The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Word of warning - I bought tickets for a classical concert and paid an 800% mark up. I was so angry about this I wrote a letter to the Times Money section. It was published along with other complainers - do not touch Viagogo with a barge pole
Have purchased tickets and wanted to get in contact with viagogo, but their help centre doesn't offer help or a contact telephone number. Tried emailing, but their server not responding.Anybody got a telephone number I can use for them.
How do i check to see if my concert tickets are fake
Original post by Alliii
Hey, so my question is that how does viagogo confim that the buyer actually attend the event? In order to pay the seller.

For instance if AA sells to BB.
AA could easily sell the ticket, (eticket) to BB.
Go to the event and use that ticket.
Once the barcode has been scanned doesnt the seller get paid? Regardless of who used the ticket? I mean AA could use the ticket himself and at the same time get paid. :s Leaving BB completely ripped off for a ticket with duplication that he paid for 3 times the amount.

Viagogo Lies about ticket availability & location & Rips you off! So many bad reviews Viagogo closed their Google reviews!! Read Viagogos direct email responses to my complaints pasted below:

I purchased Real Madrid soccer tickets. Viagogo consistently lies about true ticket availability. They overprice their tickets by more than 3-4xs face value. I bought 6 tickets that were shown on the seat map to be in the center of the field together. The seats were not together, behind the goal in the last row and 3rd to last row!! When I complained to the online Viagogo attendant they just said I could resell my tickets myself using their service loosing hundreds of dollars!! I have pasted below my exact emails and Viagogo's actual responses to those emails below:

I spent over $300 per ticket with Viagogo for 6 seats that are now for sale for $100 and my 6 seats are not even together! I want all 6 seats together or my E1811.40 fully refunded. I will be delighted to repurchase 6 seats together which will be much better seats for a much better price! David B. Seibel.

Dear ,
We are contacting you regarding your order 14015605 for Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid on 18 November 2017.

We guarantee that, unless you buy a single ticket, you will never get 1 ticket on its own. For example, if you ordered 5 tickets you may get them as a group of 5 tickets together, or as a group of 2 tickets and a group of 3 tickets, but never will get a group of 4 together and a single ticket elsewhere.

Note that this only applies for tickets purchased as part of the same order. If you have ordered multiple orders, then they are each treated separately.

viagogo is a platform that enables ticket sellers to reach customers. Ticket sellers range from individuals with a spare ticket, to multi-national event organisers.

Sellers provide the seating information and they also determine the price of the ticket. Many different sellers may be offering tickets for the same event, which explains why you may see tickets in the same section of the venue at varying prices.

Kind regards,
Chris

Dear Viagogo, Your response is unacceptable. You never disclosed on your website when I ordered that all my tickets would not be together! It is a necessity as I am traveling with my children. No other on-line ticket re-seller splits up ticket packages and you should not be able to get away with this unethical business practice. You can quote me your hidden internal policy, but if you don't list that policy up front in easy-to-read large print on your website purchase screen, you are misleading the customer the same way you misled me 1 month ago on your website by saying "hurry only a few tickets left", when tickets for this event are not even available or released for sale until 1 week before the game! All the above is nothing less than dishonest business practice. So I ask that my request for 6 tickets together or a full refund to allow me to repurchase 6 tickets together be sent up to a supervisor or manager for approval. Otherwise, I feel it is my obligation to go to Google reviews and every other on-line business rating website to express my dissatisfaction with Viagogo and illuminate your poor business practices for everyone to read including a cut & paste of your written corporate response to me in this email. In case you haven't noticed, Viagogo does have competition and I truly hope you make the only right decision. Sincerely, David B. Seibel

Dear David,
We are contacting you regarding your order 14015605 for Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid on 18 November 2017.

We understand that our answer is not what you expected. But as we previously mentioned, We cannot refund you.

If you cannot use the tickets you purchased and there is still time before the event date, you can re-list them instantly by clicking here: www.viagogo

We will market your tickets on our platform to find a new buyer. We do not charge any fees for relisting tickets that you have originally purchased from us.

Occasionally there may be reasons why the tickets you've purchased cannot be re-listed but it's usually because the event date is too near to allow delivery or upload to your buyer.

Please note that you can re-list your tickets without physically having them in your hands, as we can re-direct them directly from your seller to your buyer.

Best of luck with your listing!

Kind regards,
Chris
--

Dear Chris & Viagogo,
I find it interesting that you have no reasonable response to the multiple serious accusations I posed against Viagogo in my previous email. I guess all those accusations of unethical business practices and false marketing are true since you choose not to defend them. Restating your protective internal policies and putting the burden on me to fix the problem Viagogo created and to resell the ticket package that you deceitfully sold me with seats apart, further shows me your complete disregard for customer service and the truth. Chris you need to quit Viagogo and work for a company that lets you live true to your values of treating people honestly and decently. Look for my searing reviews of Viagogo's lack of business ethics and even worse customer service on every internet website review possible. Your response letters will be highlighted. Obviously, I will never use Viagogo again and I will work to see others do not as well. Sincerely,

David B. Seibel (I'm not afraid to use my last name.)
I bought a ticket through them but it was issued to me in someone else's name!
Reply 45
That would be
I bought tickets for kday on viagogo two days ago hoping it will reach me beforw the 3rd when the festival is. Shoulf i be worried that the tickets are fake or that it wont bw intime?
Hi ... have you established that your tickets are real? As I have also purchased tickets which have been downloaded with someone else’s name on them and the event number is not listed
Really???
My ticket has someone else’s name on it will they still let me in???
Original post by Michaela-Anne
I bought tickets for kday on viagogo two days ago hoping it will reach me beforw the 3rd when the festival is. Shoulf i be worried that the tickets are fake or that it wont bw intime?

Were they real?
My work mate brought 3 tickets for Ed over easter and shes told me there have been a few scams with random people so are they really legit?
Original post by celesterakete
My work mate brought 3 tickets for Ed over easter and shes told me there have been a few scams with random people so are they really legit?

Sorry to say they are real, but after being stupid enough to use them, have discovered they are really just on line ticket touts. In my case I got tickets ok, but highly inflated price. Face value was only £35, ended up forking out £90.
Always check availability with venue or more reputable on line ticket selling agency. Eg Ticketmaster.

They pay Google a fortune to ensure when when you perform a search for an event, their ad is top of the results.
Be careful.
Reply 53
I got scammed in viagogo and my creditcard informations stolen. Daylight robbery describes the company in many ways. I wish I could do something to warn people from buying tickets from this site.
how does name change work with those tickets?because name of buyer will be on them and it says you have to present ID!THANKS
Reply 55
They are secondary re-sellers with lawsuits pending around the globe. They WILL scam you by giving you seats not in the location you thought you'd ordered up. The mark up they apply is eye watering. Legally they're at fault for not showing the actual face value of any tickets or for stating they're second market re-sellers. Google them, check Viagogo out on FaceBook. I've started a Viagogo Must GoGo page amongst many other who've been scammed by them. They need putting out of business. At least with a tout outside the venue you're in with a chance. This bunch are well hidden online
But I saw tickets which costs around 1000€And their real value were around 180€. I wanted go to to the got7 concert and they announced on their site the tickets value. So did it seem alright to you?
I don't see how correct this site is. I wanted to buy a ticket who its value was around 180€, but they sold it with 2000€. It looks alright to you? Cuz for me is doesn't
Have recently bought tickets for tomorrowland from viagogo, before seeing all these stories regarding not getting let in? Has anyone has a good experience with viagogo? Particularly for tomorrowland
Reply 59
I've just bought 2 tickets from Viagogo and I'm not sure if they're real, I'm confused by all the bad / good reviews. On the E-tickets they have a name at the top, is that just because that person sold them to me? If they're fake it would be such a waste of money... how do you know if they're fake? I need help.. should I try get a refund or something else?

Latest