The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1
Hello, I am a member of UEA pride and I find that it is a really good peer support group and have many different types of people. They hold many different events as well so you can do lots. UEA tends to be very LGBT friendly and the newly elected student union officers will fight for your rights, and you. There is an LGBT officer as well so you can always talk to them.

The gay night life isnt amazing but the main pub is called the Castle which is often busy and lots of fun and that provides a good night out. Others are called the catherine wheel, and Shoosh does an LGBT night. UEA pride will often hold their own events as well such as ice breakers and things like that so you can meet up with them.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey!

This is a bit late on for you but since results won't have come out yet it still may prove helpful for you and anyone else who finds the thread.

I am running the peer support group next year (UEAPride). We are a really welcoming group and run loads of varied events: last year included lunches and lazer-quest alongside our regularly run club night 'Liberate!' . We welcome anyone and have a good lgbt library consisting of dvds and books which anyone can borrrow.

UEA has recently been awarded 10/10 on the Stonewall gay by degree website and you will find LGBT students fairly represented both in union council/on the exec as well as there being an LGBT officer in place specfically.

Night light wise things are picking up: the Castle is the main place, it has a club and bar section so you can choose whether you want pool/quietness or a good old dance in the back. They also run events like bbqs and kareoke nights and drink deals. There is also the Catherine wheel which is a bit far out of town but from what I know very friendly. Also in 2011 a new gay pub will be opening and there are places like coach and horses/workshop etc which are gay-owned or gay friendly if not explictally LGBT

You can find out more about UEaPride by emailing [email protected] or visiting the website http://www.ueapride.co.uk

Hope this helped, good luck with your results :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending