The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 4 January 2011

How is everybody's revision going for this exam and what are you doing to prepare for the HSW nature of this paper? :grin: I would recommend doing relevant questions from the unit 4 and unit 5 legacy papers for practice. :yep:

(Oops, forgot to put this is for A2. :yep:)
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sparkly-Star
How is everybody's revision going for this exam and what are you doing to prepare for the HSW nature of this paper? :grin: I would recommend doing relevant questions from the unit 4 and unit 5 legacy papers for practice. :yep:

what do u mean by unit 4 and unit 5 legacy papers. o ye and since this is a ne sylabus theres only 2 past papers. do u know where i can find the past papers for the old syllabus, and what was the last sylabus units called. i thought it may come in help if i looked over those to.
Reply 2
Original post by sofiakousar
what do u mean by unit 4 and unit 5 legacy papers. o ye and since this is a ne sylabus theres only 2 past papers. do u know where i can find the past papers for the old syllabus, and what was the last sylabus units called. i thought it may come in help if i looked over those to.

They are basically past papers from the old syllabus and there are questions relevant to our syllabus. :yep: Just go on the AQA website and to normally where you would go for biology and it's on the tab that says 6461 materials. :yep:
Reply 3
They are basically past papers from the old syllabus and there are questions relevant to our syllabus. :yep: Just go on the AQA website and to normally where you would go for biology and it's on the tab that says 6461 materials. :yep:

thanks. r u doing this exam on 24th to.
Reply 4
Original post by sofiakousar
thanks. r u doing this exam on 24th to.

Yep of course! That's why I made the thread in the first place. :laugh: :p:
Reply 5
Yep of course! That's why I made the thread in the first place. :laugh: :p:

thats what i was thinking :colondollar:
Reply 6
how do you start a thread.

thanks for the info! really useful :biggrin:
do you have any advice how to revise properly the HSW part for this unit? Especially the evaluation part.. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by moniquesungirl
thanks for the info! really useful :biggrin:
do you have any advice how to revise properly the HSW part for this unit? Especially the evaluation part.. :s-smilie:

If a question asks you to evaluate you can argue both sides of the argument. :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Here's the question paper and markscheme for june 2010 if anyone needs it :smile: i hate hsw, so i'm just going to be doing loads of exam practice
Hey where did you get June 2010 paper and mark scheme - it's not on the AQA website?
Reply 11
Which past papers are best for practising Unit 4 questions?
Reply 12
can anybody help with this:

(c) In a population, 168 had red wings (dominant) and 32 had black wings (recessive). Showing your working in each case, calculate the frequency of:
(i) the r allele;

(ii) the R allele.

answers are 0.4 and 0.6 but i got 0.16 for i).......

never mind - i realised i've worked out rr, so need to square root for r. duh =)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by willmarsh92

Original post by willmarsh92
Hey where did you get June 2010 paper and mark scheme - it's not on the AQA website?

No, it's not on the AQA website. I got it from my school.

(Oops, forgot to put this is for A2. :yep:)

It's going terribly for me, been too preoccupied with resits so I haven't looked at bio4 for like a week!

I'm so stressed out, and to think that dreadful exam will be followed by chemistry4!
:frown:
Original post by diskohuelga
It's going terribly for me, been too preoccupied with resits so I haven't looked at bio4 for like a week!

I'm so stressed out, and to think that dreadful exam will be followed by chemistry4!
:frown:

Same, I have exactly the same situation as you and on top of that I have C3 on the same day as bio 4... I honestly don't know how I am going to cover everything. :cry2:
Same, I have exactly the same situation as you and on top of that I have C3 on the same day as bio 4... I honestly don't know how I am going to cover everything. :cry2:

I feel like I've forgotten everything. Did a paper today and have yet to mark it, I'm not hoping for too high a mark though. I'm also hating on the HSW format, it's like they're doing it to the excess. i have no hope left at all. my optimism left me behind 2 weeks ago!

now contemplating whether to rush my presentation for tomorrow (doss), or do an all nighter revising bio. arghhhhh. :frown:

good luck sparkly.
Original post by diskohuelga
I feel like I've forgotten everything. Did a paper today and have yet to mark it, I'm not hoping for too high a mark though. I'm also hating on the HSW format, it's like they're doing it to the excess. i have no hope left at all. my optimism left me behind 2 weeks ago!

now contemplating whether to rush my presentation for tomorrow (doss), or do an all nighter revising bio. arghhhhh. :frown:

good luck sparkly.

I would say leave the presentation and revise for bio. It has been for me a week since I concentrated on bio 4 and I can't remember a thing, chem 4 is even worse. :cry2: Thanks, you too. :cry2:
Nearly went over chapter 7 and 8... :cry2:
Reply 19
This exam is purely down to luck everyone. Dont waste your time revising. just make sure u knw the basics.
Watch after the exam, you will all agree.

Why u giving me neg rep for fools. Watch after the exam. Better positive rep me then

Hahahaha told all of you. Lots of HSW stuff on there not much knowledge questions. Let the positive rep take in baby :smile: yeeehhaaa
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending