The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Ahhh I got a UCAS track update email and thought it would be St As but it was just a stupid Aberdeen rejection...St As is definately my first choice so hope I hear back soon!
You guys that have already got offers are so lucky, well doneeee!!!
Reply 1821
I have an offer! Unconditional :biggrin:

Who manages the facebook page? I'd like in on that, I'll PM them my name.
Original post by ed.d
Cheers! Day trip?? Night trip more like (although from what I can remember of the student union at dundee, it's more likely I'd be heading over your way!!)

I just want to confirm St Andrews really, I haven't even heard back from Kings or Soton, and BSMS put me on some form of reserve list (?)

Just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about accom. and money. Might be another excuse for a trip up :rolleyes:

You confirm Dundee then?

I meant to ask, have you got any conditions?
For accomodation New Hall looked pretty good! And close to the med school. But I'm sure they're all great :smile:
Confirmed Dundee last night :biggrin: I think now i'll get sent a accomodation form soon and that's me sorted. Cant believe I'm going to uni!
Reply 1823
Original post by JungleJen
I meant to ask, have you got any conditions?
For accomodation New Hall looked pretty good! And close to the med school. But I'm sure they're all great :smile:
Confirmed Dundee last night :biggrin: I think now i'll get sent a accomodation form soon and that's me sorted. Cant believe I'm going to uni!

Yeh couple of conditions but met them all already, which is nice!! Yeh to be fair they'll all be fine, don't want a shared room though, and I can cook, so no need to have catered! Unless I want to be lazy :tongue:

Check you out :wink: got any plans over the summer?
Original post by hm360
I have an offer! Unconditional :biggrin:

Who manages the facebook page? I'd like in on that, I'll PM them my name.

Congratulations on the offer, I'm pretty sure Georgie91 manages the Facebook group mate.

Congratulations to everybody else on the offers too, sorry to hear about rejections for some of you, hope you have some good news from elsewhere.
Congratulations to those with offers! What time did they all come through on track?
Reply 1826
Please could someone give me the link to the facebook page thank you :smile:
Original post by dearyme
Please could someone give me the link to the facebook page thank you :smile:

Anyone with offers join the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186813228029352&notif_t=group_r2j its not me who manages it but i think theres only a few of us who can add people to it for some reason! Congrats to everyone with offers.....and those with rejections good luck for all your other places, if not this year then next year im sure u'll be in a much better position!!!
Reply 1828
Original post by georgie91
Anyone with offers join the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186813228029352&notif_t=group_r2j its not me who manages it but i think theres only a few of us who can add people to it for some reason! Congrats to everyone with offers.....and those with rejections good luck for all your other places, if not this year then next year im sure u'll be in a much better position!!!

Thank you!! And Georgie is right if not this year then definitely re-apply- happened for me!!
Original post by ed.d
Yeh couple of conditions but met them all already, which is nice!! Yeh to be fair they'll all be fine, don't want a shared room though, and I can cook, so no need to have catered! Unless I want to be lazy :tongue:

Check you out :wink: got any plans over the summer?

I'm confused. How come you already have your conditions?
I'm gonna go self-catered :smile: I can sort of cook.. But mum's giving me food parcels (yaasss!)
In june i'm doing the moonwalk in edinburgh (search it on google) so i'm trying to train for that. Then me and my friend are going to tenerife to work for a month and i'll be there for my 18th which i'm hoping will be good :biggrin: We tried to be all cultured and what not and go interrailing round europe but that didnt work out lol
What about you?
Reply 1830
offer! how do i join this facebook group? and also really feel sorry for anyone whos been rejected or still waiting :/ but next year you stand a far better chance, sure half of the newcastle thread offers are to re-applicants!:mad:
Original post by Jezza_10
offer! how do i join this facebook group? and also really feel sorry for anyone whos been rejected or still waiting :/ but next year you stand a far better chance, sure half of the newcastle thread offers are to re-applicants!:mad:

congrats!!!! facebook group is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186813228029352&notif_t=group_r2j
Anyone who has all rejections, don't worry! It cam be pretty demoralising but if you get out and do some WE (volunteering at the local hospice seemed to work for me), you should be fine for next year. And I'd join this facebook group if I could actually be bothered to make my own page. Still, looking forward to meeting everyone in September! :-)
Reply 1833
Rejection, absolutely gutted!!! Not really much else to say, just thought I'd put it out there :frown:
Reply 1834
Just got an Offer for the S (Scotland) campus, which is the one i applied for. AAA with one of the As in chemistry :smile:
Rejection. Feels like crap.
Reply 1836
OFFER! :smile: I'm also thinking of firming it!!! It's between Aberdeen and St Andrews anyway, but I'll be going to the Open Day on the 20th of April to finalize my decision! :smile: Anyone else going? :biggrin:
Reply 1837
Also, I just requested to join the facebook page :smile:
just sent in a request for the group :smile:

btw, anyone applying for any scholarships?
Reply 1839
Original post by dramaboyz2007
just sent in a request for the group :smile:

btw, anyone applying for any scholarships?

I'm applying for an award, as i have financial problems... but i'm a bit scared i wont get one as i saw there are only 12 such awards a year :confused: What scholarship are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending