The Student Room Group

Gone Revising Goes Lifting II [and 5-a-side football prep.]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
:lolwut: are you insane?!
:lolwut: are you insane?!

Had to work at 5 am, so seemed a good time to go, plus woke me up nicely lol :smile:
Reply 82
haha, can't say your not commited :p:
Reply 83
4:30am???

I was going to sleep then...
Reply 84
jesus christ lol

I mean, I can understand and I have trained with weights at this time before

but to run? u crazy mo'fo
lmao, when its time, its time :smile:
Re Upper

DB Incline Bench, 22.5kg, 8 8 8

Chinups, uw, 10 10 10 PB
supersetted with
Rear Delt Flyes, 10kg, 8 8 8

DB Press, 17.5kg, 8 8 8

DB Shrugs, 40kg, 8 8 12 PB
superstted with
DB Curls, 12.5kg, 10 10, 15kg, 8 PB

Additional Notes;

Was fine, will rep incline bench and press more next time.
ME Lower A

Front Squat, 70kg, 5 PB
Bulgarian Split Squats, 25kg, 6 6 6
Glute Ham Raise, +15kg, 8 8 8 PB
Leg Raise, uw, 8 8 8 New Excercise

Additional Notes;

Weird session today. I went with a mate whos just getting started with ss, hes been a couple of times so far, but hes still working on his form.
He was squatting with 45kg, yet his heels were raising sightly as he passed parallel, i pointed this out to him, and as he was about to have another go at it, a lad walked across, told him that he was squatting incorrectly and began giving me advice on form [i had not done anything at all at this point]. I wouldve been ok with the misunderstanding, but he [the stranger] completed what at best could be described as a half squat, claiming that the back should be perpendicular to the floor. I was a little pissed off.

Im happy with the front squat, but shouldve repped the split squat more, i just wasnt feeling it at that point. GHR was more challenging than last time and the leg raises were because both decline benches were taken [not because i found out that adding weight does not impact abs].
I don't check in here very often. :frown:

Needless to say, you appear to be doing good, particularly that last RE upper session.

Strong front to back squat ratio... strong dumbbell incline to barbell incline ratio as well.
Smack
I don't check in here very often. :frown:

Needless to say, you appear to be doing good, particularly that last RE upper session.

Strong front to back squat ratio... strong dumbbell incline to barbell incline ratio as well.

Cheers mate, i appreciate it.

lol, i know that some of my numbers are a bit funny, its just the way that its playing out.

I read your blog, im inclined to agree with you on the bb rows, it does seem that unnecessary effort and concentration must be given to stabilisation, but then split squats certainly share that trait also.
Gone Revising
Cheers mate, i appreciate it.

lol, i know that some of my numbers are a bit funny, its just the way that its playing out.

My numbers are a bit funny too. Least we know our weaknesses based on our numbers.

I read your blog, im inclined to agree with you on the bb rows, it does seem that unnecessary effort and concentration must be given to stabilisation, but then split squats certainly share that trait also.

That is one of the benefits of split squats for athletes: the balance factor.
Reply 91
Gone Revising
Cardiovascular Training

4 mile run at approx 4.30am

Loving that commitment, keep it up! How long are you going to Egypt for?
Smack
My numbers are a bit funny too. Least we know our weaknesses based on our numbers.

That is one of the benefits of split squats for athletes: the balance factor.

True, thats one great advantage of a diverse routine.

Shawshank
Loving that commitment, keep it up! How long are you going to Egypt for?

Thank you, im going for seven days, assuming that air travel is not subject to wind direction a 6 weeks.
Football Training

50 minutes skills based training
30 minute 5-a-side game
Reply 94
man

football?

man you're gonna be like C Ronaldo now= (
Good going :gthumb:

Do you do any of the conditional stuff Joe D puts on the website?
Adonis
man

football?

man you're gonna be like C Ronaldo now= (

lol, i doubt that

Plus, i do still want to be massive, as i said, im going for another bulk around july.

cowsforsale
Good going

Do you do any of the conditional stuff Joe D puts on the website?

Thank you, i dont, but ill definitely look into it. ave you tried any of it?
Ah no i've not tried it, i might take it up during summer when i might be on a cut...:smile:
ME Upper

Incline BB Bench, 55kg, 3 PB
DB Bench, 25kg, 8 7 PB

DB Rows, 25kg, 10 10 10 PB
with
Rear Delt Flyes, 10kg, 10 10 10 PB

DB Shrugs, 40kg, 10 10 10 10 PB
BB Curls, 30kg, 8 8 8 8 PB

Additional Notes;

Ecstatic, couldve got another rep or two on the incline, but I lift without a spotter. Will definitely get 5 reps next time.
Cardiovascular Training

4 mile run at approx. 5am

7 mile cycling at approx 4.30pm

Quick Reply

Latest