The Student Room Group

Where can I look for a good holiday that is not way too expensive?

Are there any good websites/
Original post by Kutie Karen

I have heard that booking.com is a good website to find flights and accomodations for a good price. Try your luck there!
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
I have heard that booking.com is a good website to find flights and accomodations for a good price. Try your luck there!

You are welcome! I wish you the best of look for your booking and if you got your destination, I wish you nice holidays too!
Reply 4

You should use skyscanner for flights, I’ve used them for years, I’ve seen flights on there as cheap as £10-£15 one way. And then for hotels use booking.com.
Original post by kraw9
You should use skyscanner for flights, I’ve used them for years, I’ve seen flights on there as cheap as £10-£15 one way. And then for hotels use booking.com.

Is it not even possible to book both hotels and flights on booking.com in combination with (for a good price)? but £10-£15 for tickets are cheaper than a bargain and can't never be beaten.
Reply 6
Is it not even possible to book both hotels and flights on booking.com in combination with (for a good price)? but £10-£15 for tickets are cheaper than a bargain and can't never be beaten.

I do find that skyscanner is almost always giving a cheaper deal than booking.com in terms of flights. The closest i’ve seen to skyscanner is google flights. Just a quick random search for london to paris i from september 13-20 comes up for £63 on booking.com and £52 on skyscanner. Same flights, airline and airports.
Original post by kraw9
I do find that skyscanner is almost always giving a cheaper deal than booking.com in terms of flights. The closest i’ve seen to skyscanner is google flights. Just a quick random search for london to paris i from september 13-20 comes up for £63 on booking.com and £52 on skyscanner. Same flights, airline and airports.

Good to know. I try it for myself next time when I am on a fly to anywhere. How many months I need to book in advance to get these cheap prices for flights?
Reply 8
Good to know. I try it for myself next time when I am on a fly to anywhere. How many months I need to book in advance to get these cheap prices for flights?

It depends on where you’re going tbh. Like when I went to the US a few months back I found that it was cheaper to buy a ticket for a a few weeks later compared to buying one for a few months later. Around europe in my experience anywhere around 2 weeks or more in advance. Generally though, just avoid school holidays and you should be fine
Original post by kraw9
It depends on where you’re going tbh. Like when I went to the US a few months back I found that it was cheaper to buy a ticket for a a few weeks later compared to buying one for a few months later. Around europe in my experience anywhere around 2 weeks or more in advance. Generally though, just avoid school holidays and you should be fine

Thanks for your advice. I try to implement it as good as I can in the future.
Something to consider when doing your research is looking for a package that is ATOL protected. Sometimes booking everything separately leaves you without some of the protections a package deal might offer. There's more information on the ATOL website.

While you’re researching holidays, check the travel advice for your destination for information on entry requirements, safety, health etc.

Firstly, where are you from? Try using sky scanner. It gives you compared prices for flight tickets.
Reply 12
Original post by clark_henry
Firstly, where are you from? Try using sky scanner. It gives you compared prices for flight tickets.

thanks. London
I've used skyscanner in the past (with success), but it doesn't include all the budget airlines. It's worth checking those out too if they fly to your destination.

Booking.com is good for searching for accommodation but if you find something you like, you can usually get it cheaper if you google the hotel/apartment and book direct.
Original post by normaw
I've used skyscanner in the past (with success), but it doesn't include all the budget airlines. It's worth checking those out too if they fly to your destination.

Booking.com is good for searching for accommodation but if you find something you like, you can usually get it cheaper if you google the hotel/apartment and book direct.

Yeah contacting hotel directly is also good idea. Most of time they provide cheaper rates than their listed price in Websites.
If Klook is available. it's very useful too and affordable.

Do you prefer a DIY tour, or you want to book with Private tours and Local Tour guide?

Quick Reply

Latest