The Student Room Group

Do people still play board games anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Scrabble ftw. I know all the 2 letter words. Come at me bro.
Reply 41
I play once a monopoly once a year on christmas day when with family :P Kinda a tradition now
i love board games :smile: but i always seem to lose all the pieces, so haven't played in aaages :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
In the past couple of years me and my mates have attempted to play Risk and Hero Quest. We can't play Risk anymore because one of my mates always (every time, i don't know how he does it) ends up with virtually no troops left shortly into the game, then he just dies very slowly, sulks and throws a wobbly when we mock him for sulking. And we can't play Hero Quest because the last game the players ended up fighting and killing one another (it'ssupposed to be the players versus the Dungeon Master and his minions, but we started fighting amongst ourselves) and now we associate that game with negativity.

I like to think we just added our own flavour to a somewhat normal board game :smile:
Reply 44
Of course they do. On Facebook and MSN.
Reply 45
on christmas day we got the original monopoly game out only to find that someone had robbed all the $500 notes :frown:

I will play backgammon regularly, and i've got a nice sexy leather board which i sometimes take around with me. Apart from that, I dont play board games.
Reply 46
Original post by daytona01

I will play backgammon regularly, and i've got a nice sexy leather board which i sometimes take around with me.

That's so darn classy.
Backgammon ftw.

Monopoly becomes violent.
Reply 48
Original post by Potiron
That's so darn classy.

lol its a decent way of getting to know people in uni from a geeky perspective :colondollar:

I've played my maths lecturer a few times, he's gooood but not as good as me :cool:

You can never go wrong with board games. I personally love them as I'm an incredibly competitive person...and my family are incredibly competitive people!

Of course over the festive periods are the most prominent board game times, but we've whipped them out on rainy weekends, birthdays and even a few holidays too. We're a tad sad...but I wouldn't have it any other way!

My personal favourites include, in no particular order:
Cranium
Trivial Persuit
Articulate
Pictionary
Reminiscence

But I'm pretty much game for anything really. My friends normally input a bit of twister at pretty much every party and there's always good old scrabble and chess for more relaxing days.

I just doing competitive, fun things with my family. These days that includes: board games, kareoke, the wii, the kinect, guitar hero, random sports...etc etc It may sound all a bit Von Trapp, but I do love it!
I played monopoly with a few good mates a couple months ago

a terrible mistake, never again
Snakes and ladders:coma:
Reply 52
Yep, I just won a game of scrabble. I play board games a bit at uni when there's not much to do - settlers is the best board game that there is. If you haven't played it you should try it.
Risk and Chess, occasionally monopoly.
Definitely. I don't really think Monopoly, Cluedo etc will ever get old :smile:
Reply 55
Backgammon, chess, scrabble and my favourite monopoly ;D
Never gets old.
Reply 56
Yes, whenever I can. I love them. :h:
Reply 57
Original post by daytona01
on christmas day we got the original monopoly game out only to find that someone had robbed all the $500 notes :frown:

I will play backgammon regularly, and i've got a nice sexy leather board which i sometimes take around with me. Apart from that, I dont play board games.

$500 dollar notes? Is there really such a thing?
Nobody i know does

which is a shame because i really miss playing monopoly =/
Reply 59
Although I don't play it myself my family (brother+cousins) have started playing The Settlers of Catan in the last few years at family get together. Also monopoly although it has a large weakness in being typically some what drawn out compleation method after a typically fairly early lead.

London game /Great game of Briton is also played.

Daniel
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending