What with all these threads appearing, I figured we needed an Oxford one. :woo:

Scroll to see replies

yea im goin for St Peter's College :smile:
Reply 2
Singh993
yea im goin for St Peter's College :smile:

:woo:
Best of luck!
I don't think I'm going to apply to a particular college as I'm not too fussed. :p:
Carpet21
:woo:
Best of luck!
I don't think I'm going to apply to a particular college as I'm not too fussed. :p:

yea good luck to you to!

i was going for an open application but my college recommended not to, so i picked one of the smaller, more modern colleges who ent so "public-schoolboy" orientated lol :o:
Reply 4
Singh993
yea good luck to you to!

i was going for an open application but my college recommended not to, so i picked one of the smaller, more modern colleges who ent so "public-schoolboy" orientated lol :o:

My thoughts exactly :smile:
I'm confused as to what college to apply to, but teetering towards St. Anne's and Lady Margaret Hall... :yep:
Nucleolus
My thoughts exactly :smile:
I'm confused as to what college to apply to, but teetering towards St. Anne's and Lady Margaret Hall... :yep:

nice best of luck

and big respect for the best sig i've seen around here in a while :biggrin:
I can't decide on a college,
thinking about corpus christi or Christ Church :smile:
Have you all strted bmat practice?
Reply 8
bmatconfused
Have you all strted bmat practice?

Noope...it's in November, so I was going to start late September, should give me enough time to revise GCSE Physics and whatnot.
Reply 9
@Everyone, who is taking Maths to A2? And who is taking a contrasting subject (ie. French, History etc.) to A2 instead? Looking at the statistics, 83% of candidates with Maths to A2 got an offer, and I really wanted to do English Literature...
Nucleolus
@Everyone, who is taking Maths to A2? And who is taking a contrasting subject (ie. French, History etc.) to A2 instead? Looking at the statistics, 83% of candidates with Maths to A2 got an offer, and I really wanted to do English Literature...

Have you bought the Kaplan BMAt book?
And what made you decide to apply to oxford?
Reply 11
I be joining this thread.

Colleges: Christ Church is Amazing, but i've heard by very posh. I think i'll go for Keble, because its closest to the department :teeth:

Plus i do like a bit of rowing, which may help my case :cool:
bmatconfused
Have you bought the Kaplan BMAt book?
And what made you decide to apply to oxford?

I've just ordered it actually, but I won't be touching it till late September/early October :smile:

Well it was a toss up between Oxford and Cambridge, visited both, but Oxford had that edge for me. Also, I want to carry English Lit on to A2, and Oxford are much more lenient towards that. Why Oxford for you?
Hello.

:smile:
I MIGHT be applying to Oxford. Are some colleges more obsessed with GCSEs than others? I could be OK on the BMAT but I'm v borderline for Oxford for GCSEs.

Does anyone know, how do they score your GCSEs? Do they score as a percentage of how many you happen to have or score a percentage of your best 8, or something else?
Reply 15
ImWithTheBand
I MIGHT be applying to Oxford. Are some colleges more obsessed with GCSEs than others? I could be OK on the BMAT but I'm v borderline for Oxford for GCSEs.

Does anyone know, how do they score your GCSEs? Do they score as a percentage of how many you happen to have or score a percentage of your best 8, or something else?

They look at you A* percentage of your GCSE's and combine that with your BMAT score to see if they give you an interview. The figures are usually 1/3 who apply get an interview.
What if you don't have GCSEs? How do they work out the "A*" percentage then?

Does it mean I need to get really good scores on the BMAT?
Reply 17
spacepirate-James
What if you don't have GCSEs? How do they work out the "A*" percentage then?

Does it mean I need to get really good scores on the BMAT?

:dontknow:

I have no idea sorry. All i know is thats the GCSE proceedure. I'm sure that have one than one set of criteria to compensate for each qualification.
ImWithTheBand

Look here: http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/courses/preclin/statistics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending