The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

AAB Theology, Josephine Butler. However I'm trying to change colleges as I don't want self catered (I didn't realise there was a totally self catered college when i put my open application in)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've applied to study Law, 28th Oct sat my LNAT in December still waiting to here back. My application is still with the Law department so I'm pretty disheartened about that.
Predicted AAA just out of interest
Having sent it on the 30th September, my application has been received by a college :smile: (English Literature, so I was expecting a long wait for anything, let alone the chance of an offer)

Now to wait some more I guess... :tongue:
Reply 3023
Original post by pianofluteftw
Don't worry there are still those of us waiting... and getting more scared by the day! :/

Snap! :redface:
Reply 3024
Original post by martyp417
YES durham engineers :biggrin:
firm choice, hopefully st johns..

Oooh! Be sure to join the "lively" discussion at the John's thread!
Original post by nuttynatz
I KNOW!!! :biggrin: aaah... just praying that I hear something :smile: been distracting me all day. Thats the problem with AES.. you don't expect to hear anything until that changes... stressing me out.:s-smilie: I've got my fingers and toes crossed :wink:

Have ypu heard anything from your other offers?? (omg.. the LNAT results come out in like two weeks :eek:...between that and getting my mock exams back.. its looking like a pretty stressful month!)

Today is a sad day...Durham don't want me :frown:
Ooh, thought I'd post here because my application is now at a college :smile: Exciting! But I was wondering how likely it is that I'll actually be made an offer now? Because I'm really trying to avoid getting my hopes up :/
Any other languages applicants?
Reply 3027
Original post by Butterfly.
Ooh, thought I'd post here because my application is now at a college :smile: Exciting! But I was wondering how likely it is that I'll actually be made an offer now? Because I'm really trying to avoid getting my hopes up :/
Any other languages applicants?

Very likely :smile: now they just need to ind accommodation in a college for you :smile: Well done! but sometimes it takes time so you might need to wait..
Original post by mlsdbk
Very likely :smile: now they just need to ind accommodation in a college for you :smile: Well done! but sometimes it takes time so you might need to wait..

Ok, thanks! :smile: Haha, I'll guess I'll just have to keep being patient then..! Will be tricky though seeing as Durham is my favourite.
Got an offer for Economics and Politics, AAA. Yet to hear which college.
Reply 3030
Ok, thanks! :smile: Haha, I'll guess I'll just have to keep being patient then..! Will be tricky though seeing as Durham is my favourite.

hi :smile: just to let you know that you may only be waiting a few days as mine changed to a college on wednesday and my offer came through last night :biggrin: good luck!
Original post by Amy124
hi :smile: just to let you know that you may only be waiting a few days as mine changed to a college on wednesday and my offer came through last night :biggrin: good luck!

Ooh, really?! Thanks :smile: I hope it does come through quickly, because I can't take the suspense!
Congrats on your offer then :smile: Which course?
Original post by kay_mart1
Today is a sad day...Durham don't want me :frown:

aw.. omg... I'm so sorrry :frown::frown: When did you find out? Today only?...:frown: aw... They don't deserve you!!! :wink: But shame, I know it really sucks to be rejected.. especially from your first choice!:frown:.. What other offers do you have?

I'm sorry :frown:
Original post by Amy124
Thanks :tongue: yeah i'm sure you'll hear soon! Yeah if i get an offer definately, loved Durham and the collegiate system. However, I'm also applying to Trinity College Dublin so an offer from there plus free fees may slightly tilt that but yeah will most likely firm Durham. Are you waiting on any other unis?

Still waiting for Warwick... got offers from Exeter and Surrey and rejected from Oxford :biggrin:... cool are you from Ireland then?
Original post by Keckers

They gave me an offer of AAB, which I'm really happy with. Hopefully motivation will kick in soon and I'll find it less of a chore to start working :rolleyes:

haha... thats true... I'm hoping the same, my mocks were a little bit dissapointing to say the least.. but hopefully the motivation will kick in! And soon!!:biggrin:
Original post by danielsmith
I've applied to study Law, 28th Oct sat my LNAT in December still waiting to here back. My application is still with the Law department so I'm pretty disheartened about that.
Predicted AAA just out of interest

me to! :smile:.. sent my application on 14 October and did the LNAT on the 12 October, and have heard nothing! Have you heard from anyone else?
Reply 3036
Ooh, really?! Thanks :smile: I hope it does come through quickly, because I can't take the suspense!
Congrats on your offer then :smile: Which course?

haha i know, i heard my college news the day before one of my modules so that was quite distracting :P Thanks, you're 99% in aswell, although i get that until you hear on UCAS it isn't really proper (: law and yourself?
Reply 3037
Still waiting for Warwick... got offers from Exeter and Surrey and rejected from Oxford :biggrin:... cool are you from Ireland then?

I was gonna apply to Warwick then discovered for my the flights and travelling home would be quite awkward. Yeah tbh the main reason I applied to Exeter was because it looked lovely and sunny :P (and the great Law dept too of course). Ah Oxford, who needs them, plus they make you do all your exams in your 3rd year-way too much pressure! Well NI, so best of both worlds, although their application system is so complicated compared to ucas (: Have you been to visit durham?
Has anyone else got an offer who is from Northern Ireland?
aw.. omg... I'm so sorrry :frown::frown: When did you find out? Today only?...:frown: aw... They don't deserve you!!! :wink: But shame, I know it really sucks to be rejected.. especially from your first choice!:frown:.. What other offers do you have?

I'm sorry :frown:

Awwwwww it's ok :smile:
Next choice is Newcastle
They rejected me yesterday...on my birthday!!!! So cruel :redface:
Good luck with your application...hope they like you more than they did me!:biggrin:
I'm not sure how to find out why i was rejected...do you know if they tell you why?? :colondollar:

Latest