The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Bojangles

Don't be fooled into thinking this man has the power to punish you, he was cannon fodder last year. :wink:

shoe-boy :frown:
Original post by Mr Bojangles
Brilliant! :biggrin: See you then!

Don't be fooled into thinking this man has the power to punish you, he was cannon fodder last year. :wink:

Wait, who are you?
Original post by Medicine Man
Oh, and apparently the incoming freshers here at Barts consists of 87% grads on the standard 5 year course! :eek3: Apparently that's because the grads wanted to miss the increased fees from 2012 entry. Now, that's not a turn in the right direction IMO. I would not like to be a school leaver with that many grads in my year. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the grads on our course and tbh, most of my friends here are grads, but it's also nice to start your degree with a vast majority of people who this is also new to, not people who've done it all before. And i thought 60% grads on the 5 year course in the year below me was tough on school leavers! Hmmm. We have like 40% in our year iirc. Soon, the 5 year course will eventually become a prolonged Grad Entry Programme...

Also, sorry for the triple post. It's well dodgy multi quoting on my phone. :s

Sorry, I just saw this on the current med students thread. Is that statistic right? 87% of our year are grads :shock: it is just that seems a hell of a lot. I'm all for grads being on the 5 year course but 87% seems absolutely rediculous to be honest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by a moist feeling
Sorry, I just saw this on the current med students thread. Is that statistic right? 87% of our year are grads :shock: it is just that seems a hell of a lot. I'm all for grads being on the 5 year course but 87% seems absolutely rediculous to be honest.

Just the figure I have heard being thrown around. Could be very wrong....
Original post by Medicine Man
Just the figure I have heard being thrown around. Could be very wrong....

I do hope so, I really don't want to be 1 of let's say 30 odd people coming from school :sigh:
FWIW to those people moaning about 87% graduates, when I spoke to admissions about the new policy they mentioned that at interview roughly 1/8th were graduates.

Whether this means they prefer graduates I don't know. What I do know is that we must have done well to get on the course and I think that's worth thinking about.

That and us undergrads are going to feel a hell of a lot richer than those with a degree already.

In 8 days let the boozing commence! :awesome:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
FWIW to those people moaning about 87% graduates, when I spoke to admissions about the new policy they mentioned that at interview roughly 1/8th were graduates.

Whether this means they prefer graduates I don't know. What I do know is that we must have done well to get on the course and I think that's worth thinking about.

That and us undergrads are going to feel a hell of a lot richer than those with a degree already.

In 8 days let the boozing commence! :awesome:

Yeh which means 7/8ths weren't graduates. So clearly undergrads suck at interviewing :rofl:

Not long now, never thought this gap year would end :tongue:
I do hope so, I really don't want to be 1 of let's say 30 odd people coming from school :sigh:

There were only 10% straight from school last year. 60% were Grads and the rest had done gap years or multiple gap years!
Yeh which means 7/8ths weren't graduates. So clearly undergrads suck at interviewing :rofl:

Not long now, never thought this gap year would end :tongue:

Yeah pretty much.... that and we are clearly awesome at interviews :mmm:

Still in denial tbh.. forget that in a week we move in and become proper freshers.....
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Yeah pretty much.... that and we are clearly awesome at interviews :mmm:

Still in denial tbh.. forget that in a week we move in and become proper freshers.....

Clearly :proud:

I know I'm still yet to start anything, I have clothes and that's it :tongue: next week is going to be hell :sigh:
Reply 5470
im the netx person on the waiting list for halls! but they said i definetly will not get halls before the moving in date of this saturday..but surely someone in Queen mary is boudn to drop out in oct/nov..i know the 2012 fees are rising and so less people will drop out this year
but hopefully people do!
so if you meet anyone and they are considering dropping out but not sure, then you know what to do....:colone:
Reply 5471
:smile: i got given halls yay!
Mummies and Daddies on Saturday. Fafthelibrarian and I will be helping people move into Dawson! Exciting!
Original post by Road-Runner
Mummies and Daddies on Saturday. Fafthelibrarian and I will be helping people move into Dawson! Exciting!

I will be there :gah:
Original post by Road-Runner

We are indeed...look out for us :biggrin: (even though you don't know what we look like...)
Not fair. I want a team to help me move into my flat. At the very least I think I need an armed security detail given the circumstances.
Reply 5476
i was just wondering do u actually have to tell the residency manager if ur gonna have someone in ur room over night?
Original post by dan1993
i was just wondering do u actually have to tell the residency manager if ur gonna have someone in ur room over night?

No...
hey there, i'm new to the UK and will be moving into Dawson in a few short days! I was wondering which bank you would recommend signing up with??
also which mobile phone network? i've heard orange does deals but that the coverage isn't too great..

also if someone could give me an idea of what a typical barts week is like? how many hours etc? thank you in advance!
Not long now :woo:

We get to meet RB and Faf on saturday? :gah:

Cannot wait :crazy:
(about moving in.. not seeing you too :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending