The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Use the TSR PS Helper instead, it helped me loads. I didnt realised how much crap I had in mine until it was pointed out. The help was fantastic.

Its much more refined now :smile:
he emailed me and asked me about my ums scores and said he was at Downing, Cambridge
what do you think he's up to?
hunter'sdaughter
:frown:
I thought I was going to buy a Kaplan BMAT book of a seller that contacted me on TSR.
Now I find that his account is Permanently banned and not by request so I'm more and more wary of him.
He said he's look over my personal statement and I stupidly sent it thinking, well he got into Trinity College, Cambridge, he must be legit! :frown:
He said "The first paragraph is superb, changes have been made to the rest and didn't send me back the corrected version."
Now, I realised how dodgy he was being, i'm not buying anything off him.
But I think he has given my PS to his cousin that he kept mentioning, that is also applying for Medicine this year.
How will this affect my application?
My personal statement is obviously personal to me, so there is lots that he can't use, but he can copy my writing style and the words I used which and considering the security UCAS has with PS fraud, will I be penalised?
Will this affect my medical application?

Has anyone been contacted by the seller dan987m

look at it this way, you didn't give a picture of your 4-year-old cousin to a paedophile...... so I wouldn't exactly worry, it's not as if he can claim to have done the thing you've done anyway because s/he'll fall flat on his face wherever he's interviewed.
Reply 23
hunter'sdaughter
I didn't really have an academic section.
Do you mean like I did X Y and Z at A-level which taught me A B and C?

The part where you say why you want to do your particular course.
tw68
The part where you say why you want to do your particular course.

Oh right. Great.
At least I've got time on my side to re-draft everything. :smile:
Reply 25
hunter'sdaughter

Has anyone been contacted by the seller dan987m

He's contacted me :eek: scammmmmer!
eek. .I guess i'll not be replying to him! Redo it to be safe! I'm sure you cancome up with something that's probably even better than your first draft!
hey_its_nay
he emailed me and asked me about my ums scores and said he was at Downing, Cambridge
what do you think he's up to?

Wow. I'm an idiot, I should have asked around before I did anything!!
:stomp:
I'd call UCAS sooner rather than later and explain the whole thing. I'd still completely redo your statement but just incase the odd sentence pops up again in it.
I think you should totally redo your personal statement.

My mate got penalised this year because UCAS said 10 lines was almost identical to someone else's, though she swears she didn't copy :s-smilie: .........the uni's are notified, so to be on the safe side, redo your PS :yep:
Reply 29
you have to re-write it all,
it sounds horrible, what you might want to do is send him an e-mail and say
"i've posted some of it on the internet; ucas search will then pickup anyone that tries to use it and so your cousin will get done for plagiarism
enjoy reading it"
Revolution is my Name
I wish there was a combination of :rofl: and :facepalm2: for moments like these.

This sums up my expression perfectly:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vb3ec7.jpg
Reply 31
sorry to barge into this thread but I need some advice regarding my ps. I am also hoping to study medicine and I'm not expecting a huge amount of help from my school regarding my ps. Just wanted to hear your views on the ps service of tsr. Is it reliable? Is anyone over here, hoping to study medicine, going to use it?

Thannks in advance
Sub Zero
you have to re-write it all,
it sounds horrible, what you might want to do is send him an e-mail and say
"i've posted some of it on the internet; ucas search will then pickup anyone that tries to use it and so your cousin will get done for plagiarism
enjoy reading it"

I did, and he said he'd post it on-line too.
I said feel free because I can justify everything I wrote but he can't.
I'm going to call up UCAS now and explain my situation to see what they make of it.
hunter'sdaughter
I know.
Should I just re-do my whole PS?
It was only the first draft, but still...what should I do now?

Well I don't really see you having any other choice unfortunately, try getting in touch with UCAS and see what they say but its unlikely to be good news.

Still if its only the first draft its not so bad
Reply 34
Everyone is strongly advised not to PM or e-mail their personal statement to anyone and to use the PS Help service run by this website instead. If anyone else finds themselves in this situation, the best advice is to contact UCAS and work on redoing your personal statement to reduce the risk of running into problems with plagiarism.

Latest

Trending

Trending