The Student Room Group

at what age does virginity become weird?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
There is no age. It depends really on the situation. I think it is different for women and men.
I met this hot guy at a party last summer and he asked me out- I accepted, he was cool but after a couple of dates I was like....so??? d'ya wanna come back to mine.....That was when he told me he was a virgin!!! He was 23 and I'm 26. I was sooooo put off!!! I didn't want to take his virginity as I wasn't that into him! - so I dumped him and gave him the old 'it's me' line. Sounds mean but I thought that as he had waited that long he may as well do it with someone special and I wasn't looking to get into a realtionship.
Tricky question, depends on situation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Alcibiades
I'm coming up for 25 and haven't had more than a bj, keep trying to save up for a prozzie but food prices keep going up.

hahahahah
Persoanlly I'd say 14. Or is that just me? :/
Reply 63
Original post by shinytoy
well?

im 25 and still one. when i was younger i used to think 20 was the cut-off, then when i was 20 i thought 25 is kinda weird. now im 25 and foreseeably will probably still be one when im say 29/30 becaus im waiting for marriage and havent had a monogamous relationship for the last 6 or 7 years.

obviously there is the hideous film saying 40 is too old.

but if you met an attractive dude/girl and got chatting and dating and they revealed their virginity to you, what is the maximum age would they have to be for you to think "omg that is toooo weird im outta here...."

I know virgins who are seriously hot!! :wink: and are in no way Amish. (as sugested above)
Not everyone meets the right person and some people are just plain shy! The moment comes when it comes.
Better to meet someone who really cares about you on the first time, then someone who just wants to get freaky!!! If some one really cares about you then nothing about you can be weird (trust me) and age has nothing to do with it
Big up to you!
Reply 64
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
why are you waiting for marriage? what's the actual point? sex is natural and you shouldn't be surpressing the urges unnaturally like you are doing. you're clearly insecure about it and aren't strong enough to ignore other people's views if you're creating this thread.

also, in b4 96.

Suppressing urges is natural. We've all had the urge to steal, to kill, to hurt people (no I am not comparing sex to these). However there is nothing wrong with suppressing urges based on your own personal moral compass. No I do not agree with people who wait purely because of religion however there is nothing wrong with people who wait for personal reasons. If anything sex has become the opposite of what it used to be. People like you try and act like their is no emotional involvement in sex. Like it is just a manifestation of biological urges and you can have it and be done.

The issue here is not with her waiting but with you being so adamant that she doesn't wait ? Why are you so keen for her not to wait exactly ?

Edit: In answer to the thread I know a girl who will never be having sex. She's completely normal girl and gets lots of male attention yet she is still not going to do it ever. There is no age when virginity becomes weird. If anything thinking being yourself is weird is what's wrong with social pressures today.

Sex is perceived differently by everyone. Sex is generally perceived far more emotionally by women than men as well. So all the women out there that think being as sexual as men means you are "equal" to them, it's actually more likely to indicate emotional issues in you.

Before anyone negs me at least read the source (Which was wrote by a woman if it matters)

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a782564540~tab=citations
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by pipster93
Okay...

Babies touching their bits is not the same as masturbating! Babies are innocent and curious - masturbation, through the eyes of a catholic, is sinful as it is improper use of sexual organs. It's kind of like why catholics frown upon gays - the whole "love the sinner, hate the sin" thing - because they see it as improper use of sexual organs. BECAUSE it doesn't have any possibility of leading to pregnancy. So using vibrators as a way of getting around sex is just as bad as having sex itself (and in a way, worse, as at least proper sex has the possibility of it's proper outcome).

P.S - I really don't care what sort of vibrators you own. God does, though...

P.P.S - Learn to spell.

god doesnt exist and i know this because i jack off 3 times a day and 5 times a day if the missus isnt putting out and i dont think that god has a problem with this because he wouldnt of made me a raging sex machine otherwise.
I opted for 21-23, but that is my personal opinion and I think it would really depend on each person.

I was 18 when I lost my virginity and it was the right time for me, but everyone is different.
I think that if you have simply never had a serious partner or not met anyone you liked so much in that way, I understand someone being a virgin. I do think it is slightly strange when people have a partner though, but just never want to do it before marriage (because I don't think sex is a big deal), but again, that is their choice. No universal right or wrong!

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. I actually think it is sadder when young-mid teens think they have to do it asap just for the sake of doing it! There is too much pressure on young people to just have sex and lose their virginity...
(edited 13 years ago)
fornication is the worst sin because it is the only one that occurs inside the body, plus the obvis probs re sanctity of marriage and pregnancy as per Theology of the Body by Pope JP2. But where in the bible does it say masturbation is mortal sin? Surely itis the lesser evil given the reasoning above? Plus babies touch thwir bits, are they damned to hell? Do you kno any catholics who dont w@nk or fornicate? Thought not. The Lord gave me a body for myself and im not hurting anyone am i?plus they are really small beanie bullet vibies.

Well that is completely wrong. You clearly have a messed up view of Catholicism and are trying to make yourself feel better by twisting things. A baby doesn't masturbate or engage in sexual thoughts and actions, the fact you even draw a parallel is beyond stupid. And yes the bible does mention masturbation, simply look at translations which use the words fornication to indicate masturbation. No it isn't the lesser evil, in Christianity isn't stealing as big a sin as a white lie? Its not the gravity of sin but the sin itself. Yes I do know catholics who don't do either of those things, and judging from some of the Christian threads in the past on TSR, there are a lot of Christians who don't masturbate or have sex before marriage. Of course, my being atheist it is not my concern. I like the way you said "Thought not" as if I had replied :rolleyes: No, the "Lord" whoever that is, gave you a flesh to contain the soul, the flesh is to be resisted because it tempts and is destructive and the soul is to be holy and clean. Basic Christian teachings, honestly you really are either a hugely confused and sinful catholic or you are one very large troll. Either way, it is sad....
Reply 68
It doesn't matter what age you are.
well?

im 25 and still one. when i was younger i used to think 20 was the cut-off, then when i was 20 i thought 25 is kinda weird. now im 25 and foreseeably will probably still be one when im say 29/30 becaus im waiting for marriage and havent had a monogamous relationship for the last 6 or 7 years.

obviously there is the hideous film saying 40 is too old.

but if you met an attractive dude/girl and got chatting and dating and they revealed their virginity to you, what is the maximum age would they have to be for you to think "omg that is toooo weird im outta here...."

Jeez. Is there no under 18 option? I am 17 and a virgin, and I am considered extremely weird. I wish I was kidding... My cousin who is younger than me, recently just announced she was pregnant, and over 15 girls my age I know have one of more children already. Woah.
Reply 70
I'm gonna be a sop and say never really. I'm a dude, and regret not being one previously to being in my first very long term relationship. If i had waited, we'de both be happier a lot more and she'de be less insecure about things. If in doubt, wait! :wink:
Reply 71
why are you waiting for marriage? what's the actual point? sex is natural and you shouldn't be surpressing the urges unnaturally like you are doing. you're clearly insecure about it and aren't strong enough to ignore other people's views if you're creating this thread.

also, in b4 96.

Defecating's natural, too, but you wouln't just do it the second the urge catches you, would you?
no - you're waiting because of a figment of your imagination.

I'm guessing you went to a religious school of some sort?

Just let people what they want to believe. Additionally, you don't have to go to a religious school to believe in God.

OP, I think it's admirable to wait till marriage if that's what you believe in.
Reply 73
it depends where you live - in some areas 16 is unusual.
Reply 74
im 26 in a few months and i will wait until i am married!!! dudes who struggle with this, your hormones REALLY die down after 25
Why should it be weird?

Some people may choose not to have sex, out of personal preference.

Who are we to judge them?
Reply 76
It's a very personal decision and one that I feel only you should make. You shouldn't feel pressured into losing your virginity by a certain age. People should do what feels right for them and if it never has and they're 40, 50, 60... whatever!
im 26 in a few months and i will wait until i am married!!! dudes who struggle with this, your hormones REALLY die down after 25

dont you ever feel that you have missed out on a lot of years of fun ? (ie sexual experiences) dont you ever get jealous of friends who are having sex?

Im a 21 year old male virgin, and the previous 2 qquestions apply to me. Its esppecially hard because there is so much sex on tv/media etc and so many people have casual sex etc, i almost feel weird for having not did it.

Its just a side of life i have no experience of/a side of me left unexplored
(edited 13 years ago)
It's not "weird", but it starts to become unusual after 18-19 sadly enough
Reply 79
Original post by bloomblaze
dont you ever feel that you have missed out on a lot of years of fun ? (ie sexual experiences) dont you ever get jealous of friends who are having sex?

Im a 21 year old male virgin, and the previous 2 qquestions apply to me. Its esppecially hard because there is so much sex on tv/media etc and so many people have casual sex etc, i almost feel weird for having not did it.

Its just a side of life i have no experience of/a side of me left unexplored

no, i dont feel i missed out of years of fun. i would have liked to meet the right guy and get married at say age 22/3, and have loads of fun with only that guy while im young and hot and so is he. but i'd rather not have any at all than have it with a dude i didnt really truly love, and if we both loved each other that much why would we:

a) want 'experience' with other people? when you meet your wife, the thought that she has had other guys jizz in her muth and poon doent that make you ill?
b)not want to get married and spend the rest of our lives together?

it is weird being one of only a few who dont have the whole nudity and casual sex thing. but are the risks worth it? pregnancy for me is a main worry, i know 3 girls who were on the pill who all got pregs or had such a scare. one is a single mom, the other had abortin and the other took the morning after pill. nearly all the girls i know have had a pregnancy scare but i dounbt they ever talk about it to their bf. it could be sickness followed by a late period. or a no-show period.
and a baby is for life, even if you abort it you will know what you did, and wondering what your son or daughter would lok like knowing you killed them. also if yu adopt, you would always be wanting to find them.

i think i'd still like to marry but if i never meet anyone i think i'd be cool on my own. i can look grungy, not wear makeup and stilettos, come in at any time i want, eat ready brek for 3 meals a day, i have no man to impress and no man to worry omg is he cheating on me. i can do whatever i like! forever! im thinking of training to become a doctor and i want to work for medicin sans frontiers (travelling abroad to developing countries) you cant do that with a spouse and babies all your life.

as for my friends, no i am not jealous at all. i think i have a far more developed sense of identity and independance having not had a proper bf to lean on. i see so many girls sacrifice their dreams and give up everything to move in with their bf and just work in a shop of a crp job just so they can spend more time with their bf. girls who are educated with good degrees. wasted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending