The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
oh high five on ucl and camb

Actually Exeter is pretty decent. Based on many leagues its top 15. Last year 1204 applicants, 194 acceptances so in my mind that's quite good.

fair play, yeah I thought it was nice when I saw it, but man. way too close to home.

UCL and Cambridge... were always long shots really. I was ten times more gutted about my UCL rejection than cambridge. actually just sat and moped at my computer all day.
How do you feel about it? you do have exeter and probably notts, and possibly waz.
Reply 1061
still waiting on birmingham :/ getting pretty nervous now as i thought i would have heard from them by now.
Reply 1062
I too have an Exeter offer.
A*AA as well, pretty high but in fairness it is what they've had as entry requirements on the website and prospectus.
Reply 1063
Exeter- AAA :unimpressed:
Original post by greebo-man
fair play, yeah I thought it was nice when I saw it, but man. way too close to home.

UCL and Cambridge... were always long shots really. I was ten times more gutted about my UCL rejection than cambridge. actually just sat and moped at my computer all day.
How do you feel about it? you do have exeter and probably notts, and possibly waz.

Ah fair enough, for me UCL is way to close - it was a long shot, i dont even know why i applied, i dont want to stay in London.

I was devastated with my Camb rejection, but i got over it, my interview was absolutely horrible. I was silent most of the time, so it was no suprise :rolleyes:

Where would you like to go?
Reply 1065
Original post by samprop
Exeter- AAA :unimpressed:

How did you manage that one? And why the unimpressed face? Surely thats a good thing?
Reply 1066
Still no word from Durham or Warwick...
Reply 1067
Exeter A*AA :frown:
Based on the posts here so much for the A*AA - AAB range they say on their website!
Original post by Twazzock
Most of the unis I've looked into have stated explicitly that they'll only take BS and Econ as one A level.

well that hasnt been the case for me....
ive got offers ranging from AAA-BBB from reputable universities, and even LSE didnt say anything about the two subjects, i think it depends on what you may want to study....even with Law (which i previously was aiming to go into) there was no such a problem with Economics and BS.
I only know that Warwick and York are not keen on the two.
Original post by sharpinf
Based on the posts here so much for the A*AA - AAB range they say on their website!

Probably had more applications than they were expecting. Bristol wrote A*AA-AAB. I got the top end too :P

CHIN UP SON! <3
Original post by mlsdbk
You must have really worked hard at your as levels then as your a level predictions are really high? is that the case? Well done and god luck! :smile:

yeah well ive already got an A in Economics and achieved 95% in my transport module, so yeah i did work hard after realising my GCSEs were not upto par.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Ah fair enough, for me UCL is way to close - it was a long shot, i dont even know why i applied, i dont want to stay in London.

I was devastated with my Camb rejection, but i got over it, my interview was absolutely horrible. I was silent most of the time, so it was no suprise :rolleyes:

Where would you like to go?

Yeah my test and interview were bad. After professing my undying love for maths in my ps and stuff, i made the most pitiful maths mistake in interview.

Anyway im well attracted to manchester. I always kinda knew i was going to go there. The big three on my ucas were always a shot at the moon, and cardiff was just an insurance i guess.
After living in the sticks for my childhood, i am gagging for the city experience; just what manc offers, and at reasonable requirements.

What about you, exeter or notts?
Original post by greebo-man
Yeah my test and interview were bad. After professing my undying love for maths in my ps and stuff, i made the most pitiful maths mistake in interview.

Anyway im well attracted to manchester. I always kinda knew i was going to go there. The big three on my ucas were always a shot at the moon, and cardiff was just an insurance i guess.
After living in the sticks for my childhood, i am gagging for the city experience; just what manc offers, and at reasonable requirements.

What about you, exeter or notts?

How do you know it was a mistake? I had to do a short written test, im pretty sure i did it fine since it was basically c2 and c3 differentiation.

If i get a Warwick offer, it will probs be A*AA so ill firm that, and then prob insurance (lol) exeter. Nott is really lovely, not sure ranking wise if its better than exeter - i know for econ exeter is better. Depends on the nott offer i guess.

You still got LSE to look forward to :smile: hope that goes well for you
Reply 1073
Original post by EM:)
How did you manage that one? And why the unimpressed face? Surely thats a good thing?

Only put it because it makes the decision on my insurance more difficult than if they gave me either an A*AA or AAB. Think with that offer im gonna have to go with LSE as my backup at A*AA because my physics grade is included in the LSE offer unlike my Cambridge one!

Why the neg rep??? It was simply how is was feeling at the time! (i wasnt unimpressed more slightly frustrated!)
Original post by samprop
Only put it because it makes the decision on my insurance more difficult than if they gave me either an A*AA or AAB. Think with that offer im gonna have to go with LSE as my backup at A*AA because my physics grade is included in the LSE offer unlike my Cambridge one!

Why the neg rep??? It was simply how is was feeling at the time! (i wasnt unimpressed more slightly frustrated!)

you are one unlucky guy
Reply 1075
When should I expect to hear from Durham???
Reply 1076
Sussex - Conditional - ABB or AAC
Reply 1077
Original post by thesnowman
Oh and I've contacted Birmingham which they've replied to today, the 2012 entry requirements for the course will be AAA :/ and new fees won't be decided until late spring. Thought I'd ask them in case I decided to reapply for whatever reason

Hey what your grades like, I applied to bath aswell ...similar time!

I am still waiting to hear from Exeter. Has anyone got a rejection yet? Maybe they come after the offers

I am still waiting to hear. If you don't mind me asking what are your predicted grades?

Latest

Trending

Trending