The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

its ****
Reply 2
i'm really enjoying sixth form. Had a few doubts about swapping subjects, etc but once t
hats sorted i'll be fine. Slightly worried about exa,s already being in january though. How many do you have? :smile:
Reply 3
Really don't like all of the work, but I'm managing. Biology + learning the keywords is annoying though, especially when it's 20+ words.
Reply 4
It's alright. Not as much work as I expected tbh. :dontknow:

i'm really enjoying sixth form. Had a few doubts about swapping subjects, etc but once t
hats sorted i'll be fine. Slightly worried about exa,s already being in january though. How many do you have?

3 in Jan (Phys, Hist + C1 Maths), then 13 in May/June :rofl:
Reply 5
Boooooring! :nothing:

I only have FP1 and DE in January though :yawn: Such a bother with only 2 exams, not that I would resit any :erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
gameworm1
I've just done a month of A Levels, enjoying it so far but lot of work (though I guess it was expected!). Doing English Lit, History, R.S and Psychology. Just curious about thoughts from people just starting A Levels. Thanks. :smile:

I've got 2 modules in January so not looking forward to those.

All I know is that I should be doing much more work than I am doing at the moment.
Reply 7
I'm liking 6th form a lot especially free periods/ only doing subjects I want to; I have 8 january exams that I'm not looking forward to though lol, C3, C2(retake), M1, FP1, D1 or M2, F331, Physics unit 1 and biology unit 1
It's going okay. I've been getting loads of essays for History and D1 is pretty dull, but other than that I've been enjoying my A level subjects :smile:
medbh4805
It's alright. Not as much work as I expected tbh. :dontknow:

3 in Jan (Phys, Hist + C1 Maths), then 13 in May/June :rofl:

What other subject(s) do you do to make an exra 9 exams in june? :lolwut:
I'm putting in a lot more effort this year, I've finally got a job - I'm suffering the backlash of being so lazy last year and this year I've been no where near as sociable but when I am sociable its actually doing something fun rather then just sitting around with peeps bored half the time so its a lot better this year :biggrin:
Reply 11
It's like school without the pointless subjects. As for how my subjects are going I'm finding the workload very manageable (probably due to the fact that I'm essentially doing 3 A levels albeit one of them at an accelerated rate) and am getting somewhere in the high 90% range on all assessed work. Going to be doing the first Physics and Chemistry modules as well as C3 and C4 for Maths in January.
I'm thinking that my school are b***** for still not providing me with text books to revise from :s-smilie:
letsdothetimewarpagain
What other subject(s) do you do to make an exra 9 exams in june? :lolwut:

Physics x2 (paper 2 + practical), Maths S1 + C2, History 2, then (deep breath) Latin la +lit, Greek la+lit, Irish written +oral and French written+oral.

I like languages :o:
are you talking about AS Levels or A levels? i'm doing A levels now, everybody said it would be so much harder than AS Level but tbh i feel more motivated which makes it easier! plus i'm doing 3 subjects instead of 4 like last year.
I like Sixth Form generally :yep:

This is how I feel about my AS Level subjects...

History :love: , great, it's interesting, academic and I love the units my school does - 1066 & Medieval England + French Revolution

English Lit :smile: , quite like it, except I find poetry boring!...well it's ok, but the novel we're doing (Enduring Love) is soo much better!

Biology :rolleyes: , it's ok, fasinating but A LOT to learn, A LOT of vocabulary....really hoping to get to grips with this as this is what I want to do at uni!!!

Chemistry :s-smilie: , don't get me wrong, I love the subject, but I'm finding physical chemistry difficult, the stuff about principle energy levels and writing half-equations (redox) I REALLY HOPE I START TO UNDERSTAND CHEM. SOON OR I'M GONNA PANIC, lol it's such a step up from GCSE :frown:

Anyone else? :confused:
Reply 16
Finding them all alot of work, and not looking forward to the exams in January. I think I have 3.
So much work! In the first 2 weeks I've had 3 essays, 3 end of topic tests and and endless amount of h/w on top of h/w. It's basically bam, bam, bam all the time. Although that might have something to do with 5 subjects :p: It's only been 3 weeks at the moment, but it's starting to slow down - I think.
Psychology - Damn lot of studies to remember, but it's very interesting which keeps me engaged.
English Lang and Lit - Interesting controversial discussions lot of writing
Geography - Feels the same as GCSE :s-smilie:

lol

I don't really feel that much of a jump from GCSE tbh
A lot of work already seeing as I chose four essay based subjects...

I've only got one exam in Jan (Phil), and 9 exams in Jun.

Latest