The Student Room Group

Bocconi and U of Amsterdam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mihawk
Sure , but isn't amsterdam a better city than rotterdam ?
John : you scored well.
I'm french too btw :smile:

Thanks, :smile:
I've been to Rotterdam to visit rsm during the open days, actually it's quite a lively city but of course Amsterdam is better.
In terms of reputation though, RSM>Maastricht>>>Amsterdam.
So you too want to bypass the stupid french prépa system?:wink:
@soldiersixteen: RSM too is a target for London IB
Original post by JohnFR
I've been to Rotterdam to visit rsm during the open days, actually it's quite a lively city but of course Amsterdam is better.

Oh thats good.
I'm not so sure about Bocconi, people say its teaching its sub par, yet it's a target for London IB. I'm not so sure about Milan either, locals hardly speak any English.
And there aren't enough statistics about the number international students in Bocconi.
Reply 22
Original post by JohnFR

When were the open days ?
On their website , Uva says that they're the most renowned bachelor in NL etc ... :biggrin:
No it's not about bypassing the prepa system , i'm looking for a new way of life actually. :smile:
You're in Terminale ? What is your "dossier" like ?
You wanna be an investment banker too ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
What about Utrecht university school of economics? Does it also as well recognized as Maastricht or Rotterdam schools of economics?
Original post by vazee
What about Utrecht university school of economics? Does it also as well recognized as Maastricht or Rotterdam schools of economics?

Haven't heard much about Utrecht. It's probably more known in Netherlands than in the rest of the world.
Reply 25
But if we look to world universities rankings, Utrecht is the best of all dutch universities. I consider which one to choose and cant make a decision
Reply 26
Original post by Mihawk
When were the open days ?
On their website , Uva says that they're the most renowned bachelor in NL etc ... :biggrin:
No it's not about bypassing the prepa system , i'm looking for a new way of life actually. :smile:
You're in Terminale ? What is your "dossier" like ?
You wanna be an investment banker too ?

The open days were in the end of october, it was quite interesting we met quite a few french students studying in the IBA programme.
I am currently in TS spé maths with the OIB I have an average of 14 in seconde, 13/14 in premiere and 10/11 for the moment in terminale, but with 15/16 in maths.
I dont know what I wanna do next but I want a school and a degree that is going to keep all doors open: IB and Consulting.
So yeah my dossier is not "bad" but not good enough for anything decent in France:frown:
I hope the OIB is going to boost my dossier for rsm and bocconi. RSM really cares about the international background of its students and we were told that being in the oib really helps. btw most of the french we met had done the oib, have you?
Reply 27
Original post by vazee
But if we look to world universities rankings, Utrecht is the best of all dutch universities. I consider which one to choose and cant make a decision

I dont know which ranking you looked at but utrecht is not even ranked in FT rankings. Maybe utrecht's reputation comes from other schools than its school of economics.
Reply 28
I don't.
Where do you study ? In France ? Or is it a french high school in a foreign country ?
RSM doesn't ask for the "seconde"'s grades I think. Personnally , i've already graduated from high school , so i'm just gonna send my final diploma's grades. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Mihawk
I don't.
Where do you study ? In France ? Or is it a french high school in a foreign country ?
RSM doesn't ask for the "seconde"'s grades I think. Personnally , i've already graduated from high school , so i'm just gonna send my final diploma's grades. :smile:

I study in France, no rsm doesn't ask for 2de but bocconi does. You are lucky you've only got to send them the results of your bac, rsm's requirements for those who havent got the final diploma's grade are quite weird.
Reply 30
Original post by JohnFR
I study in France, no rsm doesn't ask for 2de but bocconi does. You are lucky you've only got to send them the results of your bac, rsm's requirements for those who havent got the final diploma's grade are quite weird.

True.
Personally , i didn't do well in seconde , it may be difficult for Bocconi. :s-smilie:
Reply 31
Hey there,

I'm also thinking about applying to Bocconi for the Bachelor program taught in English! On the website on the admission criteria for international applicants the university asks for the third last and second last of secondary school diploma. As you get reports twice a year in Germany, I wonder whether I'm supposed to submit only the end of year reports or as well the mid-term reports?!
Reply 32
Original post by .Anna.
Hey there,

I'm also thinking about applying to Bocconi for the Bachelor program taught in English! On the website on the admission criteria for international applicants the university asks for the third last and second last of secondary school diploma. As you get reports twice a year in Germany, I wonder whether I'm supposed to submit only the end of year reports or as well the mid-term reports?!

Hey :smile:
I'm applying too and i was wondering if somebody else was considering the bocconi test ? Do we have to pay a fee to take it ?
Reply 33
Hi Mehdi,

I also applied there. I had a really high GPA, much higher than the requested to skip the test but I am on "Stand By". I guess the reason is that I didn't any test and I only have IELTS (8.5). I hope I am going to get accepted for the next session. I am currently doing IB, predicted 39 points. Some information from you will be useful.

Hope to meet you there!
Reply 34
Where are you from vavip ?
Reply 35
Original post by MehdiK
Hey guys !
I am admitted in Bocconi (BIEMF), I am wondering if someone here is admitted too ?

hey MehdiK!

Would you mind telling me what was you GPA and/or SAT score? I am applying there this year.

Thanks!
Reply 36
is it enough to get a schoolaship at Bocconi only with grade avarage without sat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending