The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

2011/12 Postgraduates

Any other future St Andrews postgraduates here? If yes, in what program?

I'll be studying Peace and Conflict Studies (MLitt).

Scroll to see replies

I applied for 'MSc Conversion to Psychology'. I haven't heard back from them yet :s-smilie:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Seelentherapie

I applied for 'MSc Conversion to Psychology'. I haven't heard back from them yet :s-smilie:

When did you apply? It takes a good 6 weeks to hear back, probably longer over the holidays and New Year's.

From Germany as well? :smile:
Original post by Miss_Washington
When did you apply? It takes a good 6 weeks to hear back, probably longer over the holidays and New Year's.

From Germany as well? :smile:

On the 13th of December (my birthday lol). Really? ;_; I heard from others that it only took 2-3 weeks ... ugh ._.

Ja, du auch? :biggrin: Ich mach meinen B.A allerdings grad in England.
On the 13th of December (my birthday lol). Really? ;_; I heard from others that it only took 2-3 weeks ... ugh ._.

Ja, du auch? :biggrin: Ich mach meinen B.A allerdings grad in England.

No way! Guess when my birthday is!

Ha, so there's going to be at least two Germans. I hear it's a pretty international student community with lots of Americans and Germans (ich hab einen Master in den USA gemacht, also bin ich von beidem etwas :wink: ...)

I wouldn't worry that you haven't heard anything yet. They probably closed the admissions office over break. But if you are worried, just contact them and enquire about the status of your application :smile:
No way! Guess when my birthday is!

Ha, so there's going to be at least two Germans. I hear it's a pretty international student community with lots of Americans and Germans (ich hab einen Master in den USA gemacht, also bin ich von beidem etwas :wink: ...)

I wouldn't worry that you haven't heard anything yet. They probably closed the admissions office over break. But if you are worried, just contact them and enquire about the status of your application :smile:

Hah, seriously? XD Welch ein Zufall!

I'm not really worried, I'm just really really impatient. It has only been two working weeks in december and they started working again last wednesday (yes, I did look that up :biggrin: ) soo... it has been more or less three weeks waiting time now. I already got an offer from another University but I'd much rather do my MSc at St. Andrews!

Did you get your offer via email?
(edited 13 years ago)
Hah, seriously? XD Welch ein Zufall!

I'm not really worried, I'm just really really impatient. It has only been two working weeks in december and they started working again last wednesday (yes, I did look that up :biggrin: ) soo... it has been more or less three weeks waiting time now. I already got an offer from another University but I'd much rather do my MSc at St. Andrews!

Did you get your offer via email?

I think I got my offer by snail mail, but I applied before they started using the online application system. What university did you get an offer from?
I think I got my offer by snail mail, but I applied before they started using the online application system. What university did you get an offer from?

Ah, okay. Well, I'll just keep frantically checking my inbox and waiting for the postman everyday :biggrin:

Sunderland, which is where I'm doing my B.A now.
Ah, okay. Well, I'll just keep frantically checking my inbox and waiting for the postman everyday :biggrin:

Sunderland, which is where I'm doing my B.A now.

I wish you the very best of luck :smile: Keep me posted!
I wish you the very best of luck :smile: Keep me posted!

Thanks! :smile: I will.
Reply 10

Any other future St Andrews postgraduates here? If yes, in what program?

I'll be studying Peace and Conflict Studies (MLitt).

My application was also before the curve, so I found out a couple months ago.

I will be doing the Medieval Literature MLitt in the fall!
Original post by cf27

Great, so I'll see you then!
Reply 12

Great, so I'll see you then!

Have you done much research into the accommodation? I've just started looking at the options..
Original post by cf27
Have you done much research into the accommodation? I've just started looking at the options..

Well, I tried, but the info on the university website (and elsewhere) is not super extensive. I'll try to go for self-catered for financial reasons and also because I prefer the flexibility of deciding when and what to eat. Gregory Place would be perfect, Albany Park my second choice. How about you?
Reply 14
I have been facing the same problem! I emailed the accommodation department to try and get some additional information but haven't heard back. I am fluctuating between catered and non-catered, they both have perks. I liked Gregory Place/Dean's Court as a first choice and I also was thinking Albany Park as a second.

I do want to know more about the University leased accommodation, just to satisfy curiosity and to make sure I have all the details before applying. It is just hard being in America and having no funds for a uni visit.
Original post by cf27
I do want to know more about the University leased accommodation, just to satisfy curiosity and to make sure I have all the details before applying. It is just hard being in America and having no funds for a uni visit.

I know! It was always a bit difficult to find accommodation in the U.S. from Germany or at one U.S. coast from the other, but in the end I always found something. I probably won't have time and funds to visit St Andrews in advance either.
Reply 16
Original post by cf27

I will also be doing the MLitt in Medieval Literature and am from the US. I haven't decided yet if I want to live in university accommodation or rent off campus. I'm leaning towards off campus as I have a cat and I would like to bring her.
Hey guys, I've applied to an MLitt in the History department :smile: Anyone have any experience of how long I'll be waiting before I hear back?
Right, I just sent my translated transcript to them (it took ages to get all the documents from my old uni in germany) so now I'm back to waiting yet again :frown:
Hi, I'm Daria (coming from Moscow, Russia) and i will be doing MLitt in Marketing. I am just as curious about the accomodation options. Does anyone think about standard or en-suite rooms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending