The Student Room Group

How to lose face fat?

I'm average weight, not too skinny but I'm not fat. I've recently started working out again. I drink plenty of water. However, I have always had fat stored in my cheeks and on my stomach. I'm unsure how to fix this as I look very young with having chubby cheeks giving me a rounder face. I'm also unable to lose fat on my stomach, despite not being fat anywhere else. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Reply 1
What kind of workout do you do? I'd add cardio.
Speaking about face fat, have you tried facial exercises? There are good video tutorials on YouTube.
Reply 2
Original post by user91234912341
I'm average weight, not too skinny but I'm not fat. I've recently started working out again. I drink plenty of water. However, I have always had fat stored in my cheeks and on my stomach. I'm unsure how to fix this as I look very young with having chubby cheeks giving me a rounder face. I'm also unable to lose fat on my stomach, despite not being fat anywhere else. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You can't spot reduce fat :smile:

People are naturally different shapes and sizes, and genetically different people are more or less likely to store body fat in different places. Nothing wrong with that! I have a very round face too haha
Your shape/size/numbers do not define your worth or your health. Keep drinking plenty of water, do some exercise you enjoy (but don't overdo the exercise), and eat a good variety of food carbohydrates, protein, fats, fruit and veg, and of course any other things you enjoy :smile:. Remember that lots of the things you might see on social media might be photoshopped/edited, people might be lying or have unsustainable/unrealistic diet/exercise habits, or simply have a particular combination of genes that makes them look a certain way.
Cardio is the best training for losing fat. I did it and was surprised by myself how fast I lost weight in my face.
Continue drinking water
Literally all you can do is lose fat via losing weight

If your face is fat and you are average weight then you’ll need to below average weight, some people just have bloated faces for some reason even at lower levels of fat.
Don't worry if fat seems stuck in places like cheeks and stomach. Keep exercising and eating balanced meals. Try ab and facial exercises in the end we cannot particularly target a single part however let's keep patience and workout.
It may differ from person to person. genetics may be problem here. but you should workout. here are some workouts : Yawning and opening the mouth as far as possible, then closing it very slowly without letting the teeth touch.

Puckering the lips outwards. ...

Blowing the cheeks up as far as comfortable.

Chewing with the head tilted slightly up.

Grinning as widely as comfortable then slowly tilting the head up and down.

Original post by Maryglov
Sometimes the stress even affected my weight and I saw that in the beginning I really got big cheeks
ya stress do affect weight
In addition to exercise, pay close attention to your diet, specifically carbohydrates. There are simple and complex carbs.
Simple carbs, found in sugary snacks and drinks, can spike your blood sugar and contribute to fat storage, especially around the belly area. On the other hand, complex carbs, found in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, provide sustained energy and can aid in weight loss.

According to this article from The Global & European Journal of Endocrinology, a moderate carbohydrate intake of 45-65% of your daily calories is recommended for weight loss. For example, if you're following a 2000-calorie diet, aim for 225-325 grams of carbs per day within this range. And include more complex carbs in your meals and limit simple ones.
(edited 1 month ago)
there are [url= https://elleesmith.livejournal.com/323.html?newpost=1 ]exercise for sagging jowls. i have given a blog for exerise. diet and exercise both are main factors in face fatloss .
Original post by bl0bf1sh
You can't spot reduce fat :smile:
People are naturally different shapes and sizes, and genetically different people are more or less likely to store body fat in different places. Nothing wrong with that! I have a very round face too haha
Your shape/size/numbers do not define your worth or your health. Keep drinking plenty of water, do some exercise you enjoy (but don't overdo the exercise), and eat a good variety of food carbohydrates, protein, fats, fruit and veg, and of course any other things you enjoy :smile:. Remember that lots of the things you might see on social media might be photoshopped/edited, people might be lying or have unsustainable/unrealistic diet/exercise habits, or simply have a particular combination of genes that makes them look a certain way.

technically you can, but its so technical its not worth knowing en mass
Original post by -Laureliz-
In addition to exercise, pay close attention to your diet, specifically carbohydrates. There are simple and complex carbs.
Simple carbs, found in sugary snacks and drinks, can spike your blood sugar and contribute to fat storage, especially around the belly area. On the other hand, complex carbs, found in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, provide sustained energy and can aid in weight loss.
According to this article from The Global & European Journal of Endocrinology, a moderate carbohydrate intake of 45-65% of your daily calories is recommended for weight loss. For example, if you're following a 2000-calorie diet, aim for 225-325 grams of carbs per day within this range. And include more complex carbs in your meals and limit simple ones.

blood sugar spikes are not inherently bad not is there a direct causation to where your body will store fat, in the same way you cannot spot reduce, you cannot spot gain apart from in one domain, visceral.

Complex carbs usually come with more fibre and are certainly better sources and release their energy is released more slowly as they take longer to digest but they ALL (except for very specific sources) are broken down into the same molecule.

Quick Reply

Latest