The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Subject: English
College: King's
Decision: Pooled
How did I find out? Email (I'm international)
How do you feel? I was expecting a rejection, now I just have to wait longer. What if I really do have a chance? I really don't know what to make of it!
Subject: Classics
College: Magdalene
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional (A*/A in Latin and Greek, A in something else)
How did you find out and how do you feel? Letter waiting for me when I got home - opened it and the first thing I saw was a staple, and the sheet that says 'If you want to apply for an instrumental award...' so I had my suspicions. So happy! Think the boyfriend may actually be more excited though, somehow! :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Subject: Philosophy
College: Newnham
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional A*AA (in philosophy, maths and biology or chemistry)
How did you find out and how do you feel? I phoned my mum from school and asked her to open it and tell me - I couldn't stand the tension. :tongue: I'm really, really happy, although worrying about meeting the offer!
Reply 83
Subject: Theology and Religious Studies
College: Clare
Decision: Conditional Offer A*AA
My dad text me during lunch :smile: there was a lot of screaming in the canteen!
Subject: Geography
College: St Catherines
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional A*AA
How did you find out and how do you feel? Letter after school today. Threw my piece of paper in the air and shouted "GET IN!". I feel that sums it up
Reply 85
Subject: Economics
College: Christ's
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional Offer, A*AA (excluding general studies obviously, but no subject specified)
How did you find out and how do you feel? Found out by letter today, thankful more than anything, :adore:. Incredibly happy though :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by samprop

Original post by samprop
College: Gonville & Caius
Decision: Offer:dance: A* (Maths or F.Maths) AA (Economics and Maths/F.Maths)

OMG, took ages to open the letter! (was a wreck) Woooooooo!

OMG!! I got the same offer as urs from Caius!!!!

Decision: offer A*AA
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Subject: Nat Sci. Phys
College: Sidney
Decision: Offer (Unconditional I guess - not at home but A*A*A*A*A for A-level)

Any other Sidney folks feel free to hit me a pm with your good news.
Subject: Land Economy
College: Magdalene
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional! A* in economics A A
How did you find out and how do you feel? Email, Amazing, shouted out loud in the silent study room and ran to my friends and teachers in their classes :P
Reply 89
Subject: Phys NatSci
College: Pembroke
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Rejection
How did you find out and how do you feel? Got a text from my dad mid morning, told him to drive up to my school so I could have my letter there and then. Wasn't the best feeling in the world if I'm honest. Had to walk back into maths with everyone looking at me waiting haha. My birthday as well :frown:
Subject: Biological NatSci
College: Clare
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional A*AA
How did you find out and how do you feel?
Got a text from home at lunch, then suffered the longest biology lesson of my life. Screamed when I opened the (thick-ish) letter, then found out that my mum, brother, sister and my sister's friend had spent the afternoon trying to read the letter through the envelope :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Subject: History
Offer: Conditional
How did you find out and how do you feel? I burst out sobbing because my mum had secretly opened my post, found out i got in, then pretended i hadnt got any post so im still in shock when she gave me my letter! I feel over the moon :smile: congratulations to everyone to everyone who has also got offers today!
Reply 92
Subject: Engineering
College : Jesus
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Pooled.
How did you find out and how do you feel? : Got the letter, read the first line, thought I had been rejected, read the second line, saw that I was pooled, so a bit better. Still pretty devastated.
Reply 93
Subject: Natural Sciences (Physical)
College: Jesus
Conditional/Unconditional offer, Rejection or Pool: Pooled.
How did you find out and how do you feel?:
Well I've come to terms with it now, cos I thought it was a rejection after initially seeing 'We're very sorry', but to come back from that low and realise I'd been pooled is a nicer feeling, although I did cry a bit that I hadn't quite made the cut for an offer.
I had tried to be realistic about my chances since I sent off the UCAS but since my friends (Oxford) got offers I got really excited about hearing back and I genuinely thought it could have been an offer when my mum said the letter had about 3 pages... alas it was just the FAQ for pooling. :/
Reply 94
Subject: Physical NatSci
College: Churchill
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Conditional Offer (A*AA with A* in FM, Chemistry or Physics)
How did you find out and how do you feel? My mum brought it into school at lunchtime. I feel amazing, since I din't expect to get in at all! Except now I've got to actually do some work to get that A*...
Subject: Biological Natural Sciences
College: Selwyn
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool:
Conditional Offer (A*AAB with A* in Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics, the B in Further Mathematics)

How did you find out and how do you feel?
I got my mother to open the letter when she got home on her lunch break - my response to finding out I had a Cambridge offer whilst standing outside in the pouring rain was to jump in the nearest puddle, ask her about four times if she was joking, scream hysterically, forget the door code in my excitement and resort to climbing through the window, then run into the common room to be rewarded with a massive group hug <333

(which is a very longwinded way of saying I feel *fantastic*. I was so prepared to get rejected I didn't really have a response to getting in- the shock's worn off now though!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96
College: Jesus
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: Rejection
How did you find out and how do you feel? Rang up my parents to see if the post had arrived; it had, and we'd already agreed that they would open the later.
A bit disappointed, not the end of the world. Disappointment has increased exponentially since though, for a variety of reasons
Reply 97
Subject: History
College: Trinity Hall
Conditional/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool: CONDITIONAL OFFER!! (A*AA)

How do you feel? Deliriously happy!
Reply 98
Subject: Engineering
College: Trinity
Conditional Offer: Yet to receive

I feel great! :smile:
Treated my friends for supper!
Reply 99
College: Corpus Christi
Conditiona/Unconditional offer, rejection or pool:
Conditional Offer (Hungarian Érettségi)
How did you find out and how do you feel? Found out 4 hours ago by email, I still can't believe it.

Latest

Trending

Trending