The Student Room Group
i did 10, so if you're doing 9 at school doing an extra one shouldn't be too much work. but you can do that course without gcse economics, if you can do economics for A level.
you could ask your school careers person about where to do extra courses, or check local colleges, they often do things like ICT gcse
Reply 2
I don't think you'll be at any advantage just because you've taken extra GCSEs. It's not worth it, after all they could potentially affect your other GCSEs (and that wouldn't look very good would it?). Even at A-level (which are of course more important for University), taking more than 3/4 A2's is not advantageous - even when applying to Oxbridge. If you have a passion for work and believe you can get good grades in them without them affecting your other, more important compulsory GCSEs, then by all means go ahead.
I'd say it's not worth it, to be honest. Universities only expect 9-11 GCSEs as that's what most schools offer, and as mentioned above, if you try to do more, it could affect your grades. 7 A*s and 2 As is much more impressive than 3 A*s, 3 As and 3 Bs, for example.

Latest

Trending

Trending