The Student Room Group

Is an average of 64.4 okay for third year?

I’m in my final few months of uni and have worked out my average for all my assignments is 64%. How much would I have to get on my remaining assignments and dissertation for a first? Can I even get a first at this point. I was quite shocked when I added it all up as I thought I’d done a bit better :frown:
This depends on the weighting of your second and third year.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m in my final few months of uni and have worked out my average for all my assignments is 64%. How much would I have to get on my remaining assignments and dissertation for a first? Can I even get a first at this point. I was quite shocked when I added it all up as I thought I’d done a bit better :frown:

First-Class Honours (First or 1st) (70% and above)

Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1, 2.i) (60-70%)

Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2, 2.ii) (50-60%)

Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) (40-50%)

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there

This would normally depend on your course and University. You can probably find the module weight in your course's guidance documents, which should tell you how much is required to achieve a first. I think this is normally around 70%? I would still recommend checking just to be sure.

With a 64% currently, it may still be possible to pull your grades up. :smile: If you start your revision early and spend more effort on your assignments and dissertations, it could be possible! :smile:

Good luck.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending