The Student Room Group

Boyfriend never wants to go out for dinner?

Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go out for dinner every week or even once a month but I suggested we go out for dinner and the first thing he complains about is money! Bur we’ve moved back into my parents paying minimal rent, I’ve never suggested he should pay all of it… it just seems like an excuse and I’m a social person I like to get out and about but we haven’t been out for dinner since last Valentine’s Day ( which was my suggestion)
Original post by Anonymous
Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go out for dinner every week or even once a month but I suggested we go out for dinner and the first thing he complains about is money! Bur we’ve moved back into my parents paying minimal rent, I’ve never suggested he should pay all of it… it just seems like an excuse and I’m a social person I like to get out and about but we haven’t been out for dinner since last Valentine’s Day ( which was my suggestion)

Ditch him
Original post by Anonymous

Have you tried making light of it,, ("I'm sure we can afford one meal out every 6 months")? If you don't think that will go down well, ask him if there's another reason he doesn't fancy it. Lots of people hate eating out or have anxieties about it.
Reply 3
He always says he likes my cooking which is nice to hear I like cooking but I tell him it’s nice to have a break from it…. And also he has no problem with standing money on takeaway so I’m not not sure about the eating out thing. He’s a very confident person, I doubt it’s anxiety or Covid anxiety… maybe he’s just really trying to save for something (I hope)
If he's blowing money on takeaways then maybe he thinks going out is a faff. Just book something as a nice treat and see how he reacts. (You'll have to cover the cost though!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending