Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Im doing my project on the subject of patents, specifically for students. I was wondering what you thought of patents from a students perspective. Would you ever think of getting one if you had a great idea.

The way I see it is they cost too much, the protection they offer seems limited, and require thousands of pounds just to enforce them.

Id like to hear what you all think if you have an opinion on them.

James

ReputationRep:
    I thought that said "patients".
    I started thinking "Y'know, I've never felt the need to cure someone's illness up until now..."

ReputationRep:
    Haha I read it as parents! I thought ... well doesn't everyonehave one of those already?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've occasionally had (what I think are) brilliant idea which I want to develop further, but can't be bothered. Probably looked into getting a patent about twice over the last decade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naolo)
    Haha I read it as parents! I thought ... well doesn't everyonehave one of those already?? :confused:
    Oh man, so did I :/ I feel like a right retard now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.