The Student Room Group
Don't worry. About 15 of us took AS sociology and only 2 people had done it at GCSE. I didn't, but I did better than the 2 people who did it for GCSE, so I don't think it really mattters. You'll be taught everything you need to know, and it's probably better because we did the same topics at AS as my friend did for GCSE and I get the impression she found some of it a bit boring!
To be honest I think most people wont have done it at GCSE level, I don't think that there are that many schools that offer it. Don't worry you'll easily pick it up. A lot of it is common sense anyway and it's a really good subject. As long as you have relatively good essay writing skills then you should be fine. Good luck :smile:
kellywood_5
Don't worry. About 15 of us took AS sociology and only 2 people had done it at GCSE. I didn't, but I did better than the 2 people who did it for GCSE, so I don't think it really mattters. You'll be taught everything you need to know, and it's probably better because we did the same topics at AS as my friend did for GCSE and I get the impression she found some of it a bit boring!

ah thanks kelly :smile: I've started learning about the family and things like that..its something that I've never came across before and theres about 10 people in my class whos done sociology at GCSE and I really haven't a clue about any of it whilst they are saying answers that make common sense to me after the say it - hopefully I can pick it up soon :smile: xoxo
I didn't do it for GCSE, fave subject, got an A.

Kellywoods being modest, she got 300/300! So it's fine.
tis_me_lord
I didn't do it for GCSE, fave subject, got an A.

Kellywoods being modest, she got 300/300! So it's fine.

ah ok cool ^_^ oh and congrats kelly :smile: xoxo
Reply 6
I did it in my gap year. Taught myself and got an A at AS and a B at a level. Can't be that hard. I did AQA. I didn't do it at GCSE.
Very, very few people will have done it for GCSE because most schools simply don't offer at that level. There's NOTHING to worry about!
Reply 8
lol its not difficult. some people in my class did it at GCSE but a lot of people in class did it for the first time at AS. I had no idea how the exams are, the type of questions, etc. But everything is logical and easy to pick up, i got an A which is nothing to shoot your mouth about as Sociology isn't a difficult of subjects.
Go for it!!!! I didn't me and my friend did it last year, without having done it at GCSE ... I came out with a B and she got an A! Sociology is basically essay writing, remembering a few names and writing your opinon :rolleyes:

Latest