The Student Room Group

Should I "break" up with him?

Ok, so I've been seeing this guy since about mid-September, it's not an official relationship but it is some form of commitment, and we were friends for about 6mths before that. We are long distance as I live about 3hrs away from him. I've had doubts basically the whole time I was seeing him. Before the day we got together I had never really thought of me and him getting together, he is not my usual type, but the time I went up and I hadn't seen him in about three months it felt different and we decided to try seeing each other. He is a generally a nice guy and I enjoy his company but the problems are:
He has been disrespectful to me on several occasions, sort of putting me on the spot and bringing up sex when it wasn't appropriate which made me feel he wanted a no strings casual thing, he had been flirting with a mutual friend before but they didn't get together, but when me and him got together he said something to her and i'm not entirely sure on the contents of their conversation but apparently he really upset her and made her cry and he didn't apologise, but he seemed paranoid that she'd been saying stuff :/ so i decided to give that the benefit of the doubt, but recently he's been inattentive contacting me and stuff, when i did go up and see him we had a nice time but he brought up some other girl he'd met recently and said there had been an attraction and they'd been talking a lot, but he didn't think anything would materialise, ...and then he didn't text me for a few days after we met up even though i had felt ill that evening so it would have been nice to see if i was ok or if he could see me again before i went home ...and then last week he asked when i was coming up and whether i could stay at his, but i said i'd probably be staying at a friend's and he seemed stressy about it and pretty much disappeared offline and i haven't heard from him since... its been a week now, and i think when i go up this weekend i'm going to ask him to talk to him and do you think it's justified for me to end it? When i last spoke to him he seemed stressy that i wouldn't share his bed even though he doesn't talk to me that regularly to build a relationship where i would feel comfortable doing so, and i just don't feel respected or cared for. any advice appreciated, thanks
Paragraphs and full stops please!!

anyway, if you got any doubts about this relationship then there is no good reason to stay in the relationship, as the doubt will grow and slowly eat you until you can;t stop thinking about it.

end it.,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending