The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sarahbee
hey there, i'm coming from manchester as well.
what are you studying?

psychology. you??
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Im comming from manchester too, so not a bad distance realy
Smiley_Me
Hehe I beat you both. Will take me 20 minutes. :biggrin:

Wakefield to Lancaster is about 1hr 30mins - far enough for the distance but close enough to send washing home in extreme emergencies!
Reply 43
Is it me or am i the only one who is dreaming about uni? i had this dream last night where i was put in a dorm with 4 other people, one of them was a weirdo the other was a very quiet (never said a word) person n the last was like a gang member!

I dreamt that i was very un happy with where i was staying and i cudnt find anyone to sort it out for me :confused: for some weird reason my primary school head teacher was in it :confused:

ok now i have scared every1 off thinking im a weirdo...go Lewis! :rolleyes:

im also feeling like this week is taking so long and its not sunk in yet!

is this all just me?

<<Lew>>
Reply 44
longview13082
Is it me or am i the only one who is dreaming about uni? i had this dream last night where i was put in a dorm with 4 other people, one of them was a weirdo the other was a very quiet (never said a word) person n the last was like a gang member!

I dreamt that i was very un happy with where i was staying and i cudnt find anyone to sort it out for me :confused: for some weird reason my primary school head teacher was in it :confused:

ok now i have scared every1 off thinking im a weirdo...go Lewis! :rolleyes:

im also feeling like this week is taking so long and its not sunk in yet!

is this all just me?

no its not just you......ive only had 1 dream about uni(well that i can remember) and that was about me being really homesick.

this week is dragging and because all my friends have already gone to uni im all alone. :frown:
Reply 45
danjc
Wakefield to Lancaster is about 1hr 30mins - far enough for the distance but close enough to send washing home in extreme emergencies!

I'm back every other weekend....

....with the washing. :p:

But I will probably end up doing it myself, which will be a scary experience. :eek:

Oh btw do any of you have like a clothes horse/airer to hang your clothes on once you've washed them?

I was thinking of getting one, but then thought of space.
Reply 46
tana
no its not just you......ive only had 1 dream about uni(well that i can remember) and that was about me being really homesick.

this week is dragging and because all my friends have already gone to uni im all alone. :frown:

I'm scared everyone on my floor will hate me.
Reply 47
Smiley_Me

Everytime i think about room mates my stomach sinks...............please let them like me!!!!
Smiley_Me:

Oh, me too! I had this really obscure dream where I knew I was at uni but other than that all I knew was that I was upset, was horrible! I just want to get there now and meet the people in my flat so I can stop worrying about whether we'll all get on or not.
Reply 49
tana
Everytime i think about room mates my stomach sinks...............please let them like me!!!!

I hope they all like me too.

Retardchar
Oh, me too! I had this really obscure dream where I knew I was at uni but other than that all I knew was that I was upset, was horrible! I just want to get there now and meet the people in my flat so I can stop worrying about whether we'll all get on or not.

I'm just bored. I should be packing, but I just can't be bothered.
Smiley_Me
I'm back every other weekend....

....with the washing. :p:

But I will probably end up doing it myself, which will be a scary experience. :eek:

Oh btw do any of you have like a clothes horse/airer to hang your clothes on once you've washed them?

I was thinking of getting one, but then thought of space.

I've bought one of those radiator ones - so hope I have a radiator! You can get them really cheap from ASDA
Smiley_Me

No one will hate you!

You'll quickly find out who you like and who you don't. Chances are there will be a few people who you don't take to but you just get on with them as best you can. :smile:

It's not unusual to be nervous. I guess cos I've done it before I don't feel so bad but I bet that when I get in the car on Saturday morning and drive over to Lancaster - on my own! - i'll feel a bit nervous and sick!
Reply 52
danjc
I've bought one of those radiator ones - so hope I have a radiator! You can get them really cheap from ASDA

I think I saw some cheap ones in Tesco actually.
Reply 53
danjc
No one will hate you!

You'll quickly find out who you like and who you don't. Chances are there will be a few people who you don't take to but you just get on with them as best you can. :smile:

It's not unusual to be nervous. I guess cos I've done it before I don't feel so bad but I bet that when I get in the car on Saturday morning and drive over to Lancaster - on my own! - i'll feel a bit nervous and sick!

I hope it all goes okay. Good luck to you. :smile:
Smiley_Me
I hope it all goes okay. Good luck to you. :smile:

And you :smile:

I'd head for Tesco's for the cheap radiator airer things - they're a godsend (providing you have a radiator of course...)
Reply 55
danjc
And you :smile:

I'd head for Tesco's for the cheap radiator airer things - they're a godsend (providing you have a radiator of course...)

I do have a radiator. Had a look at the floor plans on the Lancaster website.

I'm getting quite excited now actually. I think it's the wait that makes it worse.
Smiley_Me
I do have a radiator. Had a look at the floor plans on the Lancaster website.

I'm getting quite excited now actually. I think it's the wait that makes it worse.

It does. I'm off on a final night out tonight with friends and then for a meal on Friday night. After that it's time to go - can't believe it's only 2 days away!
Reply 57
danjc
It does. I'm off on a final night out tonight with friends and then for a meal on Friday night. After that it's time to go - can't believe it's only 2 days away!

My friends and I are going out for a meal tonight, but one of them is coming to Lancaster with me too. Then my mum is taking tomorrow off work to get last minute things sorted.

It all feels so real!
Smiley_Me
My friends and I are going out for a meal tonight, but one of them is coming to Lancaster with me too. Then my mum is taking tomorrow off work to get last minute things sorted.

It all feels so real!

It IS real! Well, it will be in a few days.

My LEA - Kirklees - have MESSED up my loan application and only just got the right forms to be so there's no hope in hell of me being able to produce the payment schedule to Uni when I register on Sunday.

Any idea of what I should do? The LEA say any letter from them will do in the short term and the Uni can call them directly to get an update. But they can't call them on a Sunday and that's when I register! Grrr...
Reply 59
Im soo bored of waiting now!!!!!!! I know i should do something productive like packing but then what do i do tomorrow?????

Latest

Trending

Trending