The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bendtner, Squillaci and Eboue were simply awful yesterday.

Did you see some of the backpasses Seb offered to Szczesny? Looped up in the air, what the **** is a keeper supposed to do with that?

Not surprised Song was taken off, he's been playing a lot and seems to be returning to the excellent Song we saw last season.

Team for Wednesday will look something like this, I expect:

Szczesny

Eboue Squillaci Djourou Gibbs

Denilson Ramsey Diaby

Bendtner Chamakh Vela
I can't see why Wenger started Chamakh and Bendtner together yet again. Neither are in top form, they don't complement each other and they're both terrible on the wing. Add to the fact Rosicky, who has been very poor, was playing the creative role rather than Cesc or Nasri plus Arshavin's horribly out of form meant that we were always going to struggle on the final third. It will be interesting to see the team put out on Wednesday, it might be a good game for some players to try to get a decent performance in and gain confidence.
Well he did say the only signings we'd be making would be in defense..
Reply 1104
eboue, squillaci, DENILSON, arshavin, bendtner and to some extent rosicky were completely RUBBISH yesterday. Seriously these are players who are either REALLY not in form, very poor squad players, or just plain ****e (denilson). Wenger has to finally take his finger out of his arse and buy PROPER players instead of tehse average squad palyers. Strong CB needed, CLINICAL finisher and established striker needed and maybe one more in the middle than can run on the wings.
Huddersfield at home if we progress past Leeds, good draw.
Reply 1106
Original post by vn2009
Ur a fool

If he wants to win trophies there is a few clubs to be at and it definetly isn't Arsenal.
Protip- whole group of backups cant play together at all.

In other news, i want to burn OT to the ground more than ever.
Original post by Richiboi
Protip- whole group of backups cant play together at all.

In other news, i want to burn OT to the ground more than ever.

I've always wanted to do that :smile:
thoughts ? I still think hes leaving in the summer
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6647042,00.html
Original post by G550NDH

Does that count the league cup?
Reply 1111
Original post by G550NDH

It doesn't sound like he's very loyal: it sounds like he's already accepted he'll leave soon.

"Afterwards you can always be attracted by something else, like a new objective, or new challenges because, for me, life is all about challenges. "

But if you guys win some silverware this season he'll probably feel justified in going. If not, I think it's reasonably likely he'll go anyway. He's kind of paving the way for it here imo. Lame.
Reply 1113
Originally saw it on the Sky Sports transfer clockwatch thing but it seems to be on the official website too..

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/thierry-henry-training-with-arsenal-squad

Hopefully he can teach Bendtner a thing or two about scoring goals eh :colonhash:
Reply 1114
Bendtner is already the self proclaimed best player in the world :fyi: this means he does not need tips and shouldn't even be lowering himself to play with any player currently alive :fyi:
Bendtner > Henry

That's what the idiot thinks in his head

/discussion
Henrty > Every player to have ever played in the PL.

Factamundo.
Reply 1117
JK.
OP
Original post by ZizAli
If you watch a full 90 minute game and tell me that he looks good throughout then you haven no idea what it means to be a good footballer.

Out of interest, how often do you GO to games and watch the full 90mins?

The point I'm making isn't about being a ''proper fan'' or whatever, it's about what you actually see of the play. If you watched Walcott off the ball for large spells, which you can't do on tv, certainly not in great context to the surrounding players, you'd see just how much he scares the **** out of the players he comes up against. Nobody is saying he's a 'legend', as you proclaimed, but you've previously said he's useless and anyone who can put the fear in defences is not useless. He may not look good throughout a game due to his lack of technical ability on the ball, nobody is denying that. However, the fear he creates, his goalscoring ability and the combination of pace with the runs he makes (which he's shown can be smart - else he'd never get in behind opposing defences) all make him useful and currently an important part of our first team.
Arsene Wenger has been named 'manager of the decade' by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.

Manager Arsène Wenger has been voted the best coach in the world during the first decade of the twenty-first century by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).

The Frenchman was voted ahead of the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and José Mourinho, even though he has presided over six trophy-less years at Arsenal and during the same time, his compatriots have swept all before them.

Wenger won mainly due to successes in British football and the Premier League, but also for his belief in a specific concept of play, which the Frenchman holds dear.

The 61-year-old's style, dubbed 'Wengerball', has been advocated as the best style of football in the world, and always with the philosophy of developing young talent.

It is important to also note that whilst Wenger hasn't delivered the trophies recently, he has presided over what could be described as the most prosperous period of the club's history.

Arsenal has moved from their Highbury Stadium to a world class stadium at the Emirates Stadium, and posted record profits every year.

The full list and results are as follows:

1. Arsène Wenger (FRA) 156 points
2. Alex Ferguson (ESC) 148
3. José Mourinho (POR) 135
4. Fabio Capello (ITA) 120
5. Guus Hiddink (NED) 112
6. Carlo Ancelotti (ITA) 108
7. Luiz Felipe Scolari (BRA) 101
8. Marcelo Bielsa (ARG) 101
9. Rafael Benitez (ESP) 97
10. Marcello Lippi (ITA) 88
11. Vicente del Bosque (ESP) 85
12. Frank Rijkaard (NED) 80
13. Sven-Goran Eriksson (SWE) 79
14. Karel Brückner (CZE) 76
15. Carlos Alberto Parreira (BRA) 65

Link: http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3109811/Wenger-voted-Best-World-Football-Manager-of-Decade.html
How did Sven get into that list? Did he win titles with Lazio or whatever?

Latest