The Student Room Group

Frankie Boyle does it again! Katie price isnt happy.

Scroll to see replies

Classic Frankie Boyle tbh
Reply 41
Joke wasn't funny.

Boyle was funny once, he has now lost his edge. As others have said, he has confused being edgy with bullying insults.

I found Tramadol nights so hard to watch I turned it off within 10 minutes.

Dara O'Brien on live @ the Apollo was so much better.
Reply 42
Original post by Lewroll
Was that aimed at me:frown:?

Lol no. All the douches saying its okay blah blah.
Original post by Lewroll
All jokes? What if someone made a joke about jews during WWII, would that be ok?

People do that all the time, and yes it is.
Original post by concubine
People do that all the time, and yes it is.

What if the Queens head got blown off by a norwegian terrorist. Would it be ok to make a joke about that on the day it happened
(lol im not challenging you, im just trying to see where the line is drawn)
What if someone was raped, could i make a joke about that?
What if world war 3 broke out, and the whole of scotland was nuked, could i make a joke about that?
There was a part in it where it showed dead childrens that bit was unnerving to watch and I thought that was really offensive and sad but he is a comedian, I like his older jokes more.:sad:
There was a Frankie Boyle podcast once.

It was so rubbish. He was just harping on saying anything to be shocking, it just wasn't funny.

Some of his stuff is hilarious, but I think he tries too hard sometimes, and he crosses the fine line between being a **** and being a funny ****
It's Katie Price, since when has she given a **** about her children?

I remember seeing magazines like OK saying things like 'Harvey will die before Junior is born'
Taking advantage of your children much??
Reply 48
I like dark humour, but Frankie Boyle isn't dark humour, it's just shouting things which are offensive and giggling a bit to make it seem like a joke. He's boring and not a good comedian at all. Jimmy Carr, on the other hand, is ****ing amazing and has great jokes. Frankie should take a note out of Jimmy's book.

Original post by Lewroll
What if the Queens head got blown off by a norwegian terrorist. Would it be ok to make a joke about that on the day it happened
What if world war 3 broke out, and the whole of scotland was nuked, could i make a joke about that?

Yes. Look at the amount of jokes about the Twin Towers, Haiti, etc. Jokes tend to reflect what we feel most uncomfortable with and give us a way to release our anxieties in a socially acceptable manner. Dark humour exists for this very reason: it lets us confront our issues, yet solve them or nullify them by turning them into a joke.

There's quite a lot of research done about the functions of jokes in modern society.
Reply 49
I went to see Frankie Boyle live and heard the joke and didn't laugh, I thought it was a bit harsh but you know that when you go to see him...

But Katie Price has only drawn A LOT of attention to this by bringing it up. Stupid thing to do.
Reply 50
Someone said he dresses up too? I can't really see how going the effort to dress up in a silly costume is going to boost his comedic prowess either. :erm:
Original post by derangedyoshi
There's a line to be drawn between jokes which are maybe slightly offensive, and insults, which are funny (in some people's minds). I am not normally part of the PC brigade, but making jokes about disabled children is 100% not okay. Imagine you're having to struggle to get by, and then you see this well-off, arrogant comedian insulting you for other people's entertainment. I find it repulsive.

I don't watch Frankie Boyle's stuff, and I'm not a fan of disabled jokes. However, I can understand why others might like them, and I 100% support Boyle on being able to say them.

I do like a bit of Sickipedia.. I like rape jokes, dead baby jokes, murder jokes, etc. These are making fun of terrible, terrible situations, often of people unable to defend themselves.
Yet there's some really funny jokes out there about them. I can't laugh at these, and then say that I don't agree with disabled jokes.

I think people should be able to say these jokes. Anyone who doesn't like Dark Humour doesn't need to watch it.

For example, look at this song which was on Australian TV (it has a line about Princess Diana, all the other people are real too).
Reply 52
I personally don't find Franie Boyle funny, but I don't usually have a problem with his material. However, a lot of it recently is just bullying, pure and simple. The jokes he made about Rebecca Adlington's appearance weren't funny. She wasn't some quasi-celebrity flaunting herself in the press trying desperately to be noticed, she was an athlete who was famous for being one of the best in the world at what she does. Her appearance is completely irrelevant and something she can hardly help anyway, so I thought he was just a sad bully for saying horrible things about her.

If he'd made a joke about Jordan, then I wouldn't care, and I suspect she wouldn't either to be honest. However, jokes about children are pretty much always wrong in my books, but about a disabled child especially. Harvey doesn't put himself in the spotlight or act in an outrageous manner to gain attenion. Celebrities who put themselves in the spotlight are fair game, their children aren't. I suspect he simply isn't able to think of something witty and original to say about Jordan, so decides to make a joke about her son instead because no one else has. What he fails to realise is that no one else has because it's despicable and just plain wrong.

I also don't have a problem with jokes about disability in general, although I don't find them funny. However, joking about a specific disabled person solely based on their disability is wrong, especially when it's a child.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Lewroll
(i didnt see another thread on this, apologies if there is one)

So Frankie boyle has managed to offend someone else with his dark comedy. This time, he made a joke about Katie Price and her disabled son Harvey (i dont know who he is either:s-smilie:).
So is comedy about disabled people ok? Channel 4 have defended it. I wonder if they would still defend it if it was a joke about race, or sexual orientation.
Are jokes like these ok?
Discuss
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11976410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKsZoRPwKk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rF9YKiYfRE&NR=1

Oh and to all budding comedians, this isnt a thread to practice your racist, sexist, or homophobic jokes, however if you have a good one, you can always pm me :biggrin:, lol i joke, play nice TSR.

I didn't watch the clip because I can't get any sound but is it that he specially made a joke about Harvey himself? What kind of comedian is so desperate to garner a couple of laughs that he would specially target a disabled child?
Katie Price, however much I can't stand her has a right to be upset.

I'm not 100% against disabled jokes, they can be funny when done right but the ones I've laughed at have always been about disabled kids in general or disabled adults (Family Guy for example always takes the mick out of Stephen Hawkins). I know he was criticised for making that about downs syndrome but I actually didn't see a problem there--it is true to say that if you don't like it don't watch it. However, it must be horrible to hear your own child being ridiculed or laughed it. I'm trying to bear in mind that I haven't actually seen it but there's something about a stand up picking on a little kid that just doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, and I don't really find him funny anyway. Not in the slightest.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
I laughed at the joke. It's funny! It's past the watershed for a reason.
My Gran adores Frankie Boyles jokes; she's got tickets for one of his 2011 gigs.
Original post by Onyx.
I didn't watch the clip because I can't get any sound but is it that he specially made a joke about Harvey himself? What kind of comedian is so desperate to garner a couple of laughs that he would specially target a disabled child?
Katie Price, however much I can't stand her has a right to be upset.

I'm not 100% against disabled jokes, they can be funny when done right but the ones I've laughed at have always been about disabled kids in general or disabled adults (Family Guy for example always takes the mick out of Stephen Hawkins). I know he was criticised for making that about downs syndrome but I actually didn't see a problem there--it is true to say that if you don't like it don't watch it. However, it must be horrible to hear your own child being ridiculed or laughed it. I'm trying to bear in mind that I haven't actually seen it but there's something about a stand up picking on a little kid that just doesn't sit right with me.

Oh, and I don't really find him funny anyway. Not in the slightest.

He said 'I have a theory Jordan married a cage fighter cos she needed someone strong enough to stop harvey from ****ing her'

it is quite horrible to the kid, he hasnt done anything wrong.
Reply 57
Frankie isnt that funny, he was funny on mock the week, but his stand up is just him trying to be as offensive as possible, by swearing and taking the piss, which is OK but its like his trying too hard.

On mock the week he was brilliant, but im not a fan of his stand up
Original post by Lewroll

As I said in my initial post, it's all ****ing fine. **** those that disagree, I don't want to have to burden Wikileaks with releasing comedians jokes next.
To be honest, whatever joke you make, you're going to offend somebody.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending