The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sweet.
Reply 2
Magic!!!
Reply 3
"For the bank balance-minded student, the highest starting salaries in 2004 are being offered by investment banks, consulting firms, law firms, oil companies, and commercial/retail banks. The most lucrative destination for graduates is, unsurprisingly, London and the south east."

I like the sound of that. :smile:
Reply 4
Sire
"For the bank balance-minded student, the highest starting salaries in 2004 are being offered by investment banks, consulting firms, law firms, oil companies, and commercial/retail banks. The most lucrative destination for graduates is, unsurprisingly, London and the south east."

I like the sound of that. :smile:

Well I havent tried the grad market this year so i dont know if it is getting better but the last two years were both crap and I havent noticed an increase in my friends getting grad jobs this year but maybe its better for mew grads.
Reply 5
i was just looking for news on the top-up fees vote today, and this site comes second only to BBC news, and the guardian website: sweet!

cant find any outcome reports yet tho... has it happened
Reply 6
Isn't the vote tonight? Anyway the top up fees will go ahead their is no doubt about it.
*will be watching Channel 4 news at 7pm tonight*

Yes I know I'm a sad muppet but top up fees = job security (can you imagine the number crunching involved in pricing degrees :wink: )
Reply 8
But what it doesn't say is that the number of graduates is increasing so quickly it is nigh on imp0ossible to get job once you leave uni...
Reply 9
yay! if i can get a job, it should be all ok... oh, please let it be alright lol :smile:
Peapod
But what it doesn't say is that the number of graduates is increasing so quickly it is nigh on imp0ossible to get job once you leave uni...

The number of graduates from degree courses isn't increasing - it's been held steady for the last 3 years and is going to be held steady for the next 10. There are *no* new degree level student places being funded.

The number of people with foundation degrees however will increase over the next few years.
Reply 11
Around 20,000 is what it's been at for years :frown: I think that top up fees will be the end for Blair. If they go through he will e hated by the public and will be voted out next election. If they don't go through I think that Labour might call a vote of no confidence some time in the future and he will be disposed of that way. First Iraq, now this Blair has gone from being the peoples hero (Not mine in the first place luckily!) to being despised by many a household.
Reply 12
ChrisR
Around 20,000 is what it's been at for years :frown: I think that top up fees will be the end for Blair. If they go through he will e hated by the public and will be voted out next election. If they don't go through I think that Labour might call a vote of no confidence some time in the future and he will be disposed of that way. First Iraq, now this Blair has gone from being the peoples hero (Not mine in the first place luckily!) to being despised by many a household.

Most of his critics wouldnt have actually voted for him anyway :tongue: Also since the majority of people dont vote, in perticular the students who this is going to effect- he will probably get through again. There is no viable alternative to a Labour government and for him to loose the next election would take a historic change in support..
Reply 13
We already have the swing of power towards the glorious conservatives (I'm a tory in case you hadn't guessed :wink:) with them leading by 5% in the polls.
In this case I think the students might decide to excersise their vote against him. If he is re-elected I'll emigrate after I've graduated as I'm sure as hell not staying in a country which is being trashed by Blair at the momment.
In his third term we can expect:
The Euro
Foundation Hospitals (Yeah, more wasted time and money)
More money being pumped into the NHS
School money being squandered
Universitys still being short of cash after they've wasted the money from top up fees...
Reply 14
ChrisR
We already have the swing of power towards the glorious conservatives (I'm a tory in case you hadn't guessed :wink:) with them leading by 5% in the polls.
In this case I think the students might decide to excersise their vote against him. If he is re-elected I'll emigrate after I've graduated as I'm sure as hell not staying in a country which is being trashed by Blair at the momment.
In his third term we can expect:
The Euro
Foundation Hospitals (Yeah, more wasted time and money)
More money being pumped into the NHS
School money being squandered
Universitys still being short of cash after they've wasted the money from top up fees...

I will move if the Tory's get in (at the first opportunity).

Latest

Trending

Trending