The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
you should be ok zima, i mean looking at ur grades theyre pretty much same as mine , i did have slightly higher predicted (4 A's). As long as u had good ref. and ps i reckon u shud get an offer.
Reply 41
Yeah, got an unconditional offer to do accounting and finance at Man Met. So relieved over the whole thing. UCAS and the whole application process blows, hard.
Reply 42
Hi, I got offer today from Cardiff ABB for Accounting and Finance, however, My predicted are ABC, I do have a good selection of work exp such as HSBC etc. I was wondering if there would be a chance of an offer from Manchester, thats my main objective Uni. I see people being helpful about offers etc, but it would be even better if predicteds were listed as well as the offer. Thanks
Reply 43
hello..

--------------

Does anyone know when will warwick start giving out offers?? Its really killing me!!
Reply 44
got my first offer yesterday. A&F at manchester. Grades - ABB. still want nottingham though. Whats everyones opinion on, manchester v nottingham for accounting and finance???
Reply 45
my second offer today - Nottingham(ABB). puzzled between Nottingham and Manchester. Anyone got an opinion??
Reply 46
I would say Nottingham....
Reply 47
whats your reason? better job prospects? better bussiness school and facilities?
Reply 48
I wish i would have sent my application off earlier, well done to everyone that has received offers so far but it annoys me when they say all applications treated equally until January yet offers are already being given. Nothing against any of you, its my own fault i know.
Reply 49
Notts has a nicer campus!! Really lovely!
Btw gotten my offer from bristol- BBB!! yeay!!
No need to wait to LSE.. Im very happy now!
Reply 50
hey, has ne1 got offers for accounting and finance @ lse yet
Reply 51
Just got rejected from Bath for A&F. This was my 6th choice uni as i didnt really want to go there but when i saw 'Unsuccessful' my heart sank. I am now positive that i will get rejected from Bristol and Exeter.
Reply 52
tek290
Just got rejected from Bath for A&F. This was my 6th choice uni as i didnt really want to go there but when i saw 'Unsuccessful' my heart sank. I am now positive that i will get rejected from Bristol and Exeter.

If you don't mind, what were your GCSEs and AS grades? And what other unis that you have applied to?
Reply 53
Cant really remember my GCSE's off the top of my head. For AS i got AABC.

Although i now realise that i got a rejection because they require an A in Maths at A-level.
Reply 54
who here still hasnt heard from warwick, they taking their time. Its been a good 2 and a half months..
Reply 55
I've heard from Warwick but to this date only 3 people from my college have gotten a reply from Warwick (2 offer, 1 rejection). Why does this happen? Why some people are given early replies but others are still pending? How's the selection process done in Warwick?
Reply 56
how many people from your college applied?? i dont know, maybe the strong applicants get an offer straight away, the weak ones with a rejection and anyone in between might get put on hold until after ucas closes and theyve received all their applicants. im still hoping...
Reply 57
i'm still waiting for a reply aswell. I keep thinkin they're gonna do a mass rejection! But i ain't too hopefull as i'm only doing 3 a-levels
Reply 58
isnt 3 alevels quite normal. Im doing 4, 1 of which is general studies which they have clearly stated they dont accept so im in the same boat as you. i hope they go on an offers spree rather an a rejection spree. Anyone here studying A&F at Wawrick who started last year??? if so when did you get your offers??
Reply 59
zima_01
how many people from your college applied?? i dont know, maybe the strong applicants get an offer straight away, the weak ones with a rejection and anyone in between might get put on hold until after ucas closes and theyve received all their applicants. im still hoping...

Around 30-40 people applied to Warwick from my college for Accounting and Finance, Business or Economics. And like I said only 3 have gotten replies.

chrissay88
i'm still waiting for a reply aswell. I keep thinkin they're gonna do a mass rejection! But i ain't too hopefull as i'm only doing 3 a-levels

I'm doing 3 A-levels, Maths, Econs, Accounting and Eng Lit at AS.. The guy that got rejected had Thinking Skills as his AS and that might the reason he got rejected cos like zimma said they have clearly stated that they do not accept TS and GS.

Good Luck guys!

--------------

But I'm considering Bristol over Warwick. Don't know whether that's a good idea.. *sigh*

Latest

Trending

Trending