The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah the school have emailed me saying they want me to send them a picture for my ID badge I think. Had a passport pic that I actually didn't mind and I have no idea where it is :frown: don't want a horrible pic on my badge!

Going out tonight :biggrin: can't wait. Cocktails are calling me :love:
New...Romantic
So how does a meet work then? Where do you go, and what about sleeping? London just seems awful scary to me, I haven't been since I was about 11 and wouldn't know my way about. Not to mention how expensive it is to get to from Glasgow, although if it's when I'm in England I suppose it wouldn't be too bad.

When we've done a meet before, it's only been for the day and we just wandered around London and chatted and ate, nothing exciting but still fun :smile:

Look slike repeating my placement is going to be expensive, unless I can find somewhere to stay for cheaper :frown:
It's gorgeous outside, too bad I'm working. I managed to get an hour outside in my bikini, but that's all I can manage. Had we a garden, it would be so much easier...I miss my garden from home :moon:
I'm hoping I can sit outside in a bikini top over the weekend or some days next week. I was planning on using my Dove fake tan stuff before I fly to Ayia Napa but I've been having baths back at home instead of showers like at uni, and it's taking all my tan off! That means as soon as I stay in the swimming pool for a bit it'll take it all off :frown: looks like I'll be flying over pale at the moment, sucks!
It's cold and overcast here in MK. It's horrible! Wish I was sat in my garden in the sunshine that's for sure!
I'll come to London for a meet up, at the moment I'm only a bus ride away and it is a 24 hour service :biggrin:
I love 24hr bus services! All they need to do now is sort out the tube to be the same, the last tubes are what I would call early.
Woot, just spent two hours in my local family planning clinic and I finally have an official appointment to have the implant fitted! I'm so excited!!! lol. They're so funny in there though - they do talk to you like you're below average in IQ points lol.
Ilora-Danon
Woot, just spent two hours in my local family planning clinic and I finally have an official appointment to have the implant fitted! I'm so excited!!! lol. They're so funny in there though - they do talk to you like you're below average in IQ points lol.

I can't believe you still don't have it sorted!
Hey everyone,
Ooh speaking of the implant, I had one fitted a couple of months ago after 3 years of being really rubbish at taking the pill and constantly worrying, it's amazing! I haven't had any bad side effects (although I was on cerazette previously).
It's my uni summer ball tonight, how exciting! It's not a massive thing but me and my housemates are spending the day getting all done up and it's really fun. I've got a gorgeous Lipsy dress to wear too yay.
Sorry, I can't remember who posted something about anniversaries. But for my 1sr I think me and the boy went and spent the day messing around in London, the 2nd we just went out for a meal as we were both working, the 3rd he cooked me a meal and the 4th we're planning on going to a waterpark. I think so long as you spend the day/ or part of it together doing something you both enjoy, then it doesn't really matter what you do!
Reply 910
yay London meet :biggrin: Wish I could come folks! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time :smile:

As for me, I'm just absurdly excited due to there being an international recorded delivery letter waiting for me at the post office and I can't wait to see what it is :biggrin: If it is what I think it is then it will be very good indeed :biggrin:
Reply 911
yay London meet :biggrin: Wish I could come folks! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time :smile:

As for me, I'm just absurdly excited due to there being an international recorded delivery letter waiting for me at the post office and I can't wait to see what it is :biggrin: If it is what I think it is then it will be very good indeed :biggrin:
what do you think it might be, Bianca?
Reply 913
xKTx
what do you think it might be, Bianca?

1) I applied for the BBC Journalism Talent Pool, which if I get into it will enable me to apply for journalistic jobs within the BBC that would normally only be open to internal candidates. It would also mean I get to go to London at the beginning of July for the next round :biggrin:

2) I have been sending novel samples to agents lately so I suppose it *could* also be from one of them.

I just can't think who else would be sending me a recorded delivery letter from England :confused:
that's great, fingers crossed :smile:
happydinosaur
I can't believe you still don't have it sorted!
Yeah my GP gave me a prescription for Cerazette 3 months ago and I love it. Now I know I'm okay on it, (huzzah no more oestrogen!) I decided on a spur of the moment to phone the clinic for an appt. Rushed down there and managed to get a cancellation for this Thursday - otherwise I'd have been on the waiting list for about 3 weeks!

This means I'll be sorted and pill free for Glastonbury!
Fingers crossed for you! As we all know, it didn't exactly work out well for me in the end >.<
Ooh, that's what I'm on. I always have a massive appitite though when I am on it :s-smilie:
Reply 918
I sorta wanna go on the impant (because I am officially the world's worst pill-taker) but, at the same time, I'm worried about my body having an adverse reaction and then being stuck with it... :s-smilie:
It can be taken out =) I had mine taken out...i stuck with it for ages because I'm a stubborn fool. Tbh, I expect it will be worse if my body hates the coil, as that one will be so much worse to put in and take out...

Latest