The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ICT one of the hardest?
Reply 2
This is going to go downhill and get locked, just wait till people start chanting "MEDIA STUDIES!!1111".
anything followed by a Studies (Sports ~, General ~, Theatre ~ etc)... but not things like Art they're not as easy as you'd think. Languages aren't too bad if you have a knack for languages - not much work anyway. Look into things like Critical Thinking... not sure if that's hard or not...
Reply 4
subjects defined by the JCQ as "traditional" - English, art, classical studies, economics, geography, history, maths and RE quoted from the bbc in an article about how some subjects werent doing so well, my point avoid the afore listed subjects for an easier 3rd Alevel
Business Studies, Politics, Law are all pretty easy.
Reply 6
Do whatever you're best at. Apparently maths isn't as difficult as people make out.
If you're relatively good at maths, its one of the easiest to get an A in.
Reply 8
The Ace is Back
anything followed by a Studies (Sports ~, General ~, Theatre ~ etc)... but not things like Art they're not as easy as you'd think. Languages aren't too bad if you have a knack for languages - not much work anyway. Look into things like Critical Thinking... not sure if that's hard or not...

Theatre Studies is NOT easy :mad: and requires an immense amount of work and imagination and is one of the subjects that achieves the least amount of A grades and the biggest amount of U grades. You have to analyse plays and analyse them from an actors, directors, designers point of view and what you'd would change about them. You have to devise plays and are marked on imagination, sophistication, originality, performance ability etc aswell as your directing and designing skills. It is very respected by Oxbridge and is an extremely useful A level to have. If you are not extremely imaginative or excellent at acting, you can forget about doing Theatre Studies!
Reply 9
ICT theory is stupidly easy. The coursework is easy - i thought - but a lot of pages - 486 to be precise
Reply 10
maths is one of the easiest...
other than that economics.. but i might just be weird
Reply 11
The easiest A Level depends on what your good at, people good at Maths would think Maths is easy whereas other people wont, just pick something that your good at, will enjoy and will be useful for your degree.
HEAD BOY
Theatre Studies is NOT easy :mad: and requires an immense amount of work and imagination and is one of the subjects that achieves the least amount of A grades and the biggest amount of U grades. You have to analyse plays and analyse them from an actors, directors, designers point of view and what you'd would change about them. You have to devise plays and are marked on imagination, sophistication, originality, performance ability etc aswell as your directing and designing skills. It is very respected by Oxbridge and is an extremely useful A level to have. If you are not extremely imaginative or excellent at acting, you can forget about doing Theatre Studies!

Imagination isn't hard work, and just because it achieves the least amount of A grades doesn't mean it's not easy. And by the least amount of A grades do you mean as a proportion of the total amount of candidates or just as a number to be compared alongside the number of A grades in other A-Levels? Devising plays isn't hard, if you enjoy drama and have a nack for it (otherwise why would you take it?) Why do you need to be excellent at acting to take Theatre Studies?
maths is actually one of the hardest because of all the methods and equations and you must learn tese to be able to do any of it and thus must have a good understanding of the subject.

Business Studies is supposed to be easy. As is sports studies. English isnt the hardest of subjects either. Or if you can speak a language thats fairly easy.

From your original post are you wanting to take AS and A2 all in one year or what? Because from what I can tell you have AA so far at A2 and nee another A??
Reply 14
HEAD BOY

Be careful about giving any weight to this post when the user has only just finished their GCSE's.

I wouldn't advise you to go for an easier subject - remember you need to obtain an offer before you can fulfill its conditions.
Reply 15
http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/BecomingDoctorTable1 Tells you the entry requirements for medical schools :smile:
Reply 16
MEDIA STUDIES!

Only joking! Media Studies looks difficult. Almost as difficult as Physics. Seeing as its recently overtaken Physics, in terms of popularity at ALevel. Isn't that nice? Our country seems to pick the hardest subjects :smile:
Reply 17
LMAO at ICT. ICT is a joke.

I found economics really easy. A2 hasnt really got much new material, its just a continuation from AS. I got an A quite easily.
For medicine, do something like psychology since its sort of relevant.
Reply 18
Vazzyb
MEDIA STUDIES!

Only joking!!! Media Studies looks difficult. Almost as difficult as Physics. Seeing as its recently overtaken Physics, in terms of popularity at ALevel. Isn't that nice? Our country seems to pick the hardest subjects :smile:

I really hope that was a joke. Its an insult to physics to even compare it to the likes of media studies.
Reply 19
"Our country seems to pick the hardest subjects"

lol. I think if you looked, you would notice the sarcastic nature of that post.

Latest