The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by rbarber.08
Ah that sucks. But at least you've got Central and im sure RWCMD and others :smile:
Awesome, post how it goes tomorrow! I'm looking forward to seeing the campus and stuff in Cardiff, the website looks great! Only problem with it from my point of view is that it's really close to home!
Good luck tomorrow!
xx

RWCMD interview was okay, it was really informal and quite fun lol, they ask the usual questions and then go through your portfolio and personal statement and talk about things from there.
Cardiff is lovely :smile: Thats my problem with the london ones theyre all too close lol

If you have any other questions about the interview let me know xx
(edited 13 years ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA

A really interesting talk about creativity. Thought we might all appreciate it here :smile:
Original post by RitaF
I've applied to Manchester Uni (drama), Salford (performing arts), Royal Holloway (drama and theatre studies), Queen Mary (drama) and Bristol (drama). Anyone going for the same? :smile:

Ive got an interview at RHUL coming up! Have you had yours yet?
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
I got an offer/invitation to UCAS day from Surrey today :smile:

Hello! how was your RHUL interview please? xx
Original post by LucyGrud
i have a interview UCAS day thing at exeter in a few days, just wondering if anyone had had one already and could tell me what sorta thing happens? i'm a little nervous!! thank you :smile:

Hello! I've been and got an offer :smile: It was fine, and i made some lovely friends!! You do a workshop which is like leading from different parts of your body, different ways of moving etc. Devising piece just show the people marking you that you can work as a team, dont interrupt, listen to others ideas!
Then the interview - i was proper scared but its ok! They just quiz you on your personal statement really, and ask you about that piece of theatre you have seen - just seem enthusiastic!

Hope you have fun and good luck!! xxx
Original post by thedramaqueen*
Hey :smile:

I have an interview at Exeter coming up too! Really nervous but excited! What date is yours? Mines 31st Jan-1st Feb :smile:

Obviously I dunno what happens (cos I haven't had mine yet!) but I read on here somewhere that the workshop's mainly to do with body movement and physicality, and that the interview's pretty hard cos they ask you lots of questions on your PS! So i'm gonna have a good look over that before I go. Also said that the devised piece is mainly to see if you can work well with others!

But yeah, if anyone else has some more concrete knowledge on the interview day, let me know :biggrin: xx

hello! :smile: the interview process is fine, i was really nervous about the interview but thats just because i get like that!! in your interview they asked me about what performances i had seen (then you talk about that live theatre for a bit) err he asked me why i dropped english lit ha! what i liked about the course, why i suit it, just read up on the course etc, i gave specific modules i think he liked that!! You will be fine honestly, i had a great day!! Anymore questions just ask xx
Original post by allaboutdrama
Hello! how was your RHUL interview please? xx

Great, it's the most relaxed thing I've ever done! You have a half hour seminar with five or so other people where you discuss a play extract with the other people and your seminar leader (the plays were different depending on the leader) which is the only bit you're assessed on, then you have an hour's Q&A with some students and then the teachers for the last bit which is really interesting, and it's definitely worth speaking up if there's something on your mind. Then the workshop at the end is basically just playing games. Great fun. I won't hear back for a few weeks though.
Reply 287
http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/2011/01/bristol-old-vic-theatre-school-part-2.html

Update on my bristol old vic recall for readers, going to try and edit it out about when I have time, brains still a bit muffled.
Do you think its too late to apply for Bristol Old Vic as in..there is no chance of getting in now cause I am applying late. the closing date is in march..also has anyone auditioned there?
Reply 289
Ive got an interview at RHUL coming up! Have you had yours yet?

No I haven't heard anything from them yet, maybe because I only sent the application in the start of January... I hope it wasn't too late!
Good luck to you!! Please let me know how it went afterwards!
Original post by Thugnificent.
Do you think its too late to apply for Bristol Old Vic as in..there is no chance of getting in now cause I am applying late. the closing date is in march..also has anyone auditioned there?

If the closing date is in March then no way is it too late! Get working on your application and whatever you need to do to get in :smile:
Reply 291
Original post by Thugnificent.

I auditioned last week, i diddent know it was a walk in walk out but you just go in maybe a few words about you and what your doing then both monologues and your song also i was also told to do some sight reading which was a surprise but it is litrally 15 mins :smile:
Reply 292
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
Great, it's the most relaxed thing I've ever done! You have a half hour seminar with five or so other people where you discuss a play extract with the other people and your seminar leader (the plays were different depending on the leader) which is the only bit you're assessed on, then you have an hour's Q&A with some students and then the teachers for the last bit which is really interesting, and it's definitely worth speaking up if there's something on your mind. Then the workshop at the end is basically just playing games. Great fun. I won't hear back for a few weeks though.

I'm at RHUL in my 3rd year at the moment :smile: Who was your seminar leader? Hope you liked the uni!
Original post by Virna
I'm at RHUL in my 3rd year at the moment :smile: Who was your seminar leader? Hope you liked the uni!

Ah cool :smile: I had Emma Cox as my leader, she was ace! I did actually, I hadn't been too impressed at open day but liked the course so I still applied, but was very pleased at ucas day!
Reply 294
Original post by kittenwithawhip

Applied to:

Bristol
Surrey
UEA
Exeter
Queen Mary

has anyone else applied to these Unis?... Has anyone got any offers or auditions/interviews for wherever they've applied - (UCAS track has become my life!)

UEA were the only one who came right out and said - yes we will audition, all the others just referred to it as an 'interview'... I know there are only 16 places at UEA, 30 for Bristol and QM and around 20 for Surrey... that's not many :eek:...
fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

Ive applies UEA and bristol too, got my audition for uea on the 9th, but heard nothing from bristol :angry:, have you ?
Reply 295
Thanks :smile: I was just wondering do you learn much from your tutors or is it allot of peer work? Also you mention it's not a technical course I am more interested in Stage Management are allot of people on the course more interested in technical aspects? Do you get many oportunities to gain futher work experiance etc in the holidays.

Really sorry for all the questions just wondering what the college is really like.

Thanks again!!

Original post by Bouncing
To those thinking of doing stage management at Rose Bruford:

I'm in my 3rd year.

Its an ok course that gives you opportunities but, i've noticed some people are interested in musical theatre - there's only like 1 or 2 musicals a year, the chances of being put on it is unlikely if everyone in the year wants it too. It is NOT a technical course, you have to learn from your peers on other courses to learn more.

Though, what i am saying as a 3rd year is my experience of it, they've updated the course since i was in my first year.

I WOULD RECOMMEND: Do not hold back on questions like these at your interview, the tutors are very friendly, especially if Adam interviews you. (Which will be likely as the course leader is off on sick leave)

I dont know whether central, rada and guildhall etc. are any better, there's always mixed reviews about graduates from each college.

I have worked with technicians from Bristol Old Vic and they are some of the best/confident technicians i have ever seen!

Let me know if you want to know more/ask questions.
Original post by SUGARSSLS
Ive applies UEA and bristol too, got my audition for uea on the 9th, but heard nothing from bristol :angry:, have you ?

Hi ... no.. nothing from Bristol after the original acknowledgment.. but I don't know anyone who has!... It has to be soon surely!

Have a 2 day workshop at Exeter next week and a UCAS day at Surrey (have had an offer from them so that's good as did love the course there)..

My interview at UEA is on 23 feb now (did have it at the same time as you but couldn't make that one so do let us know how it goes!)

...also have had an offer from Queen Mary's which is good but it's my fifth choice... I'm waiting for BRISTOL!!!!

Good luck with UEA x:smile:
hello! :smile: the interview process is fine, i was really nervous about the interview but thats just because i get like that!! in your interview they asked me about what performances i had seen (then you talk about that live theatre for a bit) err he asked me why i dropped english lit ha! what i liked about the course, why i suit it, just read up on the course etc, i gave specific modules i think he liked that!! You will be fine honestly, i had a great day!! Anymore questions just ask xx

Thanks for the info :smile: It all sounds good! Haha I know what you mean about interviews, I get v. nervous too...will have to remember to take lots of deep breaths before hand haha! Okay cool, i'll have another look over the course content. Did they ask you anything about how actors use their bodies in interesting ways? In the letter they have asked to prepare something on that. xx
Hi ... no.. nothing from Bristol after the original acknowledgment.. but I don't know anyone who has!... It has to be soon surely!

Have a 2 day workshop at Exeter next week and a UCAS day at Surrey (have had an offer from them so that's good as did love the course there)..

My interview at UEA is on 23 feb now (did have it at the same time as you but couldn't make that one so do let us know how it goes!)

...also have had an offer from Queen Mary's which is good but it's my fifth choice... I'm waiting for BRISTOL!!!!

Good luck with UEA x:smile:

Hi :smile:

Are you going to Exeter for the two day workshop on monday and tuesday? If so-see you there!!

I'm also STILL waiting to hear from Bristol :confused: Surely they must reply soon, seeing as the first interview date is 9th Feb?? Let's hope so anyway! xx
A bit late but my GSA applications finally got sent on Monday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending