The Student Room Group

Missed opportunities?

I have been told this before by male friends but I want to check with the female side as well whether I have missed lots of opportunities to gain a girlfriend. The situation is/was this:

Throughout school and now also into university, I have had a reputation (rightfully so) as being a smart guy. Lots of people always came to me with questions about academic work and I was happy to help them. There were always those in my class/on my course who were a bit smarter than me but for some reason I got the disproportionate amount of attention when it came to people seeking help with schoolwork. As I did not attend an all boys school or university, a good deal of these people were female.

Some of my male friends have joked with me, saying that I was blind to the real interests of (at least some) of the girls who have come to ask for my help with academic matters over the years.

The question to the girls is this: Have you ever/would you approach a guy with a question about schoolwork while as in reality you were simply interested in the guy and couldn't come up with any other way of approaching him? Or that you had a selection of guys to approach with your question about schoolwork but chose the one you liked the most?

I just want to check if I've wasted the past 5 or so years of my life by not being able to identify "opportunities" that were presented to me on a silver platter?
Reply 1
mayb dey be usin u
Reply 2
If I liked a guy, and he has a reputation for being a good teacher then oh course I'm going to approach him!

But it doesn't necessarily work vice versa.
Reply 3
Bit hard to tell without seeing the situation at the time but I guess some of them were if you were getting disproportionate attention. Not really your fault, people should be less suttle in their "signals" if they were interested.
Reply 4
I might, but on the other hand I could just be asking for advice.
hmm..never really though of it that way..might be using that to my advantage now :beard:

Latest

Trending

Trending