The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'll never have to wait that long for results again :biggrin:
xlouisedoll
Was it not too busy then??? Oooh! Thats good! I was not looking forward to the 3-hour-long queues that were there on the 2 occasions I've been before.. :frown:

EDIT: Whoops - didn't read the last bit! How long were the normal queues for Nemesis, Air, Oblivion etc. ?

It was pretty busy, and the queues did get quite long, although as not as long as in the school trip season. RITA (the new one with an insane launch) will get queues approaching 2 hours by about 11, so get to it early and it should only be around 40-50 minutes. For the rest, queues were about 30-50 minutes for nemesis, AIR, Oblivion, Spinball, but use the single rider on nemesis and spinball, and get a fasttrack for AIR, and you should be able to get quite a lot of rides in.
40-50 minutes? Thats pretty good! Last time I went, the queue for Nemesis was 3 hours long :eek: hence why I haven't actually been on it yet..hoping to change that next Tuesday though!
Reply 23
I'm also feeling the bored/nervous combo. And nightmares? Yeh, i've had the weirdest ones. Most recently, I was on a TV Game Show and I won, so I was handed an envelope with my results in but i couldn't open the envelope, it was clamped shut. I have a weird subconcious!
actually feelin quite sick in the stomach..................but that could be all the comfort eating i'm doin!
I doubt I'll be having nightmares. They don't freak me out that much.
xlouisedoll
I doubt I'll be having nightmares. They don't freak me out that much.

Same here. Whilst I care about my GCSEs, I don't let them take over and dominate my life.
Ditto.. I mean they're very important to me.. I don't know what I'd do if something freakish happened and I couldn't go into 6th form! But I'm not going to start hyperventilating when I get the envelope or anything.
Reply 28
xlouisedoll
Ditto.. I mean they're very important to me.. I don't know what I'd do if something freakish happened and I couldn't go into 6th form! But I'm not going to start hyperventilating when I get the envelope or anything.

I probably will, knowing me! I'm a bit of a drama queen! :redface:
HEAD BOY
I probably will, knowing me! I'm a bit of a drama queen! :redface:

LOL! Don't stress..everything will be fine... :cool:
Reply 30
lol no hyperventilation? no placing hand in front of mouth, melodramatically, to act surprised. Impossible! You must have nerves of steel!
Reply 31
xlouisedoll
LOL! Don't stress..everything will be fine... :cool:

Yeah i know! It's just all the hype from everybody and it's getting so close! :eek:
Reply 32
Vazzyb
lol no hyperventilation? no dramatic, placing hand in front of mouth, melodramatically, to act surprised. Impossible! You must have nerves of steel!

Lol! Nice description! :biggrin:
HEAD BOY
Yeah i know! It's just all the hype from everybody and it's getting so close! :eek:

Yeah, it is a bit daunting now that the A levels are out of the way.
Reply 34
*tries to relax all GCSE candidates*

:biggrin:
*Sits next to a pool in the sunshine with a glass of lemonade* I'm very chilled! I'll probably be eating my words at this time on the 24th though.
Reply 36
hehe. I don't think ill get any sleep whatsoever on that night. But that is ok really, seeing as I will be checking all the grade boundries/reports, if they are out.
Do you think they'll put them up at midnight?
Reply 38
well, they didn't for ALevels, but maybe they will for GCSEs, seeing as they did last year.

Also, Edexcel, put up their grade boundries and examiner reports out that night too!
Oooh, good! I quite fancy finding out the grade boundaries before I get my results..although I suppose rather than boosting my confidence as I'd want it to, it could have the opposite effect.

Latest