The Student Room Group

Interview for BA (Hons) English Language

As the title says, I have an interview at Sheffield Hallam for English Language.
I was told at the open day that I didn't need an interview, they are only doing now this because of the amount of applications they've recieved this year :mad:
....so...what should I expect?

It's English Language, NOT literature. None of the modules are in literature, closest RELATED module is creative writing.

I don't need to bring anything with me, but what questions should I expect?

Thank you :smile:
I haven't done any interviews, but they'll probably want to know why you chose the course, what aspects interest you and so on. I doubt they'll ask anything hugely complicated.

[On a side note, I see you've applied to York St John - I have an offer from there for the same course as you and I'll probably have it as my insurance choice. :biggrin:)
Reply 2
Original post by AlexAntiHeroine
I haven't done any interviews, but they'll probably want to know why you chose the course, what aspects interest you and so on. I doubt they'll ask anything hugely complicated.

[On a side note, I see you've applied to York St John - I have an offer from there for the same course as you and I'll probably have it as my insurance choice. :biggrin:)

Yeah, the guy on the phone said it's just stuff like 'why do you wanna be on this course' and so on. So i think it's just like a general chat. I've started reading a few books so i can pull a few names out if he asks what books i read. So yeah, i think I'm sorted for it :smile:

Yeah! Still haven't heard back from them!!
I'm getting pretty annoyed as well because If they leave it all too late and I'm having to choose between Huddersfield and Sheffield then I want to be able to have time to go and visit to accommodation and the universities one more time before i decide on my Firm and Insurance choices, because i want YSJ to be my first choice.

I'll wait until Hallam get back to me after my interview and I'll give YSJ a phone, cause they're taking the p*** now.

Where else have you applied to? You're probably the only person who i've found who's applying for the same course as me :smile:
Original post by Emmargh
Yeah, the guy on the phone said it's just stuff like 'why do you wanna be on this course' and so on. So i think it's just like a general chat. I've started reading a few books so i can pull a few names out if he asks what books i read. So yeah, i think I'm sorted for it :smile:

Yeah! Still haven't heard back from them!!
I'm getting pretty annoyed as well because If they leave it all too late and I'm having to choose between Huddersfield and Sheffield then I want to be able to have time to go and visit to accommodation and the universities one more time before i decide on my Firm and Insurance choices, because i want YSJ to be my first choice.

I'll wait until Hallam get back to me after my interview and I'll give YSJ a phone, cause they're taking the p*** now.

Where else have you applied to? You're probably the only person who i've found who's applying for the same course as me :smile:

Sounds pretty good :smile: Good luck anyway, I really hope you get an offer. I have a friend who's going to be studying English Language at Sheffield Hallam next year and she says it's a fantastic course. She applied to Huddersfield too, I believe.

So have you visited YSJ yet? I'm going to the Visit Day on the 26th of March.

I've applied to York, Lancaster, Newcastle and Nottingham - I have offers from all of them except Nottingham who still haven't replied (but I don't wanna go there so it's all good). I may have York as my firm and YSJ as insurance, because I really really like the city of York. Where else have you applied?
Reply 4
Original post by AlexAntiHeroine
Sounds pretty good :smile: Good luck anyway, I really hope you get an offer. I have a friend who's going to be studying English Language at Sheffield Hallam next year and she says it's a fantastic course. She applied to Huddersfield too, I believe.

So have you visited YSJ yet? I'm going to the Visit Day on the 26th of March.

I've applied to York, Lancaster, Newcastle and Nottingham - I have offers from all of them except Nottingham who still haven't replied (but I don't wanna go there so it's all good). I may have York as my firm and YSJ as insurance, because I really really like the city of York. Where else have you applied?

yes i have, went in August. There was on before that but it was on my 18th and i didnt fancy walking around YSJ for my birthday :rolleyes:

and i've applied to Huddersfield, York St. John, Sheffield Hallam, Edge Hill and Salford.
if YSJ don't get back soon then I'm just gonna go to either hallam or huddersfield.

my interview's next wednesday though at hallam, so i gotta ace my way through that first :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending