The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think this thread is nice! We all need a bit boost to help us through the whole process here. I know, it's not the end of the world if you den't get a place but after all, it's good to realise one's own abilities and strengths as well as weaknesses.

It's not about boasting about how good you are and how all the other applicants are unimportant. But we have to believe in ourselves, don't we?
Reply 41
drsmeeth
See this is precisely why this thread is so stupid. It's big heads justifying their own super inflated egos, 'inadvertantly' making others feel intellectually inferior, in order to make themselves feel better about the fact they still haven't received offers.

Syntax, I highly hope you get into UCL and KCL and puncture some egos around here.
--------------

Why bother starting it then?

Well the first thing I said was negative, my grades really aren't as good as the majority of the other people here. Furthermore I didn't want to make anybody feel inferior, that is the last thing I wanted to do...

Maybe It was a stupid idea making this thread, I didn't want people boasting and I truly don't think i was boasting in my post. If I was I would like to apologise.

Why I started this thread? Because I wanted to know why people thought they should be accepted. A friend asked me the question at school, two days ago and I spent a long time thinking about it...

p.s.: I am not applying to UCL or KCL. (maybe you weren't referring to me, but i thought you were)
Reply 42
No...I was talking to Syntax, as was indicated by stating his name before my comment. Unless Syntax is an Austrian name, in which case, cool name. (Though I'm pretty sure your name isn't syntax).

No worries you funny Austrian guy, you.
Reply 43
ah yes, actually I was wondering why you wrote that...

No worries! I think there is a lot of "I still haven't got offers from where I want to go"-Stress in the air :smile:
Reply 44
What is your name austrian guy
Reply 45
drsmeeth
What is your name austrian guy

Fabian (I'm half english so you can pronounce it either the English or the Austrian way). My second given name is Guy, having that name in Austria is quite tough at times...

and you?
Reply 46
Fabian is legendary. I'm gonna rep you simply for having a great name. If anyone else wants rep, they should have good names also.

Mine's Alex, but everyone calls me Ally.
Reply 47
Lol Mine's Anne :p: Nothing rep-worthy, I'm afraid :wink:
Reply 48
Anne?
You disgust me!
But hey you're German aren't you, so maybe you have a rep-worthy surname?
Reply 49
drsmeeth
Fabian is legendary. I'm gonna rep you simply for having a great name. If anyone else wants rep, they should have good names also.

Mine's Alex, but everyone calls me Ally.

well thanks a lot. By the way, I have 3 cousins called Alex...

EDIT: WOHOO 100th post!!! :tsr:
Reply 50
Anne?
You disgust me!

If its *UK*06 thats pretty cool, cos you might be a robot...
Reply 51
I've reduced this thread to chaos.....
Reply 52
Threads like these are ego inflating but maybe for a reason. IMO it's like a really "warm" cold shower waking those who havent got their offers (yet) up from the trance like state that is dispair.

Till it all becomes a power trip.... :marchmell

Edit: omg.. the thread didnt update.... so behind the times..

Eric isnt as cool as Fabian :doh:
Reply 53
why, are you called eric? Eric reminds me of the bashstreet kids for some reason, even though I don't remember there being one called eric. or maybe there was. Or eric clapton...i dont know.
Reply 54
drsmeeth
Anne?
You disgust me!

OUCH :frown: lol I do have a very rare surname :p: It's French :wink: But I'm not gonna say :p:
Reply 55
anne i love ur surname its really nice!
i have a rubbish surname, everyone's always like 'are you relted to paul?' i'm like no :rolleyes:
Reply 56
drsmeeth
why, are you called eric? Eric reminds me of the bashstreet kids for some reason, even though I don't remember there being one called eric. or maybe there was. Or eric clapton...i dont know.

yup I am. Eric Clapton *shudders* (bashstreet kids?!)
Reply 57
*Emily*
anne i love ur surname its really nice!
i have a rubbish surname, everyone's always like 'are you relted to paul?' i'm like no :rolleyes:

Haha, thanks :p: I was like "How does she know?" and then I remembered Alanis :biggrin: lol
Reply 58
my surname's french too....

Your last name McCartney?
Reply 59
drsmeeth
my surname's french too....

Your last name McCartney?

I thought the same. I'm guessing: Emily McCartney and Anne Morissette

Latest

Trending

Trending