Anyone at Birmingham doing English? Failing that, anyone at Birmingham? Watch

This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Please can some kind soul tell me all about Birmingham uni, the course (if you doing English) the nightlife, the accomodation, the transport, the people, anything you can think of really! Any good bits, bad bits, anything!!

Will give out rep *dangles carrot*
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
No one will help me? :confused:
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Biggest students' union (apparently) and we don't call it that. It's the Guild .

Nightlife is good apparently. Broad Street is the place where there's quite a few clubs. The Works' student night on Wednesday is meant to be huge.. 2500 students or something like that. Risa is another bar/club place on Broad Street, student night on a Monday.. £3 to get in with a ticket. Went to that once, was alright IMO. The Guild have their own nights too (can't remember what they are though).

Transport is pretty good, though I find that it takes longer for buses to come than at home. I'm from London, so..

I think [email protected] is doing English.

Oh and if you like shopping, there's the Bullring, Pallasades and Pavillion shopping places close to New Street station. That's only a short bus journey from uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads