The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

i just wanted to say that i love spurs
Soldiering on.

New stadium is absolutely mint btw. Massive crowd still drinking behind the stand 90 minutes after FT.
Great result after rotating the team.

I wonder if Pep will think he can rotate as much for Crystal Palace..
Tottenham is still playing two times against Manchester City: the return leg in Champions League and in Premier League. Is the team able to botch the Citizen both Championship and Champions League? would really be nice!
Original post by Kallisto
Tottenham is still playing two times against Manchester City: the return leg in Champions League and in Premier League. Is the team able to botch the Citizen both Championship and Champions League? would really be nice!

I think Poch will put everything into the game tonight. Everyone in the top 4 race is faltering so what is another loss in the league?

With Ajax having knocked out Juventus.. Pochettino will fancy reaching his first CL final!
Original post by Zerforax
I think Poch will put everything into the game tonight. Everyone in the top 4 race is faltering so what is another loss in the league?

With Ajax having knocked out Juventus.. Pochettino will fancy reaching his first CL final!

Before dreaming of the final, Tottenham has to move into semi-final first. :biggrin:

Another surprise in the last four makes me happy. :smile: And it would be, if Tottenham did it after the return leg.
Do you think we will bottle and have no cojones tonight. I think Son got sent back to North Korea. And might not be able to see the goal tonight
Shaking. Every single one of those boys became men tonight. The rapid start. Settled a bit to half time. Under the cosh all second half, conceded then Nando scored. Wanyama an absolute rock. Son. Still underrated. No signings. Injuries. THIS TEAM!
Friedl
Dawson Gallas Assou-Ekotte Bassong
Lennon Huddlestone Jenas Mason O'Hara
Bent Pavylchenko

Miss those days man
Reply 5009
Is this The Tot Hot Soc?
What a result and performance.

Hopefully Poch gets some money to spend this summer cos he's done a fantastic job on a limited budget/spend.
What a result and performance.

Hopefully Poch gets some money to spend this summer cos he's done a fantastic job on a limited budget/spend.

This.

Just a bit more time and money and Tottenham is a match in fighting for championship next season. The revenues from half-final should be invested in good players.
This.

Just a bit more time and money and Tottenham is a match in fighting for championship next season. The revenues from half-final should be invested in good players.

Man City pay their squad £60-100mil lower than the other top 6 sides. I don't think it will be so easy to bridge.
Man City pay their squad £60-100mil lower than the other top 6 sides. I don't think it will be so easy to bridge.

Lower? guess you meant higher in the sense of Man City as the top of footballer's paying wages in comparison to the other six clubs in Premier League. Or just the transfer fee?
Lower? guess you meant higher in the sense of Man City as the top of footballer's paying wages in comparison to the other six clubs in Premier League. Or just the transfer fee?

Sorry meant Spurs (delete ref to Man City).

I think Spurs pay £60mil lower in wages than Arsenal - £160mil vs. £220mil and the other clubs are over £260mil in wage bills.

There comes a point when players like Kane and Alli will have their heads turned by wages which are double what Spurs can offer. Similarly other players could probably treble their money by moving. Look at Walker to Man City.
Sorry meant Spurs (delete ref to Man City).

I think Spurs pay £60mil lower in wages than Arsenal - £160mil vs. £220mil and the other clubs are over £260mil in wage bills.

There comes a point when players like Kane and Alli will have their heads turned by wages which are double what Spurs can offer. Similarly other players could probably treble their money by moving. Look at Walker to Man City.

That is always the crunch point for clubs like Tottenham, namely compete with the wage bill of footballers. Sooner or later it is just a consequence and a matter of time that the best footballers leaving Tottenham. That is why it is (almost) impossible for the Spurs to build a strong team up, so the only one what they can do is to replace the gone players to keep the level in the squad. Or am I wrong?
That is always the crunch point for clubs like Tottenham, namely compete with the wage bill of footballers. Sooner or later it is just a consequence and a matter of time that the best footballers leaving Tottenham. That is why it is (almost) impossible for the Spurs to build a strong team up, so the only one what they can do is to replace the gone players to keep the level in the squad. Or am I wrong?

I suppose the new stadium with increased revenues and new commercial deals associated with it are to try and help bridge the financial gap?

As Man Utd have shown, just because you have lots of money, doesn't mean you will spend it properly.
Does anyone actually want to finish top 4?!
Does anyone actually want to finish top 4?!

Don't be silly.
Reply 5019
No comment here for a week, what's going on?

Just heard that some TH fans have been moved out of ArenA, they were having a beer fest.

Are those two facts connected?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest