The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

any good tattooists in exeter?

well I've been waiting for ages to get my next tattoo done as I've been broke and will have the money for it ccome the end of october so does anyone know of any good tattooists in exeter?
Reply 1
Apparently there's a studio called INK that's pretty good. I can't find a website for it, but there's some reviews here.

Obviously the best thing to do is to go check out their portfolio when you're actually in Exeter.

I'm hoping they're good, cause I really want to get my next one. But if there's nowhere decent, I'm just gonna have to wait til I go back home at Christmas.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
One of my friends said that INK is supposed to be good.
Reply 3
Renni131
Apparently there's a studio called INK that's pretty good. I can't find a website for it, but there's some reviews here.

Obviously the best thing to do is to go check out their portfolio when you're actually in Exeter.

I'm hoping they're good, cause I really want to get my next one. But if there's nowhere decent, I'm just gonna have to wait til I go back home at Christmas.

yea I'd always check someones portfolio before i have any work done by them plus have a chat to them first. was just hoping to weene any ones that are known to be **** out before i start
Try blue banana, I've been in there with a friend to get a piercing, and they've got a tattoo room with loads of work samples on the walls, looks pretty good. Worth a look.
Reply 5
sam8472
yea I'd always check someones portfolio before i have any work done by them plus have a chat to them first. was just hoping to weene any ones that are known to be **** out before i start

I would say give Paul and Lyn's a miss. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but the line work in this design is poor enough to put me off even visiting them! Studio itself doesn't exactly promote confidence either...
Reply 6
I wouldn't touch Paul and Lyn's with a ten-foot pole, and I have heard bad things about Blue Banana in the past.

I haven't been in Ink, but it does look interesting and I may wander in there sometime soon and take a look. I've tended to go to Hidden Jewel on Fore Street, and they've always done a good job.
sam8472
well I've been waiting for ages to get my next tattoo done as I've been broke and will have the money for it ccome the end of october so does anyone know of any good tattooists in exeter?

Been with two of my friends to the one down mount pleasant road. It's ok but my friend claims one of her tattoos is wonky. I don't see it but thought i'd put it out there :smile:
Reply 8
I would go to blue banana yes it's had bad press in the past but the bloke in there now is fantastic his name is Chris and he's fab I have a few cover ups and some work done by him and I wouldn't go anywhere else in Exeter now and I have tried most of them but thank god for Chris he has managed to sort out the mess the other places in Exeter have done
Chris is awful, he was extremely rude to me and my friend. It's put me off blue banana entirely now
Original post by Tonkins
I would go to blue banana yes it's had bad press in the past but the bloke in there now is fantastic his name is Chris and he's fab I have a few cover ups and some work done by him and I wouldn't go anywhere else in Exeter now and I have tried most of them but thank god for Chris he has managed to sort out the mess the other places in Exeter have done

I disagree, Chris was extremely rude to me and my friend
Reply 11
Never ever go to Blue Bannana for a tattoo, (i did and its not very good quality at all, the lines far to deep, and the colour is not completely filled in) its like going clares accessories for a septum piecing. They both have their places on the high street, but a tattoo is not a high street fashion item. INK, artium, covered are al good. I go to Plymouth for mine every time to Attica Tattoo studio, and see a guy called Steve, cant remember his surname off hand (typical) but he's great and on facebook. Atica studio are also on facebok and have a website. Best advice is look through their portfolio, if its old and tatty they are not doing anything new which is of note, and get them to sketch an idea of what they would do. This should be free, if it isnt then they are not an atists parlour, just money making gimmick. good luck on your hunt.
Reply 12
Original post by Tonkins

I would only go to BB if it is a simple and probably quite popular design. Never ever for bespoke artwork. I have been to them before cant fault the customer service, but my tattoo (which on reflection is a very simple design) is poor! Linewrk too deep, colour incomplete with bits of my skin still showing. Ths was done 4 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending