The Student Room Group

Section 6 - dependents

Hi, I'm filling in the PFF2 form to support my daughters application for student finance. Not the easiest form to understand and not the best notes to accompany it either!
I have a 16yr old daughter in addition to my daughter who is going to uni. She will be starting A levels in September and doesn't work/have an income. Do I add her on the dependants list as being financially dependant on me.
Also the question at the bottom of the dependants section "Do you want to support this Student's application for student finance", does this question apply to my daughter who is applying for tuition fee/maintenance loan or the 16yr old?? So confused by this form
Original post by Betty2908
Hi, I'm filling in the PFF2 form to support my daughters application for student finance. Not the easiest form to understand and not the best notes to accompany it either!
I have a 16yr old daughter in addition to my daughter who is going to uni. She will be starting A levels in September and doesn't work/have an income. Do I add her on the dependants list as being financially dependant on me.
Also the question at the bottom of the dependants section "Do you want to support this Student's application for student finance", does this question apply to my daughter who is applying for tuition fee/maintenance loan or the 16yr old?? So confused by this form

Hi, you can add your 16 year old daughter in the dependents in further education section.

Your 16 year old daughter can't receive student finance so you are not able to support her application (as she shouldn't of applied for funding).

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you can add your 16 year old daughter in the dependents in further education section.

Your 16 year old daughter can't receive student finance so you are not able to support her application (as she shouldn't of applied for funding).

Thanks, Isaac

Hi I agree completly with Betty2908 the PFF2 is not the easiest form to understand and not the best notes to accompany it either! How could it be envisage what will be the earning of a dependant not in further education for 2023/24? Also the school or course for dependant in 2023/24? My sons will be applying to A level school but not sure which one or the course what shall I put?
Original post by MLP666
Hi I agree completly with Betty2908 the PFF2 is not the easiest form to understand and not the best notes to accompany it either! How could it be envisage what will be the earning of a dependant not in further education for 2023/24? Also the school or course for dependant in 2023/24? My sons will be applying to A level school but not sure which one or the course what shall I put?

Hi there, For section 6 q1 of the PFF2 form it is asking for dependents who aren't in further education and is looking for any unearned income they receive. The unearned income would be any of the following:
- Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
- Property Lettings or Rent
- Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
- Trusts or Sponsorships
- Pensions
- Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
- Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

For Q2 This question is for students who are dependent upon you and will be in further or higher education (This section asks not to include the student who your are supporting the application for). If you are unsure which school they will be attending for their A levels then you would need t leave this section blank or include the school they would most likely be attending and include an explanation of this in the additional notes section. The course section generally would be for students who will be attending university or college as this would be under 1 specific course they will be attending.

Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, For section 6 q1 of the PFF2 form it is asking for dependents who aren't in further education and is looking for any unearned income they receive. The unearned income would be any of the following:
- Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
- Property Lettings or Rent
- Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
- Trusts or Sponsorships
- Pensions
- Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
- Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

For Q2 This question is for students who are dependent upon you and will be in further or higher education (This section asks not to include the student who your are supporting the application for). If you are unsure which school they will be attending for their A levels then you would need t leave this section blank or include the school they would most likely be attending and include an explanation of this in the additional notes section. The course section generally would be for students who will be attending university or college as this would be under 1 specific course they will be attending.

Thanks, Karen

Thank you very much. I wish this was part of the notes in the form 😀
Original post by MLP666
Thank you very much. I wish this was part of the notes in the form 😀

You're welcome. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending