The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to Lapland in March to play in the snow and to see the northern lights (with a bit of luck and the right weather)
Reply 2
Pencil Queen
I'm going to Lapland in March to play in the snow and to see the northern lights (with a bit of luck and the right weather)

in sweden?
Reply 3
Pencil Queen

Is there such a thing as 'the right weather' when reffering to Lapland!!
Reply 4
Pencil Queen

i would love to see the northern lights. i would highly recommend italy- i just love it to bits. lake garda is really pretty and tuscany is so unspoilt in parts. there's great food, great weather and it's a lovely place.

lou xxx
Reply 5
eddiedaboss
With tooo many Brits heading to 'same old same old' Spain and to med. islands, I would like to hear what your idea of a great holiday destination would be and why?

i skii resort is always fun! you can spend teh days in the slope and the evenings in the bar, after skii.
_EMMA_
in sweden?

Not sure - we're staying in Luousto but TBH I've not really researched the area that well (apart from snow/huskies/skiiing/snowmobiles/fondue :wink: )
Reply 7
Australia and New Zealand are stunning countries, plus they all speak our language so theres no real culture barrier.

The Far East (thailand) must be an amazing destination. Think 'The Beach'!
Reply 8
i want to go to Iceland one day. i hear they've built one on the high street :biggrin:

israel and russia sound interesting too.
Reply 9
eddiedaboss

The Far East (thailand) must be an amazing destination. Think 'The Beach'!

i know someone who's been on that beach

I forgot about the far east. Add that to the places I wanna go to.

And Dubai
Norway, Alaska and Canada in the Northern Hemisphere.

New Zealand, Australia and Peru in the Southern Hemisphere.
Reply 11
Joey_Johns
Norway, Alaska and Canada in the Northern Hemisphere.

New Zealand, Australia and Peru in the Southern Hemisphere.

Norway and Canada appeal to me

Alaska..it would be an interesting place to visit considering its ex- soviet links and extreme climate and location.
Reply 12
I dunno, I really want to meet culturally different places, so maybe India? Sychelles is nice. <-- Best place ever.
Reply 13
Dickie
i know someone who's been on that beach

I forgot about the far east. Add that to the places I wanna go to.

And Dubai

I've been to Dubai four times. It's great! Nice beachs, good (and cheap) shopping, nice food, HOT weather...
Reply 14
2 2776
I dunno, I really want to meet culturally different places, so maybe India? Sychelles is nice. <-- Best place ever.

Seychellses seems a stunning set of islands...but maybe a bit limited in 'things to do'
Reply 15
eddiedaboss
Seychellses seems a stunning set of islands...but maybe a bit limited in 'things to do'

Thats why you have to experience it for a while. Totally laid back culture. I got fed up in a week, but compared to other places, it is not so tourist ruined as much.
Reply 16
~Sam~
I've been to Dubai four times. It's great! Nice beachs, good (and cheap) shopping, nice food, HOT weather...

ive been to the airport. for 6 hours. It was the most interesting part of the journey.
Reply 17
Hull is great this time of the year
Reply 18
boygenious
Hull is great this time of the year

hull uni - i could be there next year
Dickie
i want to go to Iceland one day. i hear they've built one on the high street :biggrin:

israel and russia sound interesting too.

Israel: very interesting, if you want to be caught in a 'cross-fire'

Latest

Trending

Trending