The Student Room Group
Learn to cook. Would probably help you with your inability to cook.
Cooking is AMAZING! How do you not like it?! It's such a good skill to have too :smile: find out some recipes that look simple and just give it a shot!
Reply 3
I enjoy cooking :smile:
Learn to cook and try new/different recipes, it makes it more interesting & fun.
I love cooking, but I didn't until I found some really nice recipe books that had the sort of thing I liked to cook in it ^_^
Nigella Lawson is totally awesome.
Me too ^.^

That's why god created take away
Eurgh.Cooking is like a chore to me :/.
Reply 7
I'd probably enjoy it IF I could cook anything..

I have epic baking skills though :woo: guess I could just live of cake at uni..
Reply 8
Cooking is great and fun until you're having to do it every night. But yeah, you sound like you don't really have the interest in food to learn to cook.

That means you need to eat more, now, if not sooner. Eat your food, other people's food, eat out, watch cooking shows, do that kind of thing until you think 'ok here is a dish i simply must learn to cook'.
Reply 9
I agree I don't like it I have pot noodles instead Lmao
Cooking is fun but I am lazy :frown:
Reply 11
I don't mind cooking, but I HATE the mess and therefore more washing up it creates.
Cooking is far too stressful for me, I worry constantly about setting the kitchen on fire. Panic as soon as I see any smoke or hint of flames.

I'll just stick to microwaving stuff.
my problem is that i only cook when i want to eat, and i only want to eat when i feel hungry. Therefore when im hungry i cant be bothered to cook anything fancy due to the time it takes. So I only cook things that are quick (fry ups, occasionally gammon egg and chips) and live off takeaways and toast the rest of the time
Reply 14
urgh, i hate cooking as well. i actually find it so boring.

the only way i can get cooking (and therefore have a few good meals that i know i can pull of if i had to) is if i get people to cook with me. all my housemates are equally as lazy as me but at least once a week (more realistically once a fortnight but still) we'll all get together and cook a huge meal together. its not such a chore at all when you're with your friends and it will improve your cooking skills loads.
Pfft, I'm a teenage guy and I bloody love cooking.
If you can't be arsed buying a book or something just youtube something you really like when it's made by other people/shop bought. I guarantee you will find something easy enough to do well and enjoy the satisfaction of making it yourself, which is most likely cheaper and more fulfilling than buying it.

Nothing better than cooking whatever you want, as well or badly as you can, licking the spoon...*dreams*

Yeah, I'm cool, get over it.

p.s if you've got a sister or a grandma, get her to teach you to bake cakes which you can do yourself in secret. You will not regret it.
Reply 16
Surprised no one said anything similar to this:

If you're a guy: Get a girl to cook for you

If you're a girl: learn to cook NOW!

Joking joking, cooking is fun when you know how :smile:
I can cook , but it's boring. So boring I forget to time when to put things in , and end up cooking up one thing and something else still needs another 30 mins :/
Learn to cook better things. Put the effort in and it's worth it!

Or get a friend to help out, to make it less boring :smile:

I like cooking, though it's a bit too much of a hassle sometimes. Absolutely love baking though!
Try Fresher Bites on YouTube. Lots of easy recipes. They have a recipe book that you can download to your phone, too.

Latest