The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Lauren
Took the words right out of my mouth. My point was (which you obviously didn't understand) that you haven't got your results, and are being arrogant by assuming that you have done well. You are also being presumptuous by thinking that your grades would automatically be better than mine and others here.

I have no way said that i am going to get brilliant results!!!!!!! :eek: and i definitely know that i'm not going to get 10 A* like some people on TSR! I will probably get the lowest set of results here on TSR. And i am now way arrogant!!!! I have never bragged about how clever i am or how good my results are!!! At school, in my year, i won't deny that a lot of the time i would come top in the class but i have never bragged or boatsed my results! Never! I have kept them to myself, i'm not one of those people that would jump out of my seat and say i did better than everyone else unllike some people in my year - i am nothing like that!!!
I do hope to get good results (as i'm sure evrybody would), but i know they would probably be now where near as good as your results Lauren or MarcD or any other people like Gaz031 - i'm hoping for a few A*s, 5 A's and 2 B's. Nothing absolutely mindblowing because i'm not that intelligent to be getting 10A*s!
I am no way near arrogent, and if i have appeared like that, then i'm really sorry! :frown:

HEAD BOY
Reply 81
Gaz031
So you're not actually 'HEAD BOY' then; In fact you were lying by claiming you was :eek:

Well, yes i was, but it's my greatest achievement so far and it means so much to me that i would like to have it as my username! There is nothing wrong in that, is there?

HEAD BOY
Reply 82
HEAD BOY
i'll PM you with my GCSE results and we can see from there!

HEAD BOY
I have never bragged about how clever i am

Hmm.

HEAD BOY
now where near as good as your results Lauren

I've never said what my results are btw.
Reply 83
Lauren
Your other post disappeared...But I agree with this one just as much.

I removed my other post and reposted as I thought I was a little harsh the first time, but you managed to quote me before I removed it I suppose :smile:
Reply 84
HEAD BOY
I am no way near arrogent, and if i have appeared like that, then i'm really sorry! :frown:

HEAD BOY

Well, if you didn't mean to come across as arrogant, than I guess it's ok, though I don't see how you said what you did without expecting it to be perceived as arrogant...And I haven't taken my GCSEs yet (except the first maths modular), so we can't really compare results anyway.. :smile:
Reply 85
Lauren
Hmm.

I've never said what my results are btw.

You're studying at Cambridge, so i'm supposing they must be excellent!
And the only reason why i said that i would PM my results to you is not because i want to brag, but you were implying that i was dumb which i think is very harsh!
Reply 86
MarcD
Well, if you didn't mean to come across as arrogant, than I guess it's ok, though I don't see how you said what you did without expecting it to be perceived as arrogant...And I haven't taken my GCSEs yet (except the first maths modular), so we can't really compare results anyway.. :smile:

I kno, i'm sorry, it's that i was a bit angry with some of the stuff being said about me! So i wasn't really think what i was writing about!
The best of luck on Thursday! It's starting to get to me now!
Reply 87
HEAD BOY
You're studying at Cambridge, so i'm supposing they must be excellent!
And the only reason why i said that i would PM my results to you is not because i want to brag, but you were implying that i was dumb which i think is very harsh!

She wasn't implying that you were dumb, she was just being sarcastic, in response to your sarcasm about her knowing all the requirements. Nobody was suggesting you were dumb. :smile: I think this is all just a big mess of misunderstanding and nothing more :p:
Reply 88
MarcD
She wasn't implying that you were dumb, she was just being sarcastic, in response to your sarcasm about her knowing all the requirements. Nobody was suggesting you were dumb. :smile: I think this is all just a big mess of misunderstanding and nothing more :p:

Yeah! So do i! My deepest apologies to everyone that i offended or seemed to being perceived as arrogant! It's just that i'm one of those people that stands up for these 'mickey mouse' subjects - well, not really stands up, but doesn't think they should be disrespected as everyone is intelligent in their own way and that i think it's wrong to judge a subject before taking it and only say what you think because of what the media say!
Sorry to anyone! :smile:
Reply 89
if your good at chem and bio I would have thought physics would be easiest for you unless you detest the numbers in which case perhaps just take one you are most interested in.
luke88
I Think ALL of you should take A Level General Studies, then look at your result on results day... those with an A in Chemistry, 300/300, will probably find they have a U In General Studies... now which subject is the micky mouse subject?

I doubt we would have U's... :rolleyes: Surely the reason we have U's had we taken the exam is that we don't care and start writing proofs for De Movire's and Binomial Theorems on the paper.... :rolleyes:
HEAD BOY
Yes I AM head boy - well was, since i've left school since it only goes up to GCSE and i will be starting a new school! And i was told by the Headmaster and teachers that i did a fantastic job! They said that a few head boys stand out and i was one of them (i'm not trying to be big headed here but that was what they told me)

And the relevance of your position as a head boy to this thread is?
MarcD
How arrogant to automatically assume you're going to have a brilliant set of results....

exactly. The results aren't even available yet...

and to head boy, so what if you have great GCSE's, I am sure Lauren has good results too?
Reply 93
I don't we would have U's... Surely the reason we have U's had we taken the exam is that we don't care and start writing proofs for De Movire's and Binomial Theorems on the paper....

Haha :smile: ; I was thinking about doing that if I finished the exam early but in the end I still wanted to do my best in any exam I took.
I must admit though my A in GS my closest to the boundary; in fact I was surprised I managed it as I had 235 ums from AS!
HEAD BOY
Well, yes i was, but it's my greatest achievement so far and it means so much to me that i would like to have it as my username! There is nothing wrong in that, is there?

HEAD BOY

HEAD BOY

I am no way near arrogent, and if i have appeared like that, then i'm really sorry!

and you have your username as "HEAD BOY"?
Gaz031
Haha :smile: ; I was thinking about doing that if I finished the exam early but in the end I still wanted to do my best in any exam I took.

That's the spirit :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gaz031

I must admit though my A in GS my closest to the boundary; in fact I was surprised I managed it as I had 235 ums from AS!

Congrats :biggrin:, I think Edexcel (sorry again for dissing edexcel) messed up really, they gave me more marks than I deserve in P6, but took away many many marks from my S2 module.... :frown: :mad:
Gaz031

oh btw, did you learn the proof for Binomial Theorem? It's in the syllabus, but I school didnt teach it, so I just learnt it.... I talked to the head of maths in my school and he says its no point learning it as it won't come up. But I still learnt it anyway, which seems a waste of time now...
jaydoh
Ignore him. He's thick.

Charming.

I was speaking from my own experience of having done 2/3 French AS modules, listening and oral, one for which I revised **** all (getting 88/90 in the process) and the other for which I learnt set passages on 5 sub-topics (getting 83/90). And no I'm not French, nor am I naturally talented at this language. I haven't touched a vocab list for 4 years, and I remember dropping marks in French GCSE and still receiving full marks for 3/4 units. As for homework... I learn one grammar note a week, and I'm never set vocab to learn. My workload for languages is minimal compared to the amount of work I have seen other people doing for such subjects as the Sciences.

I said 'if you have a knack' for languages, they are easy, and not much work - which makes sense, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I'm 15, but I can tell when there are subjects such as Economics, History or the Sciences which have a greater workload than something like languages, even if I don't have as much experience as you clearly do with A-levels.
HEAD BOY
Yeah! So do i! My deepest apologies to everyone that i offended or seemed to being perceived as arrogant! It's just that i'm one of those people that stands up for these 'mickey mouse' subjects - well, not really stands up, but doesn't think they should be disrespected as everyone is intelligent in their own way and that i think it's wrong to judge a subject before taking it and only say what you think because of what the media say!
Sorry to anyone! :smile:

Theatre studies is a joke
Reply 99
darkenergy
oh btw, did you learn the proof for Binomial Theorem? It's in the syllabus, but I school didnt teach it, so I just learnt it.... I talked to the head of maths in my school and he says its no point learning it as it won't come up. But I still learnt it anyway, which seems a waste of time now...

Do you mean the one expansion of (a+b)n(a+b)^{n} for positive integral n? If so; It was set as an exercise in the induction chapter of the heinemann book so I learnt the two steps there and thus could reproduce it, though I didn't memorise it word for word.
I spent around an hour though learning how to derive the step approximations such as (dydx)0y1y0h\left( \frac{dy}{dx} \right)_{0} \approx \frac{y_{1}-y_{0}}{h} and so on but they didn't seem to come up.
I'm sure neither were a total waste of time though - more knowledge is often a good thing :smile:

Latest