The Student Room Group

I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 15....

The problem is of course the fact that I am 18 and she is 15, which obviously means if I do anything remotely sexual with her I will be charged with statuatory rape.
I wouldn't say I love her as we've only been going out for a week and bit now, but I do care about her and I'd like to still be with her. Her parents know I'm 18 but I haven't really talked to them about it, but they haven't really voiced their objection. Her protective brother who's 19 doesn't have a problem with me as he knows I'm genuine and I don't really give a damn about sex. She's incredibly mature for her age, she acts more mature than most 18 year old girls I know....

I know my girlfriend has the implant and is on the CD scheme, and I was kinda wondering whether I should still be with her: in case she gets sad that we can't do anything sexual. All I want is for her to be happy, and I know I make her happy, same as her for me. I really don't want to dump her, and I don't want to have sex with her 'til she's 16. Would she be happy without that sexual relationship do you think?

But if the worst comes to the worst and it happens which I'm NOT saying it will, it's just an if, a statement of possibility: what's the chances of me going to jail and what sort of punishment would I see if someone finds out and then reports to the authorities?

I have no previous criminal record of any sort AT ALL. Have never even been involved in a fight at school. Which brings me on to another point, no one at all has any problem, we are together at school and people know she's 15 and I'm 18 but no one has challenged me.

Legal age of consent is 16 where I live btw....

Maybe some thoughts about what I should do in the situation too?

Yes I know some of you may think its wrong because she's still a child and blah.. but seriously if you do think that don't comment on this thread, I'm not looking for insults, I'm looking for positive comments. I'd have a problem with it myself if I actually wanted to do anything sexual.

Thank you =)

Scroll to see replies

well you can wait and give her a 16th she will never forget..aaayyee :hubba:
Reply 2
She's 15 and she has the implant? o.0 And how long til she's 16? Not all girls are in it for sex, and not all are sluts that want it within 2 weeks or you're chucked, regardless of popular belief. I'd say you've only been together one week, wait a little longer and see how it pans out.
Reply 3
I dont think its right and i dont think its wrong. I go for mature girls (20+), because i like them fully developed, if you know what i mean ( ass, tits and all) :yes:
Reply 4

+

=

Reply 5
Sorry, I just think this is kinda wrong. A 19 year-old with a 16 year-old, ok. But 15. FIFTEEN??????????
Why do you want to be with someone if:
a) You dont think you love her and
b) You dont want sex with her
Reply 6
The possibility of you getting into jail is the same as the probability of a policeman walking past your window, spotting you in your act, and asking for your ID's... highly unlikely; unless:
She files in a report on you.
Her parents / anyone else does so.

If you genuinely care about her, and don't see sex as a huge issue, then I don't see your problem.
She'll probably not force you to have sex with her, anyway- especially if she knows your reasoning, etc.. etc...
I find you very reasonable and responsible for your age.

Nothing wrong with an age gap as long as both parties are completely happy and content about it.

I'm 18, and my boyfriend is 22... so really, your age gap ain't that big whatsoever, in my opinion. (3 contra 4... hehe, still... get my drift, I suppose).

I also find it completely logical that you do want to put it off, kudos to you. =)

Keep it up.
Reply 7
As long as she doesn't get pregnant, you can't be charged with rape I think, unless you do something stupid like film it. I started going out with my girlfriend when she was 16 (I was 20) it's no big deal unless you make it a big deal.
When's her birthday OP? Also, I lost my virginity at 15, my mum found out, my boyfriend was 17 and she didn't press charges (she threatened to). I'm not saying that you should do it, but if you wanna do it, do it, just don't broadcast it.
someone i know is getting done for having sex with a minor. if you actually care wait til she is 16. or you know, is shes worth it.. risk it. but doubt anyone is worth going to jail for after a week.
Reply 10
Well, it appears as though you're both happy :smile: And I'm sure you can wait for her 16th can't you? Good luck to you both!
Reply 11
I don't see a problem with it personally, I had a friend who was in a similar situation a while back. I would suggest you don't do anything sexual with her though, as if anyone does lodge a complaint it would be very very very serious. You can be in a relationship without sex you know, just wait till shes 16.
dannicottell
When's her birthday OP? Also, I lost my virginity at 15, my mum found out, my boyfriend was 17 and she didn't press charges (she threatened to). I'm not saying that you should do it, but if you wanna do it, do it, just don't broadcast it.

Cheers for the input really helps =) 02 August, which is a long time I guess.. Maybe I'll just have to wait to see how the relationship pans out, but yeah at the moment, I really don't believe my male sense would take over and make me want to make love with her. I could wait til she's 16, its just whether she can lol! I just don't want her to get bored :P
Reply 13
From what you've written.. it seems like you think she wants the sexual relations more than you actually do. Am i right? And no offence, cause you seem like a nice person for wanting to make her 'happy' and everything, but if shes 15 and has already got an implant, then in my opinion she probably is the one who wants it more..!
I'm 16 and have a boyfriend that is 18.. but he's never actually tried anything on in terms of actual sex, and i do respect that cause i'm not really willing to give it up right now. But i only turned 16 recently and when we used to get quite close he would always be quite firm with me and say its not necessary right now, cause as the girl you think the guy is more inclined to want some lol.
So in my opinion, take some authority as the male in the relationship, and don't lead her on to believing sex is needed right now.. however if you both want it, do it. Cause plently of people give it up before legal age lol, just keep it to yourself.. though what i think.. is that you should at least wait till she hits 16 cause yeh, if anything bad was to go down.. you'd go to jail and have this criminal record for no reason.. especially as you said you only known each other for a week and a bit and are not in love or anything lol..!
:smile:
IDontAgreeWithUsernames34
Cheers for the input really helps =) 02 August, which is a long time I guess.. Maybe I'll just have to wait to see how the relationship pans out, but yeah at the moment, I really don't believe my male sense would take over and make me want to make love with her. I could wait til she's 16, its just whether she can lol! I just don't want her to get bored :P

Maybe just enjoy each others company and get to know each other for a while first and just see how it goes. As long as you trust each other when/if it comes to sleeping together then age isn't as big a deal as everyone makes out, in my opinion. Is she a virgin? And there are loads of other things you can do instead of intercourse, I didn't think that (in the words of Jeremy Kyle) sexual contact was illegal. When you're ready to get closer maybe just start with that.
By law, you are an adult and she is a child. Be a man, and accept you can't have sex with her til after she's 16.
Reply 16
If they can bleed they can breed.
How close is she to 16? Ur age gap isn't that much.

Not as bad as some of the sickness i know about. Some girl in my class has a boyfriend 11 years older. She was 7 when he was going down the pub. Serious weirdo.
Reply 18
Your A Pedo And Tsr Is Gay
Reply 19
When I was 15, my boyfriend was 20, don't sweat it. If she's 100% ready to do sexual stuff, then screw the law. Be careful not to put any pressure on though, cos she IS young.
It's all consensual, so I doubt you'd go to jail, unless she lied and said you raped her.

Latest

Trending

Trending