The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Are we allowed to take a rice boiler to Warwick?

Thanks.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by KP 2010
Are we allowed to take a rice boiler to Warwick?

Thanks.

Yes, they're quite popular amongst international students! You see them everywhere!
Hello

I've purchased Warwick Sports Membership (along with 4 clubs), will I receive a membership card? Thank you!
Reply 2163
Original post by chronicl3

Hello

I've purchased Warwick Sports Membership (along with 4 clubs), will I receive a membership card? Thank you!

There's no separate card for it; you just use your student card to get in and it will automatically detect that you have Warwick Sport activated.
Reply 2164
I didn't get a ticket for the Freshers' paint party. Is there a good chance I can pick up one on the night?
Reply 2165
Original post by KP 2010
I didn't get a ticket for the Freshers' paint party. Is there a good chance I can pick up one on the night?

Already sold out....
Reply 2166
Original post by KP 2010

It's possible to transfer tickets if you can find one willing to sell them. Just go to SUHQ reception with the person who will sell.
Original post by screenager2004
Yes, they're quite popular amongst international students! You see them everywhere!

what is the different between a rice boiler and using a saucepan to boil rice?
Original post by Alison1992
what is the different between a rice boiler and using a saucepan to boil rice?

You just set the rice cooker to run and then walk away. You don't need to actually pay attention to it, since it automatically shuts off when done. The ones with fuzzy logic make rice better than most people can make rice in a pot. You can repurpose a rice cooker to be a steamer. All in all, while a rice cooker is incredibly convenient, it's not necessarily mandatory. I will not be bringing a rice cooker, personally.
Reply 2169
Hey guys!

Am I right in thinking that the only thing I need to take tomorrow is my certificate of enrollment and some ID?
Original post by choly7
Hey guys!

Am I right in thinking that the only thing I need to take tomorrow is my certificate of enrollment and some ID?

I think you need 4 passport sized photos too :smile:
Reply 2171
Original post by ChemBeast
I think you need 4 passport sized photos too :smile:

Ahh noo D: do you know why?
Reply 2172
Also, someone told me that the platinum card get's you into everything, apart from the 'copper rooms'? Is this true? Does this mean I have to buy a separate ticket for those events?
Original post by choly7

Not too sure... maybe for the accomadation:confused:
Original post by ttoby
There's no separate card for it; you just use your student card to get in and it will automatically detect that you have Warwick Sport activated.

Thanks!

DO I need to bring my GCSE&A-Level results cerficate?
Reply 2175

Thanks!

DO I need to bring my GCSE&A-Level results cerficate?

Not unless they've asked for them. The universities get sent your results automatically from the exam boards through UCAS etc.
Reply 2176
Can you still get into the Freshers party without the shirt if you pay on the door?
Anyone who has studied/ is studying at Warwick? How was your experience? More specifically, anyone studied English Literature? How was the course? How was your overall experience also? (accommodation etc.)
Reply 2178
Original post by KP 2010
Can you still get into the Freshers party without the shirt if you pay on the door?

You can try, doubt you'll be successful if it's at capacity. Mind you worse case scenario of just having a drink in the piazza isn't the end of the world :s-smilie:
Reply 2179
Original post by choly7

If you're moving into campus accommodation, you are supposed to have 2 passport sized photos to give to the residential staff but I must confess that I have never bothered. Last year the staff said it was fine and just took a picture of me themselves so unless you happen to have pictures of yourself lying around, I wouldn't worry too much.

Quick Reply

Latest