offer what you think is fact as gospel without checking.
Reply 16
Feo
OP
also in 4th year don't you finish earlier because of the exams?
I live in Scotland can I leave school when I'm 14
Original post by Dachelvhkt
I live in Scotland can I leave school when I'm 14

No you have to wait until you're 16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost 6 years old this thread, wow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending