The Student Room Group

Age difference

Anon please.

Just met a guy I like properly. We hit it off, I find him attractive and I think he likes me back.

However, is it wierd to be with a lad who is two years younger, nearly three. I'm 20 (nearly 21) and he is 18.

Who would find this odd, and who finds this acceptable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I liked 20-year-old girls when I was 18.
Reply 2
Half plus 7.

Perfectly acceptable.
Reply 3
who cares about what other people think? Are you happy with the gap?
2 years is absolutely fine! Personally, anything up to 4/5 years wouldn't be weird (he would have to be older though). But being an older woman (sorry if i'm assuming things) is fine, it's your choice! :smile:
As long as YOU are happy (Y)
Reply 5
Anonymous
Anon please.

Just met a guy I like properly. We hit it off, I find him attractive and I think he likes me back.

However, is it wierd to be with a lad who is two years younger, nearly three. I'm 20 (nearly 21) and he is 18.

Who would find this odd, and who finds this acceptable?

no darling, the question is: what do YOU think? do YOU find it odd??
My boyfriend's 21, I'm 24, we've been blissfully in love for 10 months.
It's a tiny difference, if it's not a problem for you, then go for it.
That's a fine age difference.
Reply 9
You call that an age gap? :lolwut:

My parents have 15 years between them and I don't see a problem with it :p:

Forget about what anyone else thinks - as long as you're happy, go for it :smile:
Reply 10
Thats nothing, as long as you're happy with it thats all that matters.
even thought 2 years gap isnt a problem i could never go out with somebody younger then me becuase im female.. when i was 17 i went out with a 26 year old man which was fine but when the female is older it would just feel wrong in my eyes/... but as others said its about how you feel about it :smile:
Reply 12
I wouldn't find it a problem, but I do not know any of my girl friends being older than their boyfriends.
Reply 13
I'm 18 and the person I love is 22. So yeah, that's fine :P:
Reply 14
Well i've heard girls mature faster than guys and so personally i've always seen guys my age as immature and so i go for older guys & wouldn't dream of seeing a younger guy.

If it works for u it's all good though.

Edit..it can be seen as hypocritical coz i think it's okay for guys to date younger but i think girls dating younger is awkward lol
it's fine ,its only 2 years! =]
Reue
Half plus 7.

Perfectly acceptable.

It doesn't usually apply the other way around...:wink2:

Also...

"However, is it wierd to be with a lad who is two years younger, nearly three. I'm 20 (nearly 21) and he is 18." - Anonomyous

GO ON, MY SON! :top:
i am 23 now and i like somebody who is turning 18 in a month....
take THAT!!!

does anyone find me weird :frown:
its just that he looks older than me though...
btw i am female! so its the guy who is over 5 years younger
Lilyful
I'm 18 and the person I love is 22. So yeah, that's fine :P:

Would this be fine if you were 22 and he was 18? Assuming its a he. What I mean is, is it ok for 22 year old girls to be with 18 year old boys?

Also OP I met my ex when I was just 19 and he was just 17 and we didn't start going out until he turned 18, thank God cos all my friends said it would be weird if I was with a 17 year old at the time (even though he looked about 5 years older than me!)

18 and 20 is fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending