The Student Room Group
Cool. Thank you. I just downloaded it, I'm about to start playing. I hope it's good :smile:
Reply 2
wow, and I thought slime forest was good! ill give it a shot now and get back to you!
I've been playing this game for a while now. It's really good, although as I haven't played Slime Forest, I can't compare the two.
Reply 4
I dont know what I prefer, for me the game is really slow paced, and when you're walking anywhere or battling cards, they seem to have jerky movements and it takes forever to battle anything! I suppose its okay otherwise, havent had much of a chance to test it out. Anyone know how to sort this out? Can you run it in a window instead of full screen? cheers
Reply 5
the game is faster and more reliable for me than slime forest! guess it depends on your pc. i like the fact it is quite slow paced and only introduces 2 cards at once makes it more managable for me :biggrin: if your interested in finding out what slime forest is like sadako no deshi google it, it is probably better for helping you learn, but less fun as an actual game, or maybe i was just rubbish at SF-WHERE do you sell the pototes?how do you survive in the cave etc etc, im sure jaybones will know what i am on about, What level are you too at, i have just bout mastered katakana to read gonan practise writing them in the next couple of days, onto hiragana for me...
Reply 6
Im at the same level as you Marisad_uk... Ive mastered katakana (on slime forest this is) and moved onto hiragana and got about 20 or so of those done, but it isnt really that fun! tbh its quite easy to survive in the cave if you fight slimes for a long time in the woods and save up money to buy tonnes of herbs. It isnt fun though after a while, and foudn myself just walking up and down the forest near the cave. I cant find where to sell potatoes. Ive sorted the slowness of the game, i had turned the game speed down, and it made it slow, i put it back on full and its fine :smile: Im moving onto writing them in the next couple of days! I need to know them both off by heart before i start Uni in 2 weeks! :frown:
Reply 7
who neg repped me for this? what have i done wrong :s-smilie:
Reply 8
With all this talk of preparatory learning, Sheffield and Japanese studies suddenly seem really close! I'm simultaneously getting more excited and scared :p:.

Just wondering: have either of you guys bought the 'Introductory Manual of Spoken and Written Japanese' that the department recommended for learning the kana? I was curious as to how useful you might be finding it and whether it's worth buying; I already have a reasonable grasp (I hope) on all the basic hiragana and katakana characters from a Japanese course I did last year (they're all I can remember ^^;;, but I'm wondering whether I should get the book anyway. I'm not as familiar with the kana used for more western sounds such as 'fa' or 'di' etc. Does it cover these?

And thanks for the game rec - I'll go and check it out! :biggrin:
Reply 9
dont learn japanese, you ll get suffocated when you reach a higher level. and then you dont want to give it up because you have done sooo much... its simply torturing.
Reply 10
How do you save in this game? I like this game better than Slime Forest because I feel it's alot easier to understand what you have to do. Whereas in Slime Forest i had no idea where to go etc etc what I had to do....But this game immediately teaches you a little japanese
Reply 11
Eh, could anyone possibly send me the zip file (if that's how it comes)? I can't seem to access the site at all--I'm just getting error messages--but I'd really like to play it!
Reply 12
you save in KICL by pressing enter/space(whatever the action button is) at the star on a pole thing thats the checkpoint in sonic games.

RCG pm me your email and i will send you the installer
The link doesnt work.
Reply 14
www.kicl.info works fine for me!

Latest

Trending

Trending